Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 19:10 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 19:10
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22410 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2067 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: GMAT(Scored 0% on IR) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
enigma1504:

Tough situation! If you GMAC deletes the 730, do you get another attempt? What is your next best score? How confident are you if you are granted another attempt that you can match your 730 but with a better IR score?

Can you tell us more about this technical issue? Was this the your fault or GMAC's fault? If the latter, I am wondering if you can be granted an exemption to your GMAT attempts. This is such an unusual situation as described, that I'm hopeful there's an "out-of-the-box" solution.

I think the riskier proposition is submitted an IR score of 0% to these schools and assuming they'll be fine with it as opposed to retaking the exam even if ultimately you have to cancel your 730.

Keep all of us posted - we're here to help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado wrote:
enigma1504:

Tough situation! If you GMAC deletes the 730, do you get another attempt? What is your next best score? How confident are you if you are granted another attempt that you can match your 730 but with a better IR score?

Can you tell us more about this technical issue? Was this the your fault or GMAC's fault? If the latter, I am wondering if you can be granted an exemption to your GMAT attempts. This is such an unusual situation as described, that I'm hopeful there's an "out-of-the-box" solution.

I think the riskier proposition is submitted an IR score of 0% to these schools and assuming they'll be fine with it as opposed to retaking the exam even if ultimately you have to cancel your 730.

Keep all of us posted - we're here to help.

Yes - If GMAC deletes 730, I will get another attempt, but it's risky as I doubt I will get a 730 or better score again.
my next best score is 700, Q 49, V 36, IR 4 - GMAT Online did not have the AWA section then.

The technical fault was both at GMAC's end and my end. The letter clearly states that there were unresolved technical difficulties because of which the candidate could not attempt the IR section successfully.
I had a word with Kellogg Admissions Office and they asked me to not retake the GMAT until asked. Booth mentioned that it's totally up to me.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2067 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
enigma1504:

Interesting. Are those the only two schools you are considering? If so, you might want to speak to a couple more admissions offices just to get a broader consensus. Based on this limited information, it sounds like they are not going to fault you.

Since you are really nervous about retaking the exam, you should submit BOTH the 730 score and the 700 score. It's POSSIBLE given how unusual this situation is, the schools will consider your IR score from your 700 test but be willing to count your 730 score for admission. Naturally, I would use the optional essay for both schools (and any others to which you apply) to address this point. I wouldn't solely rely on the GMAC letter to explain this situation on your behalf.

Tough call, but the feedback you have received sounds like this could work in your favor.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22410 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Expert Reply
enigma1504 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep, I have unfortunately exhausted my GMAT attempts. Hence I will not be able to give it another shot.

GMAC can delete this 730 score if I am to write again, which puts me in a risky position.

Got it. Thank you for the update.
GMAT Club Bot