Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 01-27-2014
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32883 [1]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32883 [0]
Send PM
Re: I need some help with my essay [#permalink]
did you see this one ??

best-resources-to-tackle-each-section-of-the-toefl-ibt-144802.html

this book is a good resource for your purpose

https://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1438070 ... eader-link

yes, of course
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question: Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible. Other young adults prefer to live with their families for a longer time. Which of these situations do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

Words: 379

Respons

Deciding how to live is a complex question for young adults. A young adult may opt to live independent from his/her parents or to live together with his/her family. I believe that living independent from your parents is a better choice than living with your family for a longer period. I base this opinion on two reasons, namely: (1) overall independence and (2) social life.

To begin with, living independent from your parents will increase overall independence. When young adults have the opportunity to live on their own they have to make decisions on their own, such as how much money to spend on groceries. This is a perfect way to learn how to deal with money. For example, I started living on my own when I was eighteen years old and I also had to deal with budgeting money. I wanted to stay healthy so I regularly bought healthy food. However, healthy products were more expensive so I once spent too much money, which resulted in a situation in which I could not buy other things anymore. With this example I would like to clarify how hard it is to learn how to deal with money if you are living with your parents. Because when you live with your parents, they deal with the issue of spending money.

Furthermore, I believe that living independent from your parents will increase your social life. You will be able to build friendships and to organize parties. Because when you live independent you could create your own schedule and you are free to do whatever you want and you can, for instance, invite friends without asking for permission. When I started living on my own I was able to create my own schedule, with regard to when to go to sleep, when to eat dinner and what friends to invite. I learned to create a perfect schedule and I was able to balance my social life as well as my professional life.

To conclude, in my opinion living independent from your parents is much more profitable and is a better choice for young adults. It will benefit their overall independence, they will learn how to deal with money, as well as their social life, they are able to create their own schedule.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
carcass wrote:
did you see this one ??

best-resources-to-tackle-each-section-of-the-toefl-ibt-144802.html

this book is a good resource for your purpose

https://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1438070 ... eader-link

yes, of course

Thanks again!

I did see the "best-recources" page, very appropriate in my opinion!

The second book is not necessary. I have my exam this saturday! But I appreciate your help!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Question: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends

Respons:

Words: 366

Friends, everyone has some. The question is whether it is more important to keep your old friends or to make new friends. I believe it is more important to keep your old friends, because of historical and social reasons.

To begin with, keeping your old friends is more important than making new friends. With old friends you have shared several memorable events. For instance, I have two old friends. We became friends in high school and shared moments of happiness and sadness, such as graduation and the death of beloved family members. Because of the fact that we shared these moments we know each other thoroughly and therefore we know how to deal with each other when certain things happen or if we feel sad. New friends do not know about the existence of certain past events and it is, in some cases, such as the death of beloved family members, not pleasant to share these events and to build a new friendship right from the start.

Furthermore, making new friends can be very time-consuming because you have to invest time to build up a new friendship. I believe, that it is somewhat harder to make new friends when you are older because of two reasons. Firstly, old friendships are, normaly established, during childhood. In this fase children have plenty of time to play and to create valuable and precious friendships, whereas older people have less time, because they have jobs. Secondly, because of their busy lives and schedules older people do not frequently meet new people. Older people have fixed live patterns while young people meet new people when they go to college, when they practice sports etc.

To conclude, I believe that it is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends. I have two reasons to support my opinion. First, with old friends you have shared precious moments while with new friends you need to start from scratch. Second, for older people, because of their busy schedules, it is very time-consuming to meet new people and often older people do not regularly meet new people because of fixed live patterns. Hence, it is important to keep your old friendships.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32883 [0]
Send PM
A bit better than the previous one :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4387 posts