Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all MIF Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: London Business School (LBS) - Class of 2002
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
London Business School to launch a new Masters in Financial Analysis [#permalink]
London Business School to launch a new Masters in Financial Analysis (MFA) degree programme. The MFA is a 12 month pre-experience programme that will equip participants for the first stages of a career in finance. London Business School will welcome the first cohort to campus in September 2016.

The School will now offer programmes at the early career stage in both finance and management, building on its location and reputation. Tomorrow the Financial Times will publish an exclusive interview about the programme.

We would love to work with talented applicants who are interested in applying to London Business School and other top business schools.

Christine Lin

Founder, Marvel Admissions

London Business School MBA 2002, President of Los Angeles Alumni Club

https://www.london.edu/education-and-dev ... YcN5thFBdg
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all MIF Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
applying in R1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS MIF '17
Send PM
I'll be applying for R3 (end of december), since I still need to have a go at the GMAT (expecting 720+)

Profile:
25M (will be early 26 when I enter the program) from Western Europe
MSc in Research Economics (equivalent to 2:1)
3 months internship at a BB in a BO role
Currently Big 4 audit (will have 2 years exp. when I enter the program)
CFA Level III Candidate (June 2016), passed Level 1 in December 2014, Level 2 in June 2015
Quadrilingual (and fluent in 3 of those languages)
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi asocialnot,

Is the length of MIF program 1 year or 2 years? School list on your profile shows LBS MiF'17 whereas thread title is Class of 2018.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
asocialnot wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Hi asocialnot,

Is the length of MIF program 1 year or 2 years? School list on your profile shows LBS MiF'17 whereas thread title is Class of 2018.

The MIF is a 10 month programme.

Great! Thanks. I've just changed the programme duration to 1 Year.

Thanks again and Good luck to all applicants!! If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this forum, please PM me.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Two questions to consider when applying to Business Schools [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Two questions to consider when applying to Business Schools
    Often people ask me how to stand out from the crowd. It’s a question that gets thrown about with huge demand for a specific answer. It’s a question that can apply to all walks of life and in many different scenarios. In truth there is no definitive answer. When put into context of […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
Be part of the next Masters in Finance class [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Be part of the next Masters in Finance class
Being a high achiever like yourself, you are always thinking of your next move…Want to enhance your skills-set in the competitive world of finance? Come and study a Masters in Finance at London Business School and we can equip you with the toolkit to succeed. How can it help me? If you have been working […]

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
We’re coming to a city near you, come and meet us! [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: We’re coming to a city near you, come and meet us!
        International Information Sessions: We’re coming to a city near you, come and meet us! Our international information sessions allow you to speak directly with admissions staff, alumni and students. You can hear about our first-class programmes, global community and international links, and how we can deliver an educational experience to transform your […]

Director
Director
Send PM
Do you want a chance to have a life-changing learning experience in 20 [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Do you want a chance to have a life-changing learning experience in 2016?
The online application for MBA2018 is now open. The first deadline is 25 September 2015. How to apply Apply Now David Simpson, Admissions Director, MBA & Masters in Finance said: Red Flags to avoid when writing your essays: Lack of research on London Business School - Passion for our school. We have quite a unique […]

Director
Director
Send PM
New MiF application essays and tips for a successful application [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: New MiF application essays and tips for a successful application
Hi everyone! I am Peter Johnson, the Senior Admissions Manager for the Masters in Finance (MiF). Alongside my colleagues Greg, Alex, Sophie and David in the MiF admissions team I am responsible for the applicant journey from the point you submit your application right up to the start of the MiF programme – both in its full-time and […]

Director
Director
Send PM
Welcoming the MBA2017 class [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Welcoming the MBA2017 class
The MBA2017 Programme is underway! The Programme Office and Recruitment & Admissions Team were excited to welcome the incoming class last week for the first day of Orientation at the historical venue Old Billingsgate Market overlooking the River Thames. London Business School’s Dean, Sir Andrew Likierman, kicked off the event with a speech in which […]

Director
Director
Send PM
The Icing on the Cake – Student Activities at London Business School [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: The Icing on the Cake – Student Activities at London Business School
There’s no doubt that you have seen the rankings, heard about the fantastic Faculty (both in terms of teaching and research), the wonderful location of the School and the opportunities it offers in terms of career progression. These are some of the key elements which factor in your decision in regards to which Business School […]

Director
Director
Send PM
Reasons to choose Sloan MSc in Leadership and Strategy [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Reasons to choose Sloan MSc in Leadership and Strategy
  The Sloan MSc is a full-time programme designed for senior executives who want to transition their career. Are you looking for an opportunity to…. - take the next step in your career, take on a new position or set-up your own company? -  transition from one industry sector to another or relocate to a new country? […]

Director
Director
Send PM
The application form for the Masters in Finance 2016 intake is now liv [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: The application form for the Masters in Finance 2016 intake is now live!
We are pleased to let you know that applications for the 2016 intake are now open. The wide diversity of students on the MiF Programme help us maintain our position as the FT’s number 1 ranked post-experience finance masters.  Our unique international community and our London location are key reasons why students from over 50 countries […]

Director
Director
Send PM
Annual Masters in Finance BBQ [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Annual Masters in Finance BBQ
In the MiF Admissions Team we love the first couple weeks of September – the last barbecues of the Summer, the last jugs of Pimms (the great British Summer drink) and afternoons spent soaking up the sun –  and there is no better way to celebrate than at our annual MiF barbecue on London Business […]

Director
Director
Send PM
What differentiates a good MBA candidate from a great MBA candidate? [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: What differentiates a good MBA candidate from a great MBA candidate?
My name is Stephanie Kernwein Thrane and I am the Senior Recruitment & Admissions Manager for the MBA programme at London Business School. When speaking to prospective candidates, I’m often asked the above question – it’s a tricky one to answer, but I would say that there are certain intangible characteristics that make a great […]

GMAT Club Bot
What differentiates a good MBA candidate from a great MBA candidate? [#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts