Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
Send PM
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9247 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Looking for a good question bank/book source to practice GMAT Quant [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi nikhilc11,

You have to be careful about assuming that working through lots of additional practice questions is what you'll need to score at a much higher level (re: confusing "quantity" of study for "quality" of study). Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on each)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: Looking for a good question bank/book source to practice GMAT Quant [#permalink]
Kudos
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi nikhilc11,

You have to be careful about assuming that working through lots of additional practice questions is what you'll need to score at a much higher level (re: confusing "quantity" of study for "quality" of study). Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on each)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for reaching out. Please find below the requested information

Studies
1) I have been studying since over 3 months
2) I started quant with MGMAT books(concept+practice questions) and then moved onto solving questions from the official GMAC material- Official guide + Quant review
3) I took a mock last week, the GMAT prep 1 and scored Q39 and V31

Goals

1) My aim is to get to a 700
2) I have 60 days before i take the real GMAT
3) Still working on the final list of colleges. Have zeroed down a few of them until now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V25
Send PM
Bookmarks
Do these:
GMAT Club Quant Qns + Manhattan Adv Quant Book - enough to get Q48+

Additionally you can solve Jeff Sackmann challenging qns sets if you get sometime.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
Send PM
Expert Reply
Do you have the GMATPrep 'question pack' already? If not, that's the next place I would recommend going.

https://www.mba.com/us/store/store-catal ... ack-1.aspx
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9247 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Expert Reply
I'll second that recommendation - the GMATPrep add-on question pack would be the perfect next step for someone at your scoring level, and with your prep background. Good luck!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nikhilc11,

Considering this one CAT score - and your score goal - you're going to have to be really efficient about this next phase of your studies. While you could conceivably improve a great deal in another 60 days, your plan seems centered around doing lots of additional practice questions - and that doesn't seem particularly specific in terms of getting you to your goal. To hit 700+, you're going to need to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections.

While you don't have to change your current plan just yet, I suggest that you study as you like for the next week, then take a new FULL-LENGTH CAT. That score will help to define the accuracy of that initial CAT score and how well you might be improving with your current approach.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi nikhilc11,

Considering this one CAT score - and your score goal - you're going to have to be really efficient about this next phase of your studies. While you could conceivably improve a great deal in another 60 days, your plan seems centered around doing lots of additional practice questions - and that doesn't seem particularly specific in terms of getting you to your goal. To hit 700+, you're going to need to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections.

While you don't have to change your current plan just yet, I suggest that you study as you like for the next week, then take a new FULL-LENGTH CAT. That score will help to define the accuracy of that initial CAT score and how well you might be improving with your current approach.

Rich

Sure, That sounds like a plan. I will get back to you with my mock test results next week
Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [1]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
gmatclub tests can also be accessed in the quiz form and they have a lot of good quality questions. Additionally, since you mentioned that you used Manhattan's Quant books, try their tests as well. Those tests helped me push my Q from 45 to 50.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
umg wrote:
gmatclub tests can also be accessed in the quiz form and they have a lot of good quality questions. Additionally, since you mentioned that you used Manhattan's Quant books, try their tests as well. Those tests helped me push my Q from 45 to 50.

Thanks umg, I have started taking gmat club quizzes based on a daily basis with a set containing 30 questions(3 topics). Can you tell how the (500/600/700) level questions align with the real gmat? Would it be a good idea to practice from all the categories or one can say skip the 500 level questions to save some time and cover maximum ground?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
nikhilc11 wrote:
umg wrote:

Thanks umg, I have started taking gmat club quizzes based on a daily basis with a set containing 30 questions(3 topics). Can you tell how the (500/600/700) level questions align with the real gmat? Would it be a good idea to practice from all the categories or one can say skip the 500 level questions to save some time and cover maximum ground?

Most of their 700 Level questions are definitely harder than those that appear in GMAT but then again, we should aim for the Stars to reach the Moon.

On a different note, while revising your answers, do not look at the solution right away. Spend 2 to 3 minutes on every question, irrespective of whether you got it right, and analyze it thoroughly. Think of the alternate and time efficient ways to solve them. Also think about what would you do if have to guess. The aim of this exercise is to discover everything that there is about a question. The number of concepts covered by GMAT is limited but the ways those concepts can be tested are a little less than unlimited :wink: So, the more questions you solve and analyze, the better you understand those ways.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
nikhilc11 wrote:
Hi,

I"m looking for a good source to practice GMAT quant from. I have exhausted all official content books(Official guide + Quantitative review) but still feel that i need more practice.Is there any good question bank/book source out there that contains a topic wise split up of questions?Any recommendations/inputs would be a great help. Thanks!

In my view, no source could beat GMAT CLUB CATs for Quant......
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
nikhilc11 wrote:
Hi,

I"m looking for a good source to practice GMAT quant from. I have exhausted all official content books(Official guide + Quantitative review) but still feel that i need more practice.Is there any good question bank/book source out there that contains a topic wise split up of questions?Any recommendations/inputs would be a great help. Thanks!

Hi Nikhil,

Read Gmat club maths book and take gmat club quant cats.
These are more than sufficient to raise your score to Q50/51.
I raised my quant score to Q50 using these tests only.
No one can beat gclub quant cats.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3
Send PM
I am writing this to get points so I can do tests
GMAT Club Bot