Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Foster (I)
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Other
Schools: University of Wisconsin (Madison) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.66
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Disaster - GMATPREP 710-Actual test 570 - Advise needed [#permalink]
Obviously it was not your day - retake in 31 days & don't wear yourself out cramming between now & then. The second time around their much less uncertainty. You'll have a feel for what to expect from the test center - unfortunately for you the experience was a bit underwhelming.

On the lighter side, can I suggest a Red-Bull IV drip and catheter so as to not have to leave the test room next time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Yeah take the test as soon as you can. You are clearly ready for it. Don't worry about your score, that was certainly a fluke and a bad day.
Maybe go to another center that has a better palm reader :-).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Maybe I'm misreading this but can't you complain to Pearson Vue? A malfunctioning palm reader isn't exactly your fault.

And you should def retake it!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Dude,

FatRiver is dead right. Go ahead and lodge a complain for bad testing condition asking for BOTH score cancellation and refund for next date. Make a lot of noise and put a strong case forward. If nothing you will save 250$. May be the site moderator 'bb' can advise you on this. A similar incident happened in the past when a person was heavily penalized for a small careless mistake.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@nsspaz151 - Thankyou. I did not get what you were trying to say "can I suggest a Red-Bull IV drip and catheter so as to not have to leave the test room next time"

@mattfrommorocco - Ya. I plan to take it a different test center this time.

@FatRiverPuff - I am thinking of complaining to GMAC regarding the palm readers.

Thankyou so much for your responses. I am so tired and planning a vacation now. However, I would like to ask below questions.

1. I started to question my scrores in Practice tests. I am getting a feeling that because there were repeat questions in GMATPREP tests, the scores were inflated and thus I was able to score above 700. My question is does everybody see few questions that you know in GMATPREP tests or it is only me who saw repeats?

2. As far as I know, I did not put to use what learnt in the test. How can I overcome this problem?

3. Now if I do GMATPREP tests or OG or MGMAT Tests, the scores will be inflated as I will remember answers to most of the questions. How do I forget all the answers?

I am thinking of attempting the test in few months, I know I will have to prepare for new type of questions i.e IR. The reason I want to attempt in few months is because I think I will have go thru all the material one more time atleast and also forget all the questions/answers from prep tests. What are your thoughts on this?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
chasegmat,

Don't worry. Same happened to me. I was scoring around 700-720 on Manhattan exams and stable 720 on preps but day before actual test I had a temperature and scored 640 :( (On first official test I also scored 640 and with the same Q-V split!). That was a nightmare! Don't give up, schedule your next test after month but don't forget to read once more every material! You will not progress only with CATs.

Good Luck !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@budablasta -Thankyou.

@akakhidze - Looks like you have a similar story. So what happened the second time? What was your score in 2nd try?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts