Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:37 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33017 [0]
Given Kudos: 5781
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8835 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Re: July 20 | Chat session with ARINGO MBA Admissions consulting [#permalink]
Expert Reply
This chat session will last for 45 minute and will end at 10:15 am Pacific
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anyone applying in Round 1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 275
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Hello Jennifer!

Hey Jennifer! So I am planning to apply to ISB primarily and also considering NUS.

Hello Jennifer!

Originally posted by Shivamjulka on 20 Jul 2022, 09:40.
Last edited by Shivamjulka on 20 Jul 2022, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shivamjulka wrote:
Hey Jennifer! So I am planning to apply to ISB primarily and also considering NUS.
Awesome!
Any questions about the application or the process?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 393
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Hello Jennifer! I wanna ask, is international exposure key factor for admission? I’ve had more than 3 years of working exp, now I’m in manager role but I’ve only worked for local companies.

They’re not big corp with enough reputation for adcom to recognize when they review my CV so although I’m quite confident in my working experience, it still somehow annoys me

Originally posted by angelscry97 on 20 Jul 2022, 09:42.
Last edited by angelscry97 on 20 Jul 2022, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Profile is detailed below:
Send PM
Expert Reply
angelscry97 wrote:
Hello Jennifer! I wanna ask, is international exposure key factor for admission? I’ve had more than 3 years of working exp, now I’m in manager role but I’ve only worked for local companies.
For most schools, its not a big deal, try to flex any international interactions you may have. The schools where international experience is more important is INSEAD and LBS.

angelscry97 wrote:
They’re not big corp with enough reputation for adcom to recognize when they review my CV so although I’m quite confident in my working experience, it still somehow annoys me
The school is going to be more interested in what you have accomplished at the company and how that work aligns with your short and long term goals.

Originally posted by ARINGO on 20 Jul 2022, 09:45.
Last edited by ARINGO on 20 Jul 2022, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Jenifer, thanks so much for doing this. I looked at aringo site and was really impressed. your service is really expensive, is it worth it? debating if to write everything alone or take on your service
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you Jenn. And one more question, have you seen many candidates who worked in e-commerce field? Well, i’m working on e-commerce rn and my short and long term goal are how to combine business and technology well together, making them support each other in my career path. I’ve done some researches but hardly seen candidates or schools focus on e-commerce 🥲
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmat Score: 680, Q48 V 35 Age-28, Graduation: Mechanical Engineering from an average college. Work Experience: Will be completing 5 years of work ex as on August 2022. Working for a leading Public Sector bank in India in the designation of manager. Currently overseeing Recovery Actions in NPA Accounts along with a team of 17 handling a portfolio with a gross value of Rs.600Cr. Previously, have managed and worked with a team of 6 to provide banking services to a client base of approx 30,000 customers while managing a total business of approx Rs. 110Cr. As far as extra curricular goes, tons of distinctions on school level and participation in various clubs at college level. Should I go for the GMAT again or should I go forward with the application process? Any additional pointers? Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hello Jennifer! Thanks for doing this quick session. Do promotions matter a lot? The thing is due to the pandemic, there has been a substantial delay in my promotions. The designation I was supposed to receive in early 2020, I’ve received recently last month, making the gap almost 4 years. What would be the best way to address this concern? I did take up responsibilities which were impactful. However, the gap in the promotion kinda bothers me. What’s your take on this and any advice from your end? Thanks Jennifer!
Send PM
Expert Reply
sierra1 wrote:
Hi Jenifer, thanks so much for doing this. I looked at aringo site and was really impressed. your service is really expensive, is it worth it? debating if to write everything alone or take on your service
Thanks sierra1, glad you are impressed! A lot of candidates have this same question - we are a comprehensive service and will guide you not only on application strategy but also through the writing process and story development. Everything is 100% you, we are just the experts helping you tell your story and tailor it to each program.
Applying for MBA programs is like sports - even with raw talent, you still need a team and a coach to help you reach the goal. - Happy to chat offline - here is my calendar link https://calendly.com/jenifert-aringo/gmatclub - and we also give GMAT Club members a 15% discount

angelscry97 wrote:
Thank you Jenn. And one more question, have you seen many candidates who worked in e-commerce field? Well, i’m working on e-commerce rn and my short and long term goal are how to combine business and technology well together, making them support each other in my career path. I’ve done some researches but hardly seen candidates or schools focus on e-commerce 🥲
e-commerce can fall under more generic terms of product management or even FinTech - one of our consultants is an HBS alum that is a senior manager at Wayfair... he can help you share your story and goals!

Shivamjulka wrote:
Gmat Score: 680, Q48 V 35 Age-28, Graduation: Mechanical Engineering from an average college. Work Experience: Will be completing 5 years of work ex as on August 2022. Working for a leading Public Sector bank in India in the designation of manager. Currently overseeing Recovery Actions in NPA Accounts along with a team of 17 handling a portfolio with a gross value of Rs.600Cr. Previously, have managed and worked with a team of 6 to provide banking services to a client base of approx 30,000 customers while managing a total business of approx Rs. 110Cr. As far as extra curricular goes, tons of distinctions on school level and participation in various clubs at college level. Should I go for the GMAT again or should I go forward with the application process? Any additional pointers? Thanks in advance!
Impressive work experience! if you think you can move above 700 in your next attempt, go for it. If not, start the application. They will be impressed with your career progression and leadership!

Originally posted by ARINGO on 20 Jul 2022, 09:54.
Last edited by ARINGO on 20 Jul 2022, 09:58, edited 2 times in total.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question by a member ........ Hello! I am 25 year old woman. I have a three year Business undergraduate degree from a Top 5 college in India. GPA: 3.67 (Top 5% of my class). Target (Realistic) GMAT: 730, 2 years work experience at a technology startup as a business analyst (In India), followed by a 6 month assignment as a television anchor at a leading television channel in the US, followed by 2 years of work experience as a Senior Business Analyst in Healthcare Consulting with one of the top 3 health insurance firms in the US. Significant extracurricular and leadership experience: Program Leader at the United Nations Association of United States, lead treks and camps as a lead instructor at a travel company (3 months per year) for 6 years, national level athlete, several leadership initiatives in undergrad. Post MBA goals: Strategy/Corporate Communications in the Healthcare industry, and eventually get into startup investing. Target Schools: Top 10 in US. Can you please provide your thoughts? Thank you!
Current Student
Send PM
Thank Jenn. Tbh my biggest worry is that I have a low undergraduate GPA (3.02) only, I took gmat exam and got 680. My no1 target school is Foster. Do you think if I retake the gmat and get 700+ plus the fact that I know third language (chinese) and master in quantitative/tech tool (SQL, python, ect) could compensate for my low GPA?
Send PM
Expert Reply
vinnyray wrote:
Hello Jennifer! Thanks for doing this quick session. Do promotions matter a lot? The thing is due to the pandemic, there has been a substantial delay in my promotions. The designation I was supposed to receive in early 2020, I’ve received recently last month, making the gap almost 4 years. What would be the best way to address this concern? I did take up responsibilities which were impactful. However, the gap in the promotion kinda bothers me. What’s your take on this and any advice from your end? Thanks Jennifer!
Great question - promotions are one way that adcoms can see career progression. Utilize your bullet points to illustrate increased responsibilities. If you still feel like it is lacking, you can write a 2-4 sentence para in the optional essay to say that due to pandemic, promotions were/are on hold for your company and while you haven’t seen a title change, you have increased responsibilities and such.

Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question by a member ........ Hello! I am 25 year old woman. I have a three year Business undergraduate degree from a Top 5 college in India. GPA: 3.67 (Top 5% of my class). Target (Realistic) GMAT: 730, 2 years work experience at a technology startup as a business analyst (In India), followed by a 6 month assignment as a television anchor at a leading television channel in the US, followed by 2 years of work experience as a Senior Business Analyst in Healthcare Consulting with one of the top 3 health insurance firms in the US. Significant extracurricular and leadership experience: Program Leader at the United Nations Association of United States, lead treks and camps as a lead instructor at a travel company (3 months per year) for 6 years, national level athlete, several leadership initiatives in undergrad. Post MBA goals: Strategy/Corporate Communications in the Healthcare industry, and eventually get into startup investing. Target Schools: Top 10 in US. Can you please provide your thoughts? Thank you!
WOW! Very impressive profile. With a 730 can be competitive for T10! Its a very dynamic profile touching several different sectors. Find a thread to bring it all together and make sense with your short and long term goals.

angelscry97 wrote:
Thank Jenn. Tbh my biggest worry is that I have a low undergraduate GPA (3.02) only, I took gmat exam and got 680. My no1 target school is Foster. Do you think if I retake the gmat and get 700+ plus the fact that I know third language (chinese) and master in quantitative/tech tool (SQL, python, ect) could compensate for my low GPA?
This is tough - Foster does offer a waiver, but you need strong GPA. So coming from Viet Nam, you could have a good shot. My advice is to reach out to the adcom and current students, build rapport. Submit a stellar application that illustrates your work experience and growth, then make sure your goals fit their curriculum and employment report.

Originally posted by ARINGO on 20 Jul 2022, 10:01.
Last edited by ARINGO on 20 Jul 2022, 10:10, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you Jennifer. It’s really helpful advice👍

Hi Jenn. people always have priority list of schools. I’ve read some advices saying that candidates should prepared for their top priority first. Others say save the best for last, keep your no1 target school to last. What do you think?

Originally posted by angelscry97 on 20 Jul 2022, 10:11.
Last edited by angelscry97 on 20 Jul 2022, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are closing this chat session. Thank you ARINGO for your time and inputs. We greatly appreciate it.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2