Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: My journey from 570 to 700 [#permalink]
Kudos
Oh right! So you did't fly over for the weekly lessons then. Haha :) Even more reason for me to do it online too, i'm not American either.

Did the time difference prohibit your usage of the online 'live' classes?

Are you applying this year for R2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Kudos
Dear wormtongue,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have manhattan book (that my friend gave me) so I plan to buy the 6 Manhattan CATs to practice and also the gmatclubtest. I do read SC Manhattan and CR Powerscore. But my scores are low. Do you think I did somthing wrong? So, for this time, I will follow your step by working through the exercise in Aristotle RC99 and join the GMAT Sc Forum as you mentioned.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Upset about the verbal score - SC, CR and RC are going to be my friend
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
How did you prepare for RC? That is my weak area too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Rux10 wrote:
Thanks for the debrief! Nice breakdown. +1

I'm considering a Knewton online prep course. How did you find their teaching with regards to DS? It's a trouble area for me and i'd like to go with a prep company that can teach decent strategies.

Good luck with the apps!

The good thing about knewton is that they have a zillion problems :-). Since I was quite strong in that area, I did not go through the extra practice section. But that section probably covers all types of problems you'd ever face on the GMAT Quant. My simple question to you - When are you planning to take the test? Please let me know your weak areas (if you have any , apart from DS)

Knewton prep is good value for money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dreamy wrote:
How did you prepare for RC? That is my weak area too.

As I said earlier, I did not enough time on my hands to go through Aristotle RC 99. When are you planning to take the test? If you have more than a month to go, I would strongly recommend you to use Aristotle prep's RC99. Thats probably the most comprehensive RC set available on the net.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congratulations. That is very impressive and inspirational. Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rux10 wrote:
wormtongue wrote:
Rux10 wrote:
Thanks for the debrief! Nice breakdown. +1

I'm considering a Knewton online prep course. How did you find their teaching with regards to DS? It's a trouble area for me and i'd like to go with a prep company that can teach decent strategies.

Good luck with the apps!

The good thing about knewton is that they have a zillion problems :-). Since I was quite strong in that area, I did not go through the extra practice section. But that section probably covers all types of problems you'd ever face on the GMAT Quant. My simple question to you - When are you planning to take the test? Please let me know your weak areas (if you have any , apart from DS)

Knewton prep is good value for money.

Cool thanks for that info, Q is something I want to improve on a lot. Knewton sounds like a strong option and I like their prices a hell of a lot more than the others. My weak areas are definitely DS (only skimmed through proper rephrasing techniques during my study) and SC. I'm not sure how weak I am in any particular area Q or V to be honest - my error log was non existent!

Planning to take the test in the first week of April for applications in fall 2011. I had intented on applying for R1 this year but my lacklustre score (610) in October meant it wasn't to be. I have no time to cram for a couple of months and apply for R2 because I just started a new job.

Just to be clear, did you attend live person to person classes with Knewton or did you use the online service which was mainly pre-recorded tutorials on demand and some live/interactive online classes?

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

My friend, I am from India, not Manhattan :-) , so I was compelled to take the latter
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Congrats for your score and kudos to your persistence.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rux10 wrote:
Oh right! So you did't fly over for the weekly lessons then. Haha :) Even more reason for me to do it online too, i'm not American either.

Did the time difference prohibit your usage of the online 'live' classes?

Are you applying this year for R2?

check my pm
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rux10, did you get my pm?

it still shows the message in outbox folder and not sent messages folder
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Congratz for coming under list of 700 scorers..and a great jump in verbal score..How did you find GMAT Verbal questions in comparison to OG tough verbal questions .. Were GMAT CR questions lengthy and convoluted with respect to OG CRs..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finacee, General Management
Schools:ISB, HEC, Said
 Q48  V28
Send PM
Congrats Buddy..

I have one question. There seems to be a very huge jump in the verbal score. What is that you did to improve your verbal?
I am struggling with verbal as most indians will. My verbal scores are aroung V22 can you pls give some inputs on how to improve verbal to atleast V35-36 level.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
does knewton have only online classes or do they also give us some material
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
I am going to take in the next twenty days. I would like to have your suggestions. I took two GMAT tests, my scores are 520 and 530 (Q 42, V 20) for both tests. So, I plan to buy gmatclubtest for improving the quan part and I plan to buy the manhattan gmat for doing the 6 CATs. Do you think this is good approach? I also want to know where can I find exercises for verbal, I am weak on this part? (I used to work on sc1000 and OG 10, 12, Kaplan but it seems that it is not helpful). I appreciate your reply. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sumitra wrote:
I am going to take in the next twenty days. I would like to have your suggestions. I took two GMAT tests, my scores are 520 and 530 (Q 42, V 20) for both tests. So, I plan to buy gmatclubtest for improving the quan part and I plan to buy the manhattan gmat for doing the 6 CATs. Do you think this is good approach? I also want to know where can I find exercises for verbal, I am weak on this part? (I used to work on sc1000 and OG 10, 12, Kaplan but it seems that it is not helpful). I appreciate your reply. Thank you.

You've already booked an appointment? If yes, then I strongly recommend you to go through Manhattan SC and Aristotle RC 99 (try the 33 easy passages first and then try the others). For CR, Powerscore CR bible is the best. And particularly for SC, go through as many questions as possible in the GMATCLUB SC subforum . That should do the trick. Take 1 CAT every 3 days and go through the explanations for each question. You just need to buy 1 MGMAT book to get access to the 6 CATs
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sumitra wrote:
Dear wormtongue,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have manhattan book (that my friend gave me) so I plan to buy the 6 Manhattan CATs to practice and also the gmatclubtest. I do read SC Manhattan and CR Powerscore. But my scores are low. Do you think I did somthing wrong? So, for this time, I will follow your step by working through the exercise in Aristotle RC99 and join the GMAT Sc Forum as you mentioned.

Also, dont forget to check out Manhattan GMAT forum for detailed explanations( for verbal questions ) by Ron Purewal
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Schools:B.A. Harvard
Send PM
Hi all,

First off, congrats on your awesome score increase, wormtongue! You put in some great work, so we're glad to hear you got the score you wanted.

For those of you with questions about how the Knewton course works, here are a couple of key details:

Live and on-demand classes

All our classes are online (so you never have to visit a classroom in person) but you have the option of attending live or reviewing lessons on your own schedule. There's a recorded version of every class, so if you miss a live one you can always catch up later.

Extra practice quizzes

The extra practice quizzes wormtongue mentioned come after every lesson, so you always have the option of challenging yourself beyond the required homework. Knewton recently added a set of extra-difficult quizzes, designed to be even harder than the questions you'll see on the actual GMAT.

A sixth practice CAT

We just added an additional full-length CAT two weeks ago, so students can now take 6 throughout their course.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any more questions.

Chris
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts