Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Mock GMAT - 610 (Q49 V24) .. exam in 3 weeks!! [#permalink]
Firstly what is your target score ?

Secondly you mentioned that you got 18 questions wrong . Were these mistakes equally spread or were a majority of them in the first 15 questions ?

You said that you were losing concentration towards the end of the test . This could be a sign that you've not taken enough practice tests to build up your stamina . Try to do more practice tests . How many practice tests have you totally taken toll till now.?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i'm aiming for a 700+
my quant is fine i just need to improve on verbal.

this was only my 2nd test that i had given.

my errors in the verbal were ques # - 2,3 6,7,8 14 17 19 23 25 27 32,33,34 37 39,40,41

as you can see, i made 7 errors in the last 10 questions. i completely lost focus by the time i reached them
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.22
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
phoenixreborn wrote:
i'm aiming for a 700+
my quant is fine i just need to improve on verbal.

this was only my 2nd test that i had given.

my errors in the verbal were ques # - 2,3 6,7,8 14 17 19 23 25 27 32,33,34 37 39,40,41

as you can see, i made 7 errors in the last 10 questions. i completely lost focus by the time i reached them

Well there goes your answer. You have to improve your concentration. The GMAT is not only an intellectual examination but also a stamina test. You can just develop concentration through practice. Time your practices (especially on verbal, stick with timing rules). Also, walk us through your verbal experience: what are your verbal strategies? how do you handle lose of concentration?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i'm pretty comfortable with SC at the moment. i recently used Aristotle SC Grail and solved the 100 questions of the question bank. i've made an error log and took notes of mistakes that i made and the corrections. this way i can look over my mistakes easily. i've almost completed the OG as well.

my main trouble is with RC. i've read Manhattan RC and try to make notes while i read. it helps me comprehend the passage (but takes a little longer than i'm supposed to. about 45 sec. longer than normal to read a passage). but sometimes i'm unable to differentiate with answer options. they all look the same to me whenever there's an 'economic' or 'business' type of passage. i'm from an engg. background so i'm more comfortable with science related passages.

is there any other approach that i should follow for RC or just continue on practising and making notes while i read and create a 'headline' for each para (as a brief 1 line summary) ?

i actually panic when i lose concentration to be honest. i've only given 2 practise tests so far. i'll give a couple more soon and try to up my stamina.
GMAT Club Bot