Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Schools:Cornell University - The Johnson School
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Concentration: MC
Schools:-=! LBS (int) !=- HEC (admitted) INSEAD (int)
 Q47  V34
GPA: 4.7
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sep 2010 Intake [#permalink]
sharshar84 wrote:
Thanks for the tips guys! So it should be something like artuurss's avatar :)

I did upload the photo like the one from my avatar.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD, LBS, MIT Sloan
 Q44  V41
Send PM
nevzorov wrote:
Got my interview invite today!

I'm not able to post the website of my interview sessions here. For those who are interested in my INSEAD admission interviews, do a google search on"chinoforever INSEAD". It should be the top page.
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD, LBS
 Q48  V45
Send PM
I uploaded a small passport sized photo of me, shoulders up wearing a tie

to Artuurss, I am indeed, though I lived most of my life in the EU. my profile in short is 3years work xp, from one of the less common industries, very international, studied and lived in 4 countries, university and professional experience from the UK.
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
Send PM
Hi folks, new here.

I have my R2 interviews set up for this week. Anyone from R2 who has had their interviews already? Just curious, those who are admitted from R1, how soon after your interviews did you hear back from them?

Thnx,
L.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Oxford
 Q44  V49
Send PM
ellesualum wrote:
Hi folks, new here.

I have my R2 interviews set up for this week. Anyone from R2 who has had their interviews already? Just curious, those who are admitted from R1, how soon after your interviews did you hear back from them?

Thnx,
L.

i had to wait the whole time until pretty much the end. like 1 or 2 days before the final decision date.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
I heard the day of the decision announcements - so they took their sweet time. Just relax - things are out of your control post interviews.

DrSatisfaction wrote:
ellesualum wrote:
Hi folks, new here.

Thnx,
L.

i had to wait the whole time until pretty much the end. like 1 or 2 days before the final decision date.
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback. Will sit tight until then.

Cheers,
L.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

I read on various forums that sometimes the INSEAD interviewer gives feedback after the interview, and say something like "I'll positively recommend you". I just had my first interview and the interviewer didn't give me any feedback at all. I know not everyone gives feedback at the end but still I wonder if it's a bad sign - he challenged my answers a lot and kept probing. He seemed to be a very experienced interviewer and hid his thoughts well. I couldn't tell from his mannerism what he thought of me at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:INSEAD (Attending Aug 2010), Oxford (Admitted), Cambridge (Admitted)
 Q46  V41
Send PM
Hi Treemonkey,

I won't worry about it too much. You can never guess the reaction. I didn't get feedback from interviewers at all and it all worked out just fine with an admit. And probing is expected as they want to understand more on your motivation. Don't read too much into it and just make sure you're prepared for the next one now.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the info Salisaaa. I guess the interview processes can be a bit random sometimes. After all I still have a second chance. Better get stuck into it now. congrats on your admission by the way =)
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V41
Send PM
Hi all - any of the R1 admits going for the Open Day in May? I'm going to the Singapore event hopefully - that will be my starting campus. It would be nice to see some future classmates then :) PM me if preferred :)

Good luck all R2 waiting for results. Fingers crossed for you all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2410 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Congratulations to all R1 Admits and Best of Luck to all R2 hopefuls..

Could you all put some light on the 'financing your MBA' part of the process, my ques to all:

1. What is the tuition fees for July/Sep 2010 intake? (last seen on the site is Euro 52,000, any changes from this?)
2. Personal living exps based on campus chosen (fonty/Sgp)? heard that in Sgp renting an accomodation close to the campus is quite expensive..
3. How many scholarships can you apply for? and how many can you actually avail?
4. Do you guys think getting a loan of around Euro 45,000 - 50,000 will be possible for me in Sgp, given that I work for a non-profit and fall into a lower income group?
5. Anybody here who has applied for their loans to Prodigy, have heard that the founders are ex-INSEADers, their loan application process is not cumbersome and is a preferred financing institution for INSEAD students? any other institution similar to Prodigy that can be approached?

Am sure R1s are currently busy arranging for their finances and R2s are researching various options available, so having answers to these questions should help out a lot of us. Will be happy to see even others contribute or add to this small list of financing options related queries.

Look forward to the replies..

-Abhi
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Is it me or INSEAD does not ask for a resume apart from the work-related fields in the pdf application?

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V41
Send PM
abhi758 wrote:
Congratulations to all R1 Admits and Best of Luck to all R2 hopefuls..

Could you all put some light on the 'financing your MBA' part of the process, my ques to all:

1. What is the tuition fees for July/Sep 2010 intake? (last seen on the site is Euro 52,000, any changes from this?)
2. Personal living exps based on campus chosen (fonty/Sgp)? heard that in Sgp renting an accomodation close to the campus is quite expensive..
3. How many scholarships can you apply for? and how many can you actually avail?
4. Do you guys think getting a loan of around Euro 45,000 - 50,000 will be possible for me in Sgp, given that I work for a non-profit and fall into a lower income group?
5. Anybody here who has applied for their loans to Prodigy, have heard that the founders are ex-INSEADers, their loan application process is not cumbersome and is a preferred financing institution for INSEAD students? any other institution similar to Prodigy that can be approached?

Am sure R1s are currently busy arranging for their finances and R2s are researching various options available, so having answers to these questions should help out a lot of us. Will be happy to see even others contribute or add to this small list of financing options related queries.

Look forward to the replies..

-Abhi

The below information may be useful to all of you to answer the first two questions. As for scholarship - you can apply up to 5. There are many available at INSEAD but it really depends on if you fit the criteria. I'm afraid I cannot help with q.4 & 5 though - you might want to try emailing INSEAD team and ask.

What you can expect to spend:
EDUCATION

Course fees and supporting services (compulsory) € 52,000
Other academic expenditures (books supplies, etc.) € 800
Pre-MBA Module (optional) € 1,500
Third language course per period(if applicable) € 495
Student Council (compulsory) € 100 (S$200)
Full supplementary course (if applicable) € 2,400
Mini supplementary course (if applicable) € 1,200
Campus fees for an extra period (if applicable) € 2,200

LIVING EXPENSES

Depending on your personal standard of living and/or financial means, living expenses at INSEAD can vary enormously.

In Singapore

Feedback from last year shows that the average single participant can expect to incur the following basic expenses (all approximations) for the entire 10 months in Singapore. Allow an increase of 25% for a partner.

Accommodation (includes utilities, charges, insurance) € 5,500
Meals € 4,000
Daily transport* € 500-1,500
Telephone € 750
Miscellaneous (excludes leisure) € 1,500
Hardware, software (optional) € 1,000
Travel for exchange and job search (optional) € 1,500

*Most MBA participants walk; take a bus or a taxi.

In Fontainebleau

Feedback from last year shows that the average single participant can expect to incur the following basic expenses (all approximations) for the entire 10 months in Fontainebleau. Allow an increase of 25% for a partner.

Accommodation (includes utilities, charges, insurance) € 7,000
Meals € 4,500
Daily transport** € 1,800-6,000
Telephone € 750
Miscellaneous (excludes leisure) € 1,500
Hardware, software (optional) € 1,000
Travel for exchange and job search (optional) € 1,500

** Options include buying a second-hand car, leasing one for a year (approx. € 4,500) or getting about by bicycle or bus etc.
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V41
Send PM
42 wrote:
Is it me or INSEAD does not ask for a resume apart from the work-related fields in the pdf application?

Thanks !

Nope - no additional resume needed for the INSEAD. The only additional piece of info they will ask you to send to them directly is just the GMAT score and your original transcripts.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thanks Salisaaa
I am in for R3 then...
Hope all the seats are not taken!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Hey everyone, another INSEAD hopeful here. Was hoping to get some clarifcation re: GMAT. Insead website states:

The following documents must be received via post by the Admissions Office in France (see address below) before or on the day of the deadline.

and then it goes on to say:

GMAT score. Please arrange to have Pearson Vue submit your test scores directly to INSEAD, code DL3-S8-89.

so which one is it? submit via mba.com or via post? and if I submit via mba.com, do I still send it in with my other docs (i.e. transcripts)?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11