Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:01 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT Exam Cancelled - Itself! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Izzy1604,

Based on the information that you have provided, it sounds as though there was some type of 'administrative error' that was quickly caught and 'fixed.' That having been said, I strongly recommend that you confirm with Customer Support that your current appointment is still scheduled on the day and time that you scheduled it.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Huh. This is a weird one. It is possible that they could not accommodate your test? Maybe test center is closed for some reason? Only GMAC/Pearson can answer that.

PS. The very unusual aspect is that you got a refund. I have not heard of that instance - only credit and free reschedule options I am aware of. Definitely want to hear what you find out.

BB.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4656 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Izzy1604 wrote:
Guys, I got two emails today morning. One stated that my GMAT exam has been canceled (the email states that it contains information about the appointment 'I' canceled, when I didn't). Second was an invoice reversing the transaction

I am surprised - I didn't cancel the exam appointment. Since it was a Saturday, I found out contact details of customer support and have emailed them, because I really do want to give the test in Feb'20. I'll call them on Monday during their working hours

I am looking for some guidance on how to proceed, and wondering whether there are any others in the same predicament.
Hi Izzy1604,

It just means that they aren't able to deliver the exam at that center/time. It's good to see that they reversed the transaction though. I've seen a lot of cases where they didn't offer a refund unless specifically asked to.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1256 [0]
Given Kudos: 402
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
GMAT Exam Cancelled - Itself! [#permalink]
Hi izzy1604

It is uncommon -but possible-
case that gmac uniterally cancels your appointment, perhaps due to closure of the test center.

Just convey to the CS officer that you didn't initiate any cancellation and need a reschedule. Hope everything will end well

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, they replied to my email, asking for some details. I will call them today.
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Izzy1604,

Did you get things resolved with the folks at GMAC?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi. Sorry for going MIA. Yes, they responded saying there was some technical difficulty in scheduling exams on that day. They asked me to reschedule. I went back to the website and saw that that day was now unavailable so I booked a new date. I need to follow up with my bank for the transaction reversal
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1256 [0]
Given Kudos: 402
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi Izzy1604,

Glad that gmac returned the fee to you and cleared the air. However, it caused you inconvenience, physically and mentally, to reschedule your exam. Hope you can pick most suitable date that don't alter much on your application date.

Best of luck

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Was this an in-person test?
This is likely due to the test center issue such as closure, power outage, or some other logistical reason rather than violation of any kind or anything like that (most likely that is; however, if you have taken the test 8 times, this could be the reason but again, highly unlikely).

Anyway, let us know how it resolved or resolves.
My guess is test center was unavailable for some reason and they had to cancel. It is rare but it happens.

P.S. Let me know if I end up being wrong :lol:
BB

Divik wrote:
Izzy1604 wrote:
Guys, I got two emails today morning. One stated that my GMAT exam has been canceled (the email states that it contains information about the appointment 'I' canceled, when I didn't). Second was an invoice reversing the transaction

I am surprised - I didn't cancel the exam appointment. Since it was a Saturday, I found out contact details of customer support and have emailed them, because I really do want to give the test in Feb'20. I'll call them on Monday during their working hours

I am looking for some guidance on how to proceed, and wondering whether there are any others in the same predicament.

The same thing happened to me just now and I am trying to understand why it happened. This would have been my first attempt. Just 2 days before they have cancelled the exam :( .

What they sent:-

Mail 1:- "This e-mail contains important information about a cancelled exam appointment. Your appointment was either cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions or because you chose to cancel your exam appointment.
If your exam was cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions such as density reduction requirements or a test center closure, your full exam fee will be refunded.
If you chose to cancel your exam appointment, cancellation fees may apply, and you may receive a partial refund.
If you paid for your appointment using a credit card, your refund will be processed within 3-5 days of receiving your appointment cancellation email. If you paid using a voucher, the value of the voucher will be restored."

Mail 2:-"As requested your order has been cancelled. No amount is currently due. This is an invoice showing the reversal of the charges and should be kept for your records."

Regards,
zen_oh_sama
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Well, same happened to me and I received the refund. This attempt was supposed to be my last attempt and I was preparing for it as such. Sadly, my city doesn’t have any other slots until October and that’s very close to some application deadlines.

Does anyone know how to contact GMAC in Asia Pacific. The customer care number(+852 3077 4926) just doesn’t work. I waited on call for 20 minutes and nobody responded. Their email response is also slow, sometime taking up to 5 business days.

Are there any other ways to contact GMAC?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry!
What are you trying to achieve by calling? I don’t think they will be able to see additional slots and as much as they would feel bad for you, I think the options are what they are.

My suggestion would be to perhaps consider taking the test in another city if it’s possible of course. I know things can be super tough during the pandemic. The other option is to check multiple times per day test center availability. Schedules change quite often and people may end up canceling for various reasons. I would recommend chair checking first thing in the morning and last thing at night and also throughout the day. Perhaps right before lunch and right after lunch 😬

Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
bb brings up a great point. Just keep checking multiple times a day, to see if any seats open up.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts