Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '24 (D)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22063 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT score 670, should i retake? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi sukanya95,

First off, a 670/Q49 is a solid overall Score, so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. As such, a retest might not be necessary. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement (and the more time that you have to act on that advice, the better). There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

If you ultimately want to retest, then you might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sukanya95.

It sounds as if you had a weak test session and could easily have scored higher. So, why wonder whether 670 is good enough? You could just prepare a little more, including by taking more practice tests to get better at handling the test experience, and take the test again.

Also, this post on the GMAT score you need for INSEAD may help you to more clearly understand what kind of score you need for European schools.

INSEAD GMAT Score: What Score Do I Need?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 467
Send PM
Hi
As a fellow Indian with a 680 score, I believe you should retake it. It will help you target top colleges as well as help with scholarship options. Also, the average GMAT is little high as we come from a over represented pool

sukanya95 wrote:
I have been preparing for the gmat since May '22 and my first GMATPrep mock score was 540(Q40 V24). I enrolled myself into a 4 month course with GMATWhiz to get a structured study plan. I studied on and off but stretched my timeline a lot since i had not booked an exam date(I thought i'll book the date once i cross 700). At some point during my prep i was getting 680-690 in the Manhattan Mocks and 720 in the official mocks. But then i lagged a little bit and ended up with a 670 (Q49 V32) in the actual test yesterday. I realized during the exam at the center, i was not confident with my Verbal answers, i kept double checking them and therfore lost precious time. Also i thought my Quant went bad as i was getting pretty easy questions, hence i let that negativity pour into the Verbal section as well(I took the default Order: AWA->IR->Quant->Verbal). Overall i just wanted to get over with the exam quickly, was not able to focus on each question as deeply as i had done during my peak performances. Maybe a little exam day anxiety, not sure.
Do any decent B-school consider 670 good enough?(I am aiming for Indian and European B-schools primarily). Or should i retake the exam next month? Please help.

Profile:
Female
Indian
Btech ECE with GPA 4.0
Work exp - 4 years
Industry- IT
GMAT- 670 (Q49 V32 IR6)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
GmatTutorKnight wrote:
Checking out the websites of the schools you are interested in may give some insight. The schools may, for example, share the median GMAT score of their MBA class.

Quote:
ended up with a 670 (Q49 V32)

In case you decide to retake, here's someone who retook a V31 and got a V40 in about 30 days. They mention a variety of resources and tips you may quickly leverage. 5 Verbal tips you may also find helpful.

All the best.

Thanks, most of my target B-schools have a median score of 680-700. So i think i might need to retake.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
HI sukanya95,

670 is a solid GMAT score, but do you have a list of desired schools? If so, do you know the average GMAT scores at those schools?

Yeah they are mostly in the range of 680-700, so i might need to retake.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi sukanya95,

First off, a 670/Q49 is a solid overall Score, so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. As such, a retest might not be necessary. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement (and the more time that you have to act on that advice, the better). There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

If you ultimately want to retest, then you might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Attachments

File comment: Thank you! Yeah i have decided to improve my score. Please find attached my ESR. Could you please help analyse this?
Sukanya Chatterjee_434132030_ESR.pdf [485.12 KiB]
Downloaded 44 times

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
sukanya95 wrote:
HI sukanya95,

670 is a solid GMAT score, but do you have a list of desired schools? If so, do you know the average GMAT scores at those schools?

If you’re planning to apply in round two, I don’t really think you have time to retake unless you do a hit and run type of approach 🤷‍♂️😬

Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT score 670, should i retake? [#permalink]
bb wrote:
sukanya95 wrote:
HI sukanya95,

If you’re planning to apply in round two, I don’t really think you have time to retake unless you do a hit and run type of approach 🤷‍♂️😬

True, i have applied to ISB and applying to the others as well but i don't think i'll cut the mark. Hence, trying for another attempt and maybe apply in R3 or next year. Hoping for the best though :)
GMAT Club Bot
GMAT score 670, should i retake? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts