Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Luxembourg MBA is providing a 2 Year Work Permit 4 students [#permalink]
Hey Guys,

I have a plan to study MBA at Sacred Heart University next year. Could anyone guide me regarding college structure and job opportunity after course?

As I heard but not sure that they are not providing any campus selection process after course. I am concern about job opportunity. As France,Germany and Belgium also neighbouring countries , can I apply jobs there?

Seems to me, this one is very good opportunity but little bit confuse regarding post opportunity.

Thanks for your reply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think I have send you my email. We can arrange a skype session and you can shoot all your queries. If you read the blog properly, both the pages you should get a lot of your questions answered and if you still have some, we can discuss.

Saikat1239 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have a plan to study MBA at Sacred Heart University next year. Could anyone guide me regarding college structure and job opportunity after course?

As I heard but not sure that they are not providing any campus selection process after course. I am concern about job opportunity. As France,Germany and Belgium also neighbouring countries , can I apply jobs there?

Seems to me, this one is very good opportunity but little bit confuse regarding post opportunity.

Thanks for your reply.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.5
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Akkumon,

I just want to thank you for all this information you have provided about Luxembourg's MBA program.
However, I would like to ask you a question regarding financial aid for your program. How did you fund it?
As an American, I would like to take out Stafford or Sallie Mae loans but I am unsure if I could use those loans for Sacred University.
In addition, is there an average GPA that is accepted for this program? I plan on applying for the 2015 class because I am building my work experience up.
Thanks for answering.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Reiman,

I hope you read all the details in the forum. First thing regarding the fees. The mba program is ranked as one of the best in ROI . Your investment is just around 29000 Euros and during your studies, you will do a 9months-1 year internship. So your investment is very very low compared to other schools. I applied for a loan in my country for mba. I had to keep a collateral ( meaning pledging an asset for securing loan) and the bank gave me loan for this amount. Now the bank allocated the loan for a period of your mba. So the bank had to pay the school the total money in 2 installments. One half when I joined for the program and the second half after 1 year of mba. Bank directly transferred the fee amount to the mba school in 2 installments based on the timing i just mentioned. When the student loan is very high, it becomes difficult for a bank to sanction the loan.

Stafford or Sallie Mae loan, i don't have much idea, but I will read/enquire about it and see if I can help you.
You should take a student loan, it will be better. The advantages are - you will get less interest rates, more time to pay back the investment, smaller collateral. I went to the bank and asked their interest rates, their requirements for funding me and stuff. They asked me details of the school, the quality of the mba program and if it was accredited. Then my bank asked me for collateral (this depends on country to country- some countries ask for a guaranter - ie; if you don't pay the loan who else is capable enough to pay your loan). I kept the collateral and bank internally looked for my credit rating, and then issued the loan.

There is no average GPA, but if you feel that your GPA is too low, u need to compensate it with other elements. You should showcase your difference among other students. What makes you special, what are the qualities you have, your GMAT. Since Finance is what you want to get into, Luxembourg is the perfect place! I don't have any idea about your profile, so wuldn't be able to comment on it.

Personally, no one element that determines your success. Yes, GPA might have been low, but don't get worried. If you see a good %tage of successful people were not the best of students: their determination, the abillity to find what is good for them and their contacts/friends have made them wat they are...so best of luck and don't worry! Mass recruitment schools generally have average GPA, so that a lot of applicants will not apply. It doesn't mean that all the students below that are bad, it just means that the school lost the oppurtunity to find good talent.

If you want to talk to me, we can arrange a skype session. Also why you want to come into finance and why mba, have a clear idea on all these things.

Cheers.

Reiman12 wrote:
Akkumon,

I just want to thank you for all this information you have provided about Luxembourg's MBA program.
However, I would like to ask you a question regarding financial aid for your program. How did you fund it?
As an American, I would like to take out Stafford or Sallie Mae loans but I am unsure if I could use those loans for Sacred University.
In addition, is there an average GPA that is accepted for this program? I plan on applying for the 2015 class because I am building my work experience up.
Thanks for answering.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT Date: 10-31-2013
GPA: 3.29
WE:Design (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
hey buddy I got interested in SHU MBA with the description you have provided. I dont know if you can provide certain information on the blog so I wanted an online discussion with you regarding my "silly" questions. I realize you might be quite busy with your schedule. It would be very kind of you if you could chat with me on gmail or skype or provide me ur id regarding some doubts i have. I am an Indian Engineer(quite common) with 4 yrs of experience working for Samsung. Please let me know if you are able to make time..

gmail: vin.singh4u

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Akkuman,

The thread was real interesting and such informative. I have got admitted for mba in france which includes internship. I wish I had seen your post before I applied for France. I didn't even know till date about a country called Luxembourgh. But seems like a very good place to live based on my research on the country. Do you think would it be possible for someone like me to find internship in luxembourgh as part of my studies and extend that to a full time one. I would really appreciate if you could let me know the possibilities. Thanks mate.

Cheers...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi dude, Yes it is possible to find an internship, but I am not sure if in your student contract there is specific mention of internship permit in france. i know that some people have that issue. most of the people from France and Belgium come to work here because of the higher salary and perks. The best way for you would be to go through contacts or recruiting firms - Adecco, jobs.lu
Thanks,Arun.

thechapzone003 wrote:
Hi Akkuman,

The thread was real interesting and such informative. I have got admitted for mba in france which includes internship. I wish I had seen your post before I applied for France. I didn't even know till date about a country called Luxembourgh. But seems like a very good place to live based on my research on the country. Do you think would it be possible for someone like me to find internship in luxembourgh as part of my studies and extend that to a full time one. I would really appreciate if you could let me know the possibilities. Thanks mate.

Cheers...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I hope I have answered to all questions...The blog contains more than enough info.....still if something is present. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Arun.
Intern
Intern
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,
I am an Indian with 5 years experience(4 in India and yr & running in Europe) in manufacturing sector(metals).
Being from a manufacturing sector - 1) How does it boost my chances of getting selected for the MBA course.
2) How and what are my internship opportunities?
3) Job opportunities ? Of course it depends on my internship, electives so n so, I suppose?
As Luxembourg is mainly associated with financial sector, I am not sure on my prospects and will be grateful for your reply.

And thanks to you for enlightening on this course, as it gives me lot of motivation for me to consider doing MBA, as I am afraid of taking a fat loan for MBA and to work hard to repay the loan after.

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi akkumon,

Congrats for your job. Thank you so much for all your time in sharing this valuable information to us.

Could you let me know about other full time mba graduates in your batch? All are placed? What is range and average salary level? and how many of them are working in europe?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Akkumon wrote:
Dear All,

So I posted this 2 years back and I had graduated and managed to find a job in Belgium/Luxembourg. Salary is decent compared to the market and job profile is good. I hope to build on this and learning is a continuous process, so my current role demands so much learning. I came to the Risk PM side.

Cheers,
Arun.

Congrats for your job. Thank you so much for all your time in sharing this valuable information to us.

Could you let me know about other full time mba graduates in your batch? All are placed? What is range and average salary level? and how many of them are working in europe?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, anyone here who is looking forward for august 2015 admit?
Please revert asap
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am looking forward for admission

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SHU luxembourg is not aacsb accreditated, then why it mentioned in their web site . accreditation status for SHU is not showing in official web site of aacsb
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry that you couldn't find it in the AACSB website. Please search for Sacred Heart University and you will find it. The Luxembourg campus is affiliated to the US campus.

kharep wrote:
SHU luxembourg is not aacsb accreditated, then why it mentioned in their web site . accreditation status for SHU is not showing in official web site of aacsb
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: DeGroote (A)
Send PM
Hey Akkumon!

I’ve done my GMAT earlier this month and I just got today an email from someone called Arun Mohanan from Sacred Heart University.

I usually discard most universities MBA ads that GMAC usually sends to me, but I think that many international students, such as myself, are initially drawn to the Sacred Heart University precisely for what its offering,
16 month MBA program
9 month Internship
Possibility to receive 2 year work permit in Luxembourg
29.000 euro tuition

Practically for me an ideal MBA program. I think that the doubt that many of us have, is the university’s reputation. Personally is the first time I’ve heard about Sacred Heart, even though you already specifically said that the Luxembourg internship program it’s still very new, so I guess it’s perfectly fine for now because it’s just starting to build its reputation.

I think that’s why I still have doubts that it’s a turnoff for many of us I guess, because usually an MBA is a significant investment in time and money, and well my fear is that it’s not really going to pay off.

The thing is that searching through the web I haven’t seen any comments about this university program in any other thread or forum besides here. So far you pretty much have been very helpful but it will be nice to also to read comments from other students who have gone there in these last two years. Sadly there is nowhere to be found, and the Luxembourg campus have been there for at least a few years. So I was wondering, where are all the comments? Whether positive or negative.

Don’t get me wrong of course, I just think that it will be nice to hear someone else’s opinion about the school in general.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Dear D,

Lets try to skype sometime, please send me a personal msg with your skype address. I can address a couple of your concerns.

One thing I can guarantee you, the program is good and the stay-back options are also valid which leverages our risk to a great extend. Now to your question on reputation and recognition.

1. In order to get into such famous ranking systems/ accreditations (EQUIS) , SHU will have to spend so much money on the administration and marketing along with the organisations annual fees. Who will pay for this at the end of the day - students. The Fees of the school is quite less and the school has maintained its small size till now. So, if it has to spend the additional money, the students will end up paying higher fees for the same quality.

2. SHU is famous in Europe but not that well internationally. But it is respected among other schools for its ROI, professors, and Internships. Students are quite well paid during their internship.

3. The alumnus network is quite strong and students are very happy about the MBA program and since there are limited number of students every year, you are closer to the students within your batch and earlier batches. This you would never get in a big school and you will get lost among your own classmates.

4. Your investment will recover within 1 year after your graduation as salaries in Luxembourg are quite good. Almost 30-40% of the students are able to payback good percentage of their tuition fees even before completing the MBA.

5. Luxembourg campus has been there for more than 25+ years. I have met alumnus from 1994 batch also.

6. Also, please read all the comments I wrote. I have written negatives and positives. Its about 3 pages.

I wish there were more people who would willingly come to share their insights.

Thanks,
Arun.

durahamter wrote:
Hey Akkumon!

I’ve done my GMAT earlier this month and I just got today an email from someone called Arun Mohanan from Sacred Heart University.

I usually discard most universities MBA ads that GMAC usually sends to me, but I think that many international students, such as myself, are initially drawn to the Sacred Heart University precisely for what its offering,
16 month MBA program
9 month Internship
Possibility to receive 2 year work permit in Luxembourg
29.000 euro tuition

Practically for me an ideal MBA program. I think that the doubt that many of us have, is the university’s reputation. Personally is the first time I’ve heard about Sacred Heart, even though you already specifically said that the Luxembourg internship program it’s still very new, so I guess it’s perfectly fine for now because it’s just starting to build its reputation.

I think that’s why I still have doubts that it’s a turnoff for many of us I guess, because usually an MBA is a significant investment in time and money, and well my fear is that it’s not really going to pay off.

The thing is that searching through the web I haven’t seen any comments about this university program in any other thread or forum besides here. So far you pretty much have been very helpful but it will be nice to also to read comments from other students who have gone there in these last two years. Sadly there is nowhere to be found, and the Luxembourg campus have been there for at least a few years. So I was wondering, where are all the comments? Whether positive or negative.

Don’t get me wrong of course, I just think that it will be nice to hear someone else’s opinion about the school in general.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4