Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 04:32 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 04:32
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
GRE 1: Q166 V153
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 595 [1]
Given Kudos: 175
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GRE 1: Q166 V153
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: INSEAD and Singapore visa [#permalink]
I actually have the same questions in mind. Considering applying for Insead. If we can work in Singapore, that would be a huge plus.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
My personal perception is that it fluctuates from year to year and that it's something related to government policy. 2023 so far has also been generally tough, with very few companies sponsoring.

Disclaimer: I'm not interested in working in SG, so I never looked for more detailed information
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 685 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
INSEAD and Singapore visa [#permalink]
Kudos
MBAcandidate1005 wrote:
I couldn't find any reliable info from alumni of INSEAD who decided to work in Singapore (internationals without visa previously). I am interested to know how difficult/realistic it is and how employers such as MBB consider INSEAD international grads for positions in Singapore? What is the track record regarding the same?

Any alumni/experienced person may give insights into this please. Thank you!

MBAcandidate1005

I concur that it's close to impossible to get sponsored by MBB in Singapore right out of the MBA. Relatively easier for someone in MBB India to move internally to Singapore. This fact is made clear at the time of selecting offices for the interview process (can select up to 3). However, there are decent avenues to recruit for other offices, albeit competitive (including India and the middle east or the UK/EU). Some who did not get into Singapore offices but wanted to work in SE Asia moved to Jakarta office before moving on from management consulting.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
After talking to some alumni I found out that there is no post graduation visa from INSEAD MBA for Singapore even if you spend the entire time at the Singapore Campus. NUS masters programs does offer the 1 year visa but in any case, sponsorship by the company is required to work full time. The 1 year visa does not allow for working but only finding work. From what I heard nearly every batch of INSEAD, the Singapore PR holders and residents who joined INSEAD are the ones who get the roles in singapore, rarely any internationals so not a good bet to depend on that if your heart is set to work in SG.
I also agree with the post above regarding the policy impact changing year to year, but given that 2023 is tough economically speaking even for SG, and preference for locals for all jobs over internationals (policy), it is not realistic to put your eggs in the SG job basket. It may be different in future but who knows.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3747 posts