GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 05:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

I can't get any better in GMAT .. Please HELP

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
I can't get any better in GMAT .. Please HELP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 23:59
Hi

I have a major problem with the GMAT

I dont feel like i get any better with the question, i have finished the Manhattan prep package, and the official guide , I studient them all and answered their questions

I even purchased the extra package from the GMAC , but the issue is i dont feel like i get any better

I fall for the same mistakes every time

any help with this please ?
examPAL Representative
G
Re: I can't get any better in GMAT .. Please HELP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 01:00
Hi khaledyosry,

Thanks for reaching out.
Could you please give a bit more information? This would make it easier to give you advice. Specifically:
1. Have you taken CATs before? If so, what were your scores? I need to know this to know more or less where you're at in terms of ability.
2. What is your target score? This is extremely important for determining a study plan - the amount of work necessary for a 650 and 750 are vastly different.
3. Have you built an error log for yourself? This is the most important part of self-improvement. When you study, you should not try to answer as many questions as possible but rather learn as you answer: What types of mistakes do you tend to make? What types of solution approaches work best for you?

If you like, check out our video on Introduction to PAL on our website here. There we explain the PAL system - 3 complementary and radically different approaches with which to solve different GMAT questions (our course specializes in adapting the right approach for each student). As different students have different strengths and weaknesses, you shouldn't expect that a 'one-size-fits-all' book will work for you. Instead, you must search for the specific approaches that make your life the easiest.

I am a CR Expert - Ask Me ANYTHING about CR
I am a DS Expert - Ask Me ANYTHING about DS

Watch free GMAT tutorials in Math, Verbal, IR, and AWA.

GMAT test takers: Watch now the GMAC interview with the people who write the GMAT test!
We discussed the chances of improving a GMAT score; how important the first questions on the test are; what to do if you don’t have enough time to complete a whole section; and more.

You can watch all the action from the interview here.

e-GMAT Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 03:21
Hi khaledyosry,

Solving questions alone won’t help until you learn from them and have a structured process for solving questions to avoid the mistake second time. I would also like to know if this is just your feeling that you are not doing well, or have you taken quizzes/tests to identify that you are not improving?

Attend free webinars this weekend to get a jump-start in your GMAT Prep

We are conducting free webinars this weekend on SC and Number Properties wherein you can learn structured processes to solve SC and NP questions. Register on the below links to reserve your spot.

Experience the e-GMAT Free Trial

Sign-up for the e-GMAT Free Trial to get access to the course that has helped a lot of students like you to ace the GMAT. I am sharing some direct links for your convenience. More of these (25+ video lessons and 350+ practice questions) are available in your Free Trial dashboard.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
I can't get any better in GMAT .. Please HELP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 08:59
Hi khaledyosry,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Before providing specific advice, I’d like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some additional questions:

1) Please describe how you have been studying. For many hours a day and for how many months? What resources have you been using?

2) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

3) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

4) How many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

Once I learn more about you, I can provide some detailed advice.

Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 09:17
What measures are you taking on improving on your mistakes?

Are you maintaining a error log and reviewing your mistakes again and again?

"Please hit :thumbup: +1 Kudos if you like this post" :student_man:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"

Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 09:33
khaledyosry wrote:
Hi

I have a major problem with the GMAT

I dont feel like i get any better with the question, i have finished the Manhattan prep package, and the official guide , I studient them all and answered their questions

I even purchased the extra package from the GMAC , but the issue is i dont feel like i get any better

I fall for the same mistakes every time

any help with this please ?

Hi
I would like to reiterate the same thing as others have pointed out in the above posts.
Maintaining an error log is one of the best part of improving your Gmat score. All candidates who have scored high on the Gmat maintain an error log. You can find many formats in the forum. Revise the questions and identify which mistakes you are making regularly. That way, you can avoid those mistakes.
All the best.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 09:43
so im not maintaining an error log , i tried but i couldnt use it properly i guess since i didnt find a use of it
I study for about on average 2 hours a day and to be increased to 4 or 5 hours a day on weekdays and the full day on weekends
Im planning on taking the exam after 2 months to catch the round 2 and the kennedy school deadline
I have a major problem with concentration , i fall for easy mistakes
I studied manhattan , the full package , and i purchased the extra questions from the GMAC
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 09:54
Concentration can be increased by using pen and paper. Once you are doing any question, please use pen and paper to solve or to even jot down points in case of RC / CR.

Sent from my SM-G610F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 12:57
Hi khaledyosry,

In a prior post, you stated that your Score Goal was 700+, but you have not provided any information about how 'close' you might be to that Goal right now. Thus, we should start by discussing your practice CATs and go from there:

1) Have you taken any FULL-LENGTH CATSs yet? How have you scored on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

GMAT Club Bot
Re: I can't get any better in GMAT .. Please HELP &nbs [#permalink] 03 Aug 2018, 12:57

I can't get any better in GMAT .. Please HELP

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap