Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Oxford'11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: LBS 2010 Waitlist Thread [#permalink]
partlycloudy wrote:
but that is not the same situation for us, as we have not been dinged. Some on the waitlist will get offers without re-submitting anything.

Also, i don't understand your info. Why are you still waiting for LBS if you are "matriculating" at Oxford.

Ack.
That's a hard decision actually.

Got an offer for another as well, but LBS has always been, and still will be, first choice. The practicalities would be hard and deadly, but it is something I am still hoping and praying for.
I'm torn between two lovers. :oops:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
partlycloudy wrote:
i'm also still on the waitlist.

does anyone know when the offers for the next year's class come out, or will this be another few months of waiting? Some posts here imply people think it will be by August 23, but it isn't specified in the letter. It's very difficult to make plans in the meantime.

looking at the last years admission chat (mba2011) in bw the guys who were in the same position as us, only received a invitation to join the next years program (mba2012) by sep 25, some even got ding at this time (after being for 1 year on the wl)....

interesting enough...it doesn't seem that any of these guys received an offer throughout august to join the mba2011....what would be very frustrating for us.....

have a look at the link:
https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=78560
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
Ack.

Got an offer for another as well, but LBS has always been, and still will be, first choice. The practicalities would be hard and deadly, but it is something I am still hoping and praying for.

i meant @a11c99. but you too? {or you have 2 usernames?)

it seems you/either of you won't get an LBS response before oxford starts. if you would switch regardless, doesn't that mean you're preventing someone from getting in at oxford?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
partlycloudy wrote:
vodkacran wrote:
Ack.

it seems you/either of you won't get an LBS response before oxford starts. if you would switch regardless, doesn't that mean you're preventing someone from getting in at oxford?

oops sorry. i don't speak obo a11c99.
;)

i think i just used your last post. but yea, i guess i am in the same situation as him/her.

it's august now. and time is ticking.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
are u aware uf any guys who were admitted from the wl?
cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I'm also a very lucky shortlisted waitlist member!!! :(

And wanted to know if you guys thought it was relevant to do any specific move, maybe have recommendation letters sent in this late stage of the process in order to have a happy ending to this waitlist nightmare??

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!!!

++++++++++++
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi wiwi48! Welcome to the club...

JV, I haven't heard of anyone admitted off the waitlist.

Wiwi 48, in my case I haven't sent any additional material since I was put on waitlist, and in my humble opinion is too late in the process to add something new and relevant. I am planning to send something if my app is considered for MBA2013.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
partlycloudy wrote:
vodkacran wrote:
Ack.

hey vodkacran
what is your opinion on insead vs lbs? which one do you prefer and why?
cheers

oops sorry. i don't speak obo a11c99.
;)

i think i just used your last post. but yea, i guess i am in the same situation as him/her.

it's august now. and time is ticking.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wiwi48 wrote:
Hello everyone,

And wanted to know if you guys thought it was relevant to do any specific move, maybe have recommendation letters sent in this late stage of the process in order to have a happy ending to this waitlist nightmare??

++++++++++++

I haven't sent in a thing either since getting on the waitlist, but everything i've heard indicates that since they specifically ask you not too (unless there was a major change), you shouldn't. It sounds like they may request an update, but not til after the programme starts, so i suggest you wait and see.

I don't think anyone will be getting a spot starting this year. That's the problem when a school gets rated number 1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
partlycloudy wrote:
wiwi48 wrote:
Hello everyone,

++++++++++++

I haven't sent in a thing either since getting on the waitlist, but everything i've heard indicates that since they specifically ask you not too (unless there was a major change), you shouldn't. It sounds like they may request an update, but not til after the programme starts, so i suggest you wait and see.

I don't think anyone will be getting a spot starting this year. That's the problem when a school gets rated number 1.

i agree. it's too late to send some new material now which might help you to be considered (unless you have scored a gmat of 800).....
it will be tough to get a spot for the this year's intake.....1-2 spots might become available.....
it seems at quite a few top b-schools that there were not too many people taking off the wl......

i ask myself when they do send out the next update?????
i assume that in your latest wl update of the adcom there was no date mentioned when they will come back to us.....so all is quite nebulous at this point of time......... :?
cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JointVenture wrote:
partlycloudy wrote:
wiwi48 wrote:
Hello everyone,

++++++++++++

i agree. it's too late to send some new material now which might help you to be considered (unless you have scored a gmat of 800).....
it will be tough to get a spot for the this year's intake.....1-2 spots might become available.....
it seems at quite a few top b-schools that there were not too many people taking off the wl......

i ask myself when they do send out the next update?????
i assume that in your latest wl update of the adcom there was no date mentioned when they will come back to us.....so all is quite nebulous at this point of time......... :?
cheers

Since they didn't put a review date in my last update either, I'm assuming that if it is a "yes", I will hear from the school any given day, but if there's a "no" or a "still on WL for MBA2013", then I will hear from them until August 23.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JointVenture wrote:
partlycloudy wrote:
i'm also still on the waitlist.

does anyone know when the offers for the next year's class come out, or will this be another few months of waiting? Some posts here imply people think it will be by August 23, but it isn't specified in the letter. It's very difficult to make plans in the meantime.

looking at the last years admission chat (mba2011) in bw the guys who were in the same position as us, only received a invitation to join the next years program (mba2012) by sep 25, some even got ding at this time (after being for 1 year on the wl)....

interesting enough...it doesn't seem that any of these guys received an offer throughout august to join the mba2011....what would be very frustrating for us.....

have a look at the link:

JV, going on the info from the link you supplied above (i can't post links yet), last year those still on the WL received an email September 8 asking if they still wanted to be considered, with the result on September 25.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
did any of you communicate that you don't longer want to be considered for mba2012 but for mba2013?
cheers

let's keep this chat alive guys.....espescially as we don't hear anything from the adcom....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
any news guys....?
still hopeful?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
no
no
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Only 2 more days to finish this year's journey (orientation week begins in August 23rd).

The next question is: who will remain for special consideration in September?

I'm in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
did anybody receive some news?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11