Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [2]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: How much time should i spend....? [#permalink]
DAY 1- Bought Powerscore CR bible

Day 2 - Started chapter 1 (About stimulus)

Day 3 - Completed chapter 1

Day 4 - Started Chapter 2 (About Ques Stem and answers)

Day 5- Same

Day 6- Completed

Day 7 - Started Weakening Chapter

Day 8- Completed

Day 9 - OG 12 practice Only Weakening ques -Total 37 ques's

Did 20 first 16/20 accuracy.

Day 10 - Went for shopping

Day 11 - Remaining 17 weakening ques.

6/17 accuracy...

Over all out of 22/37....60% Accuracy....

Day 12 - Started Strengthen and assumption chapter......

still reading it.....
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32882 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
I do think at least two months is the minimum...........I do not believe in miracles when i read GMAT in one month and so on........

Apart some rare case, everyone must have the time to digest the concepts and practise........practise......practise, especially for a non native speakers.
Director
Director
Send PM
Day 13 - Finished strengthen chapter, Started practicing from OG 12, total 34 ques.....

Did 16 out of which 12 were correct.....will do remaining 18 tomorrow..

Have to finish assumption chapter as well .....
Director
Director
Send PM
Day 14 to Day 27 was on a vacation......Have to study now real hard!!!!!

I will stick to CR unless i finish complete OG....
Director
Director
Send PM
Day 28 to Day 36

As per my commitment towards CR- spending time on CR only- so far i have completed Strengthen,Weaken, assumption,main point( i am not good in this),ressolve the paradox.

So two more days and i will complete power score CR bible, after that i can start manhattan SC though i have already read till chapter 4.

Will spend 20 days for SC, 10 days for RC and after that quant.

Since i am left out with bunch of practice test i should start them once i finish CR and SC.

Also gmat club test was also nice and good for practice + improving quant scores which i desperately need.

So if all goes well tomorrow i will write my 1st gmat club quant test.

Its 2.07AM will spend an hour solving CR in this forum and will finish Power score tomorrow as much as i can.

Also after spending 15 days reviewing CR i feel confident about CR though my accuracy is 65% average but atleast now i am not scared of it.

Allright guys will update tomorrow.......
Director
Director
Send PM
Day 37 (1.39 AM)

Practice must be true and resolve the paradox ques from OG....

i am stuck in Must be true ques..I dont know what is wrong i have read the same chapter 3 time but even after solving 16 ques only 3 were correct.....This is my worst accuracy ever in CR.....

Now i am only searching CR strategies here in CR forums....specially must be true strategies

i havent written gmat club test.....Because i have not reviewed MGMAT number prop, word prab and geometry....So after that i should start with gmat club tests.....

Also a gmatter suggested me to work on Quant simultaneously as it will be more productive.......

so tomorrow i should finish evaluate the argument ques's + evaluate the conclusion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
hello prateek,

I have been following your posts for last 2 months. I will like to wish you best for your preparations and hope you get your target score. However I am little skeptical about the strategy you are following. You are taking only 1 section at a time. 5 sections are tested on gmat- (ps, ds, cr, rc and sc). also even in 1 section you stop on any subsection if you have problems. (ex- must be true question). While concentrating on one section at a time could be a good strategy, you still have to consider you have only 60 days remaining before your scheduled D day. Its not just that you have to 'finish' every section before your test but also you have to keep 20 days for 'final practice'. So you should mix up your studies. I will advise that you start number property book ASAP. You should not study cr for 1 hr everyday, only half an hour should do. and dont get stuck on or bogged down by one type of question. If you have problems with any one type of problem, forget it for somedays, and then redo the questions you got wrong. re-read the explanations. At some point of time you will get a better understanding. I am writing this all because I feel, I too have been in your position. I too started with a very low mock test score and have laboured hard till now. So wish that you get your target score . best of luck and keep us updated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
prateekbhatt wrote:
Day 37 (1.39 AM)

Practice must be true and resolve the paradox ques from OG....

i am stuck in Must be true ques..I dont know what is wrong i have read the same chapter 3 time but even after solving 16 ques only 3 were correct.....This is my worst accuracy ever in CR.....

Now i am only searching CR strategies here in CR forums....specially must be true strategies

i havent written gmat club test.....Because i have not reviewed MGMAT number prop, word prab and geometry....So after that i should start with gmat club tests.....

Also a gmatter suggested me to work on Quant simultaneously as it will be more productive.......

so tomorrow i should finish evaluate the argument ques's + evaluate the conclusion.

Start with one from CR, SC or RC and one from MGMAT Quant books... This way you will be able to balance your Quant and Verbal prep... :)
Director
Director
Send PM
Aj85 wrote:
hello prateek,

I have been following your posts for last 2 months. I will like to wish you best for your preparations and hope you get your target score. However I am little skeptical about the strategy you are following. You are taking only 1 section at a time. 5 sections are tested on gmat- (ps, ds, cr, rc and sc). also even in 1 section you stop on any subsection if you have problems. (ex- must be true question). While concentrating on one section at a time could be a good strategy, you still have to consider you have only 60 days remaining before your scheduled D day. Its not just that you have to 'finish' every section before your test but also you have to keep 20 days for 'final practice'. So you should mix up your studies. I will advise that you start number property book ASAP. You should not study cr for 1 hr everyday, only half an hour should do. and dont get stuck on or bogged down by one type of question. If you have problems with any one type of problem, forget it for somedays, and then redo the questions you got wrong. re-read the explanations. At some point of time you will get a better understanding. I am writing this all because I feel, I too have been in your position. I too started with a very low mock test score and have laboured hard till now. So wish that you get your target score . best of luck and keep us updated.

Hi Aj85

Thank you so much that was very informative.... and i completely buy you point.....Also i have added in my agenda..So from tomorrow i will start num prop.....But can you tell me how many days should i spend on it.?

Now i can study for about 4 hours.......
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi gmatprep2011

Thanks for the suggestion well i am very weak in verbal so this was the reason i thought i should solely study that.....

So after 2 3 days i will start with MGMAT sc + quant.....

Thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
Day 38 1.16AM

Its Diwali festival week here.....So honestly went for a shopping...could not study anything.......

since now i am free for two hours i can study...Will surf gmat club forums and solve few ques's....

Also few of my gmatter friends have suggested me to Add few more topics in my schedule.

OCT 24 Agenda

Finish Power score Cr
Practice as many ques's from OG as possible.
MGMAT number prop.

Apart from this i will be active on gmat club Quant and verbal forums....Once i will complete CR i will solve 50 Kaplan CR ques's from the book and Gmat prep software CR practice.

Also i have around 17 full length tests left i really have to pace up and review basics ASAP.

So i will catch you tomorow.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
prateekbhatt wrote:

Hi Aj85

So from tomorrow i will start num prop.....But can you tell me how many days should i spend on it.?

There are no fixed rules. different people take different amount of time on understanding same thing. I took more than 1 month to get little grasp of sc book but completed the number property book in 4 days. I will advice that go on from chapter 1. Try to get a clear picture of what is being taught. Try to see relation between even and odd. what happens when you multiply them or add them. also create your own mini questions like whether -3 * -2 * 5 will be negative or positive. Just understand the game of numbers. If you find any topic that you are not able to understand completely, you may post questions here as gmatclub has so many good students who can always solve your problem. Also each chapters of manhattan guides have many example questions. Read them all. do all end of chapter questions. Then do OG related questions. Dont plan any specific number of chapter for any 1 day. if you can cover 2 chapters in a day then there is no problem in that.
Director
Director
Send PM
Aj85 wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:

Hi Aj85

So from tomorrow i will start num prop.....But can you tell me how many days should i spend on it.?

There are no fixed rules. different people take different amount of time on understanding same thing. I took more than 1 month to get little grasp of sc book but completed the number property book in 4 days. I will advice that go on from chapter 1. Try to get a clear picture of what is being taught. Try to see relation between even and odd. what happens when you multiply them or add them. also create your own mini questions like whether -3 * -2 * 5 will be negative or positive. Just understand the game of numbers. If you find any topic that you are not able to understand completely, you may post questions here as gmatclub has so many good students who can always solve your problem. Also each chapters of manhattan guides have many example questions. Read them all. do all end of chapter questions. Then do OG related questions. Dont plan any specific number of chapter for any 1 day. if you can cover 2 chapters in a day then there is no problem in that.

That was exceptional thanks, since we are talking about num prop i have noticed that unlike manhattan SC where at the end of every chapter you get OG ques but in num prob - OG ques's are given at the end of the book....any reason for that or i can continue with those ques after every chapter....

Also how important it is to complete the advanced part which is given in every MGMAT quant book?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
'OG ques's are given at the end of the book..'

If that is the case then read the whole book and then answer the og questions or do whichever way you like. Advance sections of quant book 1 (number property) and book3 (vlc) are very very important. You should not skip them . however from my personal experience i didn't get enough help by reading the sc guide's advance section. But you should try to read all and see for yourselves which contents are helpful to you.
Director
Director
Send PM
Okk alright thanks...So you are saying that i should review the advanced part as well...

Thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
Day 39 12.46AM

I normally like to finish what i have started reading but today something went wrong....from last 2 weeks i was only doing CR and CR and CR...But today i did not touch it......

since yesterday i wanted to start number prop so today finally started i guess the 1st four chapter were really easy and smooth....It took me around 2 hors to read and then complete the followed exercise.....

OCT 26 Agenda

CR practice
Number prop chapter 5
Start MGMAT SC from chapter 5..

Now i have decided that i will spend half an hour on each topic rather than reading a single section for a month...

also since today studying was a change honestly i wasent bored did not felt sleepy.....

So this looks like a nice plan..provided i follow it sincerely .......
Director
Director
Send PM
Day 40 1.58AM

Its diwali festival week here......Shopping ,crackers , sweets and Gmat ...yeah good combination.....

Today i have completed MGMAT number prop chapter 5 on exponents....Very nice and informative..loved it...Had one mistake in the followed drill....

After that Completed MGMAT SC chapter 5 on pronoun...Interesting chapter had around 5 mistakes out of 15 in followed drill...But surprisingly got on 2ques correct out of 6....so verbal after 3 months not a very good start......

OCT 26 agenda

Review incorrect MGMAT SC pronoun
Start chapter 6 SC
start chapter 6 and 7 of number prop.
also will try to practice and review CR too....
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3