Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 09:42 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 09:42
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6924 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Intern
Intern
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 31058 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
GMAT ONLINE EXPERIENCE - HELP NEEDED [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thebestway - In addition to following Andrew's recommendation, watch this video to minimize disruptions on the test. This should (adding ethernet) should help minimize glitches on the test.

-Rajat
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: International Business, Technology
Send PM
Re: GMAT ONLINE EXPERIENCE - HELP NEEDED [#permalink]
i have observed that delay in response time of 5-10 sec generally happens, when you are not in line of sight of your wifi router or your internet speed / system is slow.

And the situation get worst especially in the AWA section.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Green2k1, exactly, the main problem is AWA. I was not able to complete AWA section as whatever i wrote showed up on the screen only after 10-15 sec.
As for the Wi-Fi, I checked the speed beforehand and the speed was 2 times higher that needed for the test as per Examity requirements.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 31058 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thebestway - Speed at a point in time is not the same as consistent speed for 2+ hours. Please note that most routers and wifi cards are optimized for downlink and no uplink (PC to router). For a successful exam, you need to upload upwards of 15 Gigabits of data. I would not trust any wifi (other than Wifi 6) to be consistent over a 2-hour long exam. Set up ethernet and you will be much happier. As someone who designed wireless in my previous life, I don't trust consumer electronics to deliver such performance reliably.

-Rajat
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6924 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thebestway wrote:
Andrew, thank you so much for your information. I certainly checked all the previous posts before starting a new thread.
Also, I hope maybe you or someone can recommend what to do to minimize technical problems - specific PC requirements, internet connection, etc

Hello again, Thebestway. You should start by ensuring that your device meets all the requirements outlined on the official site. The table found on that page does a better job of spelling out the specifics than any particular recommendation I have seen on this site.

Good luck.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4696 [1]
Given Kudos: 646
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thebestway wrote:
Green2k1, exactly, the main problem is AWA. I was not able to complete AWA section as whatever i wrote showed up on the screen only after 10-15 sec.
As for the Wi-Fi, I checked the speed beforehand and the speed was 2 times higher that needed for the test as per Examity requirements.

Hi Thebestway,

You've already received some great responses, but you may not be able to do anything about this.

1. You could try checking whether you get a latency of 10000-15000 ms (!) on any other application, ever (stability).
2. If your Wi-Fi connection is shared, try to limit usage of that connection, or switch your Wi-Fi off and use a cable.
3. Close as many apps that may be using your system's resources as you can.
4. Examity's minimum requirements are quite modest ("2Mbps, with 10Mbps preferred"). When you say 2 times higher, do you mean 4 Mbps, or 20 Mbps? If it's 20, your internet speed is definitely not an issue.

Other members will be in a much better position to comment on this, but I've been told by students who know about such things that the problem could also be (a) the connection between your provider and Examity, (b) Examity, on your side, and/or (c) Examity, on their side. If it's any of these, there's nothing that you can do about the issue other than letting Examity know. For example, if Examity is running some kind of analysis, measuring how fast text is entered or storing that text and trying to synchronise (not a technical term) your input with their data in some way, that's their fault.

All the best for the retake.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22408 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thebestway wrote:

Did you end up signing up for the online test?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37598 posts