Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:56 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
sperumba wrote:
i recently bough the SC book. It gives access to 3 tests and 25 practice sc problems.

I was also wondering about the tests. It would be great if one of the GMAt gurus can enlighten us on this more.

Thanks,

Can you please explain in more detail what makes you wondering?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
allabout,

I was wondering how representative are the Mgmat tests.

how do they compare to Kaplan, PR, PP and GmatPrep.

Also how should I go about interpreting the scores from the test.

people say that Kaplans CATs are very tough and that the scores on the tests tend to be on the lower side.

I thought I would be useful to have such information about the Mgamt tests as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well,

I wrote to manhattangmat and asked them to how they generate their scores. I haven't received an answer yet.

The're two points that fetched my interest:

1. The score range to which they relate a question
2. the total score including percentages

2. How they create the percentile? Don't know, but I guess they simply use their data obtained from testtakers on their site.
But maybe they relate their "raw scores" to those of real gmat tests.

1. After I've taken the test I wondered that there were very few 700-800 questions in each of the sections. Most probably the online test isn't adaptive, but we should evaluate that. I had a score of 700 with 42 in math - there were just 5 "700-800 questions" (got them, but made six slips of the pen in others)- and 46 in verbal with 6 "700-800"er.

Sperumba what was your score in exam 1; how many "700-800 questions" have you received in quant and verbal and what were your scores respectively?

In my opinion the quant section is far less tricky than that of gmatprep ( the hard questions), but more difficult in respect of the tested concepts; you must use your math knowledge more flexible.
The questions are less difficult than those of the challenges at gmatclub.
I don't know Kaplan anymore, I've decided to sell the 800er because I didn't find worth it, so I can't compare them.

Verbal is less difficult than verbal of gmatprep; while manhattangmat SC's have some interesting aspects and are sometimes tricky they are quite different, create less pressure.
The RC's and CR's aren't difficult, as far as I can see. Well have just taken one test.

However one should only compare the real GMAT with those tests generated by others, not those of others among each other.

Sperumba, and others, please share your repective scores as well as the number of 700-800er questions you got on the manhattangmat-online exams.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
allabout ,

I have not yet taken the MGMAT test. will post my experience and scores as soon as i take them.

I was asking those questions because i was not sure if I should take the test or not. I have a loads of tests with me ..so was just being picky. I did not want to waste time on a test that is not representative.

Looks like form your experince, this might be a good test to take.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the feed back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sperumba wrote:
allabout ,

I have not yet taken the MGMAT test. will post my experience and scores as soon as i take them.

I was asking those questions because i was not sure if I should take the test or not. I have a loads of tests with me ..so was just being picky. I did not want to waste time on a test that is not representative.

Looks like form your experince, this might be a good test to take.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the feed back.

Since you've asked about the MGMAT practice exams, here's my experience.

I've taken 3 so far and they are reasonably close to the actual ETS practice exams. They are adapative and timed right down to the breaks (you only get 5 min between quant and verbal and test will start w/o you). I think the difficulty is about the same as the actual exam.

The only complaint I have is their quant questions (which are licensed from Cambridge Software) were WAY heavy on Geometry. I estimate MGMAT's tests give you 30 to 40% of geometry compared to actual GMAT exam %'s being far lower.

One benefit of MGMAT's exams is a decent explanation of answers though it's pretty clear Cambridge is probably a British company given some of the rare colloquial phrases used (X gets on well with Y vs X relates to Y). Nothing major.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]