Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 21:51 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 21:51
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1322 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22397 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Re: Last Month Study Plan [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Yzreel,

I know I have already responded to these questions elsewhere, but feel free to reach out to us on live chat, and we can talk about your plan moving forward.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11708 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Yzreel,

We last discussed your studies approximately 2 weeks ago. Have you taken any new CATs/mocks since then? If you did, then how did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)? I ask because before you invest in any additional study materials, we should analyze your more recent results in more detail - since at this point, your specific 'needs' likely fall into just a handful of categories.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Yzreel.

The first thing that comes to mind regarding your plan is to say that, when you have the time off from work, you may find that you have limits to how many hours per day you can prepare. So, just be careful regarding your expectations regarding how those two weeks will go.

Regarding your plan overall, it sounds reasonable, and I have some suggestions.

One is that, since you want strengthen your foundations, be sure to do much of your quant and verbal practice untimed. When you practice untimed, you give yourself time to learn to go through the motions that lead to success. For more on how to practice for best results, see this post.

The Best GMAT Practice Methods

Another is to shoot for high accuracy when practicing. All too often, GMAT aspirants think they're on their way to their score goals when they're achieving 70 to 80 percent practice accuracy on average. 70 to 80 percent average accuracy isn't high enough. It's OK for hard questions, but not for easy or medium question. For easy questions, shoot for close to 100 percent accuracy, and for medium 80 percent is the minimum, but in verbal, you're better off shooting for 90 percent accuracy in medium if you want to achieve a V38+ score. If you need to spend 10 minutes or more on a question sometimes to achieve that accuracy, go ahead. High accuracy is paramount.

Regarding practice tests, your plan for those makes sense, but take some official ones too so that you develop an accurate sense of the GMAT.

Finally, if you have any issues or aren't getting the results you want in practice questions and practice tests, be sure to reach out to the TTP team so that we can help you get on track to your score goal.

Hi Marty! Thank you so much for the kind reply! You're right, I was exaggerating about "24 hours study", and definitely intend not to burn myself out so close to the exam.

Thank you about the tips regarding accuracy. I will surely try to do more. Some problem is that I ran out of Official Guide problem to solve, do you have another material that might be on par as Official Guide? Although I used the 2016 Official Guide, so perhaps I can buy the 2021/2022 version to get fresh new questions?

I did take the official tests, actually, and moved from 640 -> 650 -> 700, and so I'm saving the rest of my official tests until a bit later

Thanks again :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Yzreel,

We last discussed your studies approximately 2 weeks ago. Have you taken any new CATs/mocks since then? If you did, then how did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)? I ask because before you invest in any additional study materials, we should analyze your more recent results in more detail - since at this point, your specific 'needs' likely fall into just a handful of categories.

Rich

Hi Rich! Yes, we did, and I had since had to reschedule to December due to work issues (which I guess is a blessing in disguise so I may study more). Yes, I have, and unfortunately I scored lower this time, perhaps due to work had been stressing me up lately, though I notice that I've gotten better in most of the parts, and have so much upside in the Verbal questions esp CR and RC.

Though I'm still struggling to see where I'm wrong in those areas, so I'm trying to see if I should try another approach. So far, despite knowing the theories from GMAT Ninja, I have always felt that using those end up muddling my mind and I couldn't finish reading the passage as effectively, but maybe that was just my own limitation. I'll try using the GMAT Ninja approach (along with TTP material) and hope I can do better for the next test.

Thank you!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11708 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Yzreel,

Pushing back your Test Date is a reasonable choice - and that extra study time could potentially help you a great deal. When is your Official Test Date now? I've also sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

Rich

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1322 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
and so I'm saving the rest of my official tests until a bit later

In your study plan, leaving a couple of days between any two Official Mocks may be helpful - so that you are completely recovered from the previous 3-hour Mock. Try to simulate exam conditions as close as possible. No pausing during the questions, for example.
GMAT Club Bot