program
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 28, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 28, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interview Debrief I had my interview with Kate Piasecki. Overall pretty chill and straightforward. A lot of focus on why I chose what I did in my professional life. Also, plenty of questions were around Goizueta. Know about the courses and electives you wish to take. No tell me about yourself Why did you do Civil engineering? Why did you go to analytics from Civil engineering? About the company and my role in all organizations I was a part of. Why business? Tell me about your business? How did you come to know about Goizueta? What events of Goizueta did you attend? Short term goals? Long term goals? What are your values in a team? What values would you want from your team? Why MBA? What electives do you plan to take to reach your goals? Anything you would like to add? Any questions for me?"
4.7 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 14, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 13, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hello everyone, Questions I have got during MBA interview with Goizueta business school I had on 13.02.2024: 1. Tell me more about your background education and professional experiences 2. Why did you choose Goizueta business school? 3. Tell me about the skills you are expecting to improve while MBA at Goizueta Business school 4. Please, specify your strengths and weakness working in a team 5. Tell me about a time you received a valueble feedback 6. At the beginning of the interview I mentioned my professional achievement. She asked me to provide more details of this biggest achievement. And final part was far more interesting as we talked about my experiences in US. Then, we also talked about Atlanta. She shared me with its rich history and sightseeings. And I asked a question about students' life at the school. We ended up the interview."
6 years
Uzbekistan
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 14, 23
"Introduce yourself Why MBA and Why Now Tell me about the Education sector in Africa and the work your firm does Why the Emory MBA Shared about something on my resume, which led to a question on my leadership style Any questions for me The interview was with an Adcom and it lasted 50 minutes."
This user wants to stay Private
5.3 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 20, 23
Interviewed on:
Oct 20, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had an interview with Kate Piasecki. It was conversational but quite intense in term of questions. Interview lasted 25-27mins and a 5-7mins for questions to Adcom. I was asked about 15 questions, a lot of them are about reasons I did this and that. 1. Why did you come to the U.S. to study for undergrad, why your major? 2. What kind of job you wanted after graduation from college? 3. How did you find your first job in non-profit? 4. What you do in your current job? 5. There are a lot of teamwork in MBA program, what is a strength you would bring to your team at Emory, what is a weakness in teamwork? 6. During your job, did you received a feedback from your supervisor, and what was it about? 7. ST/LT goals? Why MBA? 8. What companies you plan to work after MBA? 9. If things don't work out, what is your plan B? 10. Why Emory? 11. What do you do outside of work? 12. You mentioned your hobby in [this], tell me more about it. Some more questions I don't remember. I felt that there were a lot of questions, she expected short and straight-forward answers, when I talk a bit much (90s), she stopped me once. Beside that one-time stop, I felt it's okay, a bit stressful but conversational at the end."
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 25, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I just had my interview. I feel really good about it. My adcom made it comfortable and conversational. It was about getting to know me. Very straightforward. They weren’t trying to trick me or quiz me. 1. Why mba? 2. Why now? 3. Why Goizueta? 4. Walk me through your resume, a few follow up or clarification questions. 5. Why your undergrad? 6. What will you bring to Emory? 7. Tell me about your current role and if you oversee anyone. 8. What’s your post mba plan? Which location? 9. What questions do you have for me. They seemed to be on a strict 30 minute limit but I had 6 minutes or so for questions. They didn’t ask if I had talked to any alumni I had spoken with nor any clubs/classes that I was interested in. The adcom had reviewed my resume but not my application. A second person does that and they correlate together and with the team to make a decision."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 16, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 17, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interviewer: Ms. Ashly Galuppo Duration: 30 minutes Ms. Galuppo started by introducing herself and saying that the interview would be conversational. Questions asked: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What are some projects you have worked on at BPCL? 3. Which accomplishment are you most proud of? 4. Describe one experience where you lead your team. What did you learn from it? 5. Why do you want to do an MBA and why from Goizueta? 6. What is your short term goal and how will Goizueta help you achieve it? 7. What do you like to do in your free time and why? 8. Do you have any questions for me? This was a blind interview meaning that the interviewer did not have access to the application. Hence, one can use content mentioned in essays to answer some interview questions. Tip: Remember to stay calm throughout the interview. That helps a lot!"
2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 30, 22
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"1) little intro chat about my class visit and events that I engaged with Emory, how they were etc. 2) Tell me about yourself? 3) Why MBA and how it will help you with your goals? 4) Why Emory? when there are other schools for your aspirations that may be better for entrepreneurship? 5) Talk about your startup journey during the pandemic? What challenges did you face? What you did do to cope with them and learn? 6) What is your leadership style? what do you see as the important traits when building an A-star team? 7) What is DEI to you? and tell scenarios to substantiate. 8) who you are outside the class? what sports do you play and where do you play? 9) What do you know about Fellowships at Emory and have you applied to any or thinking to apply? 10) Why do you think you will be able to achieve your post-MBA career goal? Then a little chat over other resources at Emory. It was very conversational and friendly. They are just trying to know you better and check your confidence level."
ranforce7
9.2 years
United States
One-Year MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 4, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 4, 22
"Hello All! I just had my interview with Matt Morgan from the Adcom of Goizueta and he was friendly and cheerful. The interview lasted for exactly 30 mins. Questions asked: 1. Walk me through your work experience - 2-3 mins 2. Why MBA and why now? 3. Why is this a personally good time to do an MBA? (this question was something that I had not thought of/prepared for) 4. What are your short term goals and long term goals? 5. What value did you create in your leadership experience? 6. What would people who know you - clients, coworkers say your strengths are? 7. What do you think your strengths are? 8. What is that motivates you to do what you do and what you wish to do? 9. How did you hear about Emory Goizueta? 10. What is it at Goizueta that will help you achieve your goals - courses, features 11. What would you do for the Goizueta community? 12. What do you do for fun? He gave me few minutes to ask him questions and told me he could connect me with the Career management for specific questions."
bhu750
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 3, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 22
Final Decision:
Invited to Interview
"Hi all, I just finished my interview, questions are Walking through your resume, ST career goal after MBA, leadership experiences, why Emory, extracurricular activities and also constructive criticism. It seems like they need to control the time in 30 mins so I only ask one question."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 7, 22
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Mar 7, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hi, So, had my interview 30 minutes back. Duration - exactly 30 minutes (Very punctual about this ...i guess time crunching at their end) Questions - 1) Walk me through your resume (they ask u to ans it in 3 min exactly no more) 2)Follow up questions on my work history 3)Gaps in Resume and what were the reasons 4)What is something that you have done in your current role as a team lead which can be considered as a leadership exp example? 5)What are your ST and LT goals? 6)Why MBA now? 7)Plan B if any? 8)Any questions"
One-Year MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 2, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 2, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Was conversational. Was interviewed by Heather Holland. She made it clear at the beginning that it will be straightforward with no trick questions. 1. How has your thought process evolved through your work experience? 2. How did you recruit in your current firm while at campus? 3. How was your learning in your first role? Was it steep or took some time? 4. Why MBA? Why One Year? Why now? 5. How did you go about shortlisting colleges for MBA? 6. Short term long term goals? 7. What do you know about Atlanta? 8. 2 places you would take anyone to in Mumbai (I stay there) And some more smaller questions on my life. Pleasant experience. Could have done much better. All the best to everyone!"
ganeshv266
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 1, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 1, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by Susan Mellage. What a delightful experience! The interview lasted 27 mins and it was blind. Questions 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Goizueta? 4. One early leadership lesson you learnt in your career 5. One leadership trait you possess 6. Any questions?"
4.1 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 10, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 3, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Some questions I summarized for the video interviews. Hope it helps! 1/ Do you have a mentor? Describe the importance of that relationship. 2/ What is the best gift you have ever received? 3/ What book do you like and why? 4/ What is your fav song and why? 5/ If you had to live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? 6/ Of Goizueta Business School’s Core Values (Courage, Integrity, Accountability, Rigor, Diversity, Team, Community), which one resonates the most with you and why? 7/ Why did you choose your undergrad major? 8/ Tell us a time you were challenged by a coworker. How did you handle the situation? 9/ (tell us about a belief you challenged and what triggered it) OR tell us about your first job? 10/ If you could visit anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why? 11/ What do you think are the defining characteristics of a leader? 12/ Tell us about a professional or personal situation where you have served as a mentor to another."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 14, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 5, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Susan Mellage and as many people mentioned, she has the most comforting smile during the interview. It was very conversational and she asked me very typical MBA interview questions with some f/u questions. 1. Tell me about yourself? 1-1. Why did I go to Canada and why did I choose to study in the US for my undergraduate study. 2. ST / LT goals 3. Why Goizueta? 4. Why MBA? 5. Leadership experience? 6. Constructive feedback? 7. What are you going to do between now and the class 8. Do you have any questions for me/"
5.4 years
Korea, Republic of
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 28, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Libby Livingston. She asked a lot of small follow questions in the middle. I don't remember all of them but trying to jot down the main questions. She was very friendly and the interview felt conversational. 1. Tell me about your professional experience. 2. What do you like most about your current role. 3. Notable professional achievement 4. Among the leaders you have worked with, which of their qualities would you want to emulate and which would you want to avoid? 5. What kind of roles immediately post-MBA and in your internship are you planning to do? And what kind of work do you want to do? 6. Why MBA? 7. Why Goizueta? 8. If you had to go back and do it all over, what would you change or what would you do differently? 9. Is there anything else you would like to discuss? 10. Do you have any questions for me?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 19, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Sep 27, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had my interview with Susan Mellage. The interview started with Susan asking me to talk about my background, and she also talked about hers. It was very conversational and she was very easy to talk to. 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Why an MBA and why now? 3. Tell me about a time you led your team to be successful, and why do you think you were successful? 4. Example of a time you got constructive criticism. 5. Short-term and long-term goals. 6. What I would like to get out of the MBA program 7. How I would contribute to the MBA program Overall, I felt like it went great!"
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 12, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 4, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interviewed by Libby 1. Talk about your prof exp. 2. Why did you choose this job. 3. Why MBA. 4. Why now? 5. Why Emory? 6. WhT are your plans till starting school. 7. Any questions for me?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Sep 8, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Sep 7, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I scheduled my early interview and appeared for the same on 7th Sept 2021. It was a zoom meeting and conducted by Susan Mellage from Adcom. Susan has a comforting smile and even though it was my first interview, I didn't feel nervous. The interview lasted for exactly 30 minutes. And it was a very general conversational interview. The objective is only to know the candidate more and not to grill them. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Tell me an instance in which you were in crisis at work. What did you do? What did you learn? 3. Why do you want to gain out of an MBA program? (ST/LT goals) 4. Why Emory? 5. Any instances of leadership you showed at work. 6. One most constructive piece of advice received from someone. Then I was asked if I have any questions, I had quite a few, and she answered them in detail. All in all, it was a very chilled and relaxed interview. My advice to everyone is be yourself. And have authentic stories to tell. Best of luck!!"
Shubham Jha
2.2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Sep 5, 21
Interviewed on:
Sep 2, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Dear All, I scheduled my early interview and appeared for the same on 2nd Sept 2021. It was a zoom meeting and conducted by Libby Livingston from Adcom. It lasted for 30 minutes only. Please check the questions: 1. Tell me about your professional experience. 2. Frequent job hopping (why I left last 3 companies?) 3. Any professional achievement I am proud of? 4. Why MBA? Short-term career goal? 5. Why now? 6. In which three words would my colleagues describe me? 7. Any consistent and constructive piece of feedback I have received from my managers? I asked one question at last."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 23, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Apr 23, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewer: Susan Mellage, adcom member. Absolutely conversational and she had the most comforting smile. Pro tip: Be as natural and engaging as you can. Tone modulation when you describe your story, ups and downs is very imp. Smile, smile, smile! 1. Introduction and professional background 2. How would MBA help you grow in your career? (Explain post MBA goals and make sure to emphasize on what made you realise that an MBA is imperative to achieve those goals) 3. What are you looking to get from Goizueta MBA? -Bonus points if you can find your resume twin and paint a picture of their path and thereby you have a good chance to follow similar-ish career path. -For internationals: STEM is an attraction -I’m from healthcare background and made sure to bring up cross-collaboration opportunities with Emory healthcare centre and dual degree public policy students -Also mentioned about 1-2 professors of interest (Little nuances like these rather than just saying clubs of interest [e.g. be specific which event at the club or what activity of that club excites you] really impress adcoms tht you’ve done good homework about schools 4. Describe the most successful project that you worked on and what did you learn about yourself from it? 5. Outside work what excites you or keeps you occupied? Interview time: Approx 45 mins including 5 minutes to answer my questions. Good luck!"
jyo107
4.1 years
India