Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 23:36 It is currently 13 May 2024, 23:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 296 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3675 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Re: GMAT Pill Guarantee ?? Are you sure ... [#permalink]
Sorry to be the devil's advocate here. But Vikram seriously there are pretty much awesome books available in the market - much more exhaustive and much inexpensive - some of which you may be unaware of and if you can motivate yourself to study from these then you can become a expert.

IMO the online prep courses should be used to round off your knowledge and for some extra tips but only after you have a solid foundation.

Originally posted by AbhiJ on 11 Dec 2011, 09:39.
Last edited by AbhiJ on 11 Dec 2011, 09:49, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah but i do not have time to read books, videos will be more interactive and concepts could be understood in much less time
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So finally I have purchased gmat pill verbal and I am loving it..hehe borrowed Mcdonald’s tagline. Seriously I am enjoying the way Zeke explains concepts in his videos. It's so much better than the prep program I paid so much for before.

I am following his 1 month strategy and began with RC, my weakest area, and good part is that I am improving upon it. He really shows you how to do it rather than just telling you that "focus on main point of passage and do not get bogged down into details". I have started seeing his RC videos and have already started internalizing the process. This really pushes me to do the same when I do a RC passage. I find RC pill awesome and will update as and when I begin with SC and CR, I hope they are equally good as I have heard a lot about his SC pill.

All my apprehension about buying gmat pill were turned down by his RC videos. Thanks Zeke. Well if you are reading this Zeke, can you tell me how you keep yourself concentrated during RC because i tend to loose concentration and start day-dreaming. This may be a very peculiar problem but i will highly appreciate if you can help me on this too. I have even tried personal coaching from a coaching center in my city (popular in my city only) but i could not benefit from them. I would definitely recommend anyone struggling in verbal to go for gmatpill rather than costly prep programs.Why pay more when you can get it for less…
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3675 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
vikram4689 wrote:
So finally I have purchased gmat pill verbal and I am loving it..hehe borrowed Mcdonald’s tagline. Seriously I am enjoying the way Zeke explains concepts in his videos. It's so much better than the prep program I paid so much for before.

I am following his 1 month strategy and began with RC, my weakest area, and good part is that I am improving upon it. He really shows you how to do it rather than just telling you that "focus on main point of passage and do not get bogged down into details". I have started seeing his RC videos and have already started internalizing the process. This really pushes me to do the same when I do a RC passage. I find RC pill awesome and will update as and when I begin with SC and CR, I hope they are equally good as I have heard a lot about his SC pill.

All my apprehension about buying gmat pill were turned down by his RC videos. Thanks Zeke. Well if you are reading this Zeke, can you tell me how you keep yourself concentrated during RC because i tend to loose concentration and start day-dreaming. This may be a very peculiar problem but i will highly appreciate if you can help me on this too. I have even tried personal coaching from a coaching center in my city (popular in my city only) but i could not benefit from them. I would definitely recommend anyone struggling in verbal to go for gmatpill rather than costly prep programs.Why pay more when you can get it for less…

Wow, great to hear that! Glad to know you are learning and improving. And thanks for posting.

Regarding how to maintain your level of concentration on RC - this, I believe, is the most difficult. It's all psychological.
You really need to pump yourself up and FORCE yourself to get excited.

A trick I sometimes advise: Get up and do jumping jacks and get your heart pumping!

Seriously.

I did this the morning of my exam and also regularly did this during my intense study period. You really need to force yourself to be excited about the passage - no matter how BORING it is. Because only when you are actively asking yourself: "Why is the author even writing this?" "What's his point?" "Is he agreeing with something or disagreeing with something?" "Is this paragraph supporting or refuting his previous point?"

--only when you actively ask those questions will you be able to retain enough information in a short amount of time to answer the question quickly.

So force yourself to get excited. Do jumping jacks if you need to.

Also, here's a great little video to get yourself pumped up:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs[/youtube]

When you watch it, think: "Who am I?"

"I AM A GMAT CHAMPION!!!"
GMAT Club Bot