Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Re: My recent CAT Results [#permalink]
Have to agree w/ 2 previous posts. Try a gmatprep using official rules and reassess if you want to take the real one based on the gmatprep scores. If the gmatprep scores are not close to what you want, I would suggest postponing. the other test scores are inaccurate indicators. just a suggestion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
kilograms,
Take a test on GMATPrep so you can benchmark your score. Its the closest to actual test.
abigmat,
I disagree with you on 600 not being enough. I agree higher the gmat score the better but everybody doesn't need a 700. It depends on your demographic, type of program, target schools, experiences and whole lot of other things.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I need more time...got a 480 (33Q, 23 V) on the GMAT Prep CAT today. I don't believe it. I got about 6-7 less wrong on each section than I did on the MGMAT CAT where I got a 560 (36Q, 31V). I thought I was doing well and figured with less wrong Id get above a 600. I did get the 1st two questions wrong on each section though. Still, I'm definitely delaying the exam again. I don't know whats goin on! I know I'm capable but maybe I should've given myself more time between CATs. I took the MGMAT yesterday and the GMATPrep today. Wonder if I just got burnt out a bit.
Regardless, Verbal was my strength all through my studies the past few months and now it seems Im falling flat on that section. I think the MGMAT SC book and the OG are going to be my best friends on Verbal at this point, I need to work on SC and CR since those will help boost my score the most. Best bang for my buck I suppose.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I dont know what to think, I buckled down and studied SC & Math the past two weeks since my GMAT Prep disaster and got a 620 (37Q, 37V) yesterday on my 2nd MGMAT. Im excited that I got above the 600+ barrier but have my doubts about the MGMAT accuracy. Has anyone seen a correlation between actual score and the MGMAT scores?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Send PM
i've heard MGMAT is hard but adds ~50 points to your score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
kilograms wrote:
So I dont know what to think, I buckled down and studied SC & Math the past two weeks since my GMAT Prep disaster and got a 620 (37Q, 37V) yesterday on my 2nd MGMAT. Im excited that I got above the 600+ barrier but have my doubts about the MGMAT accuracy. Has anyone seen a correlation between actual score and the MGMAT scores?

MGMAT is usually in the ballpark. For me, it was within 20 - 30 points of my GMAT prep score. The MGMAT score was lower for me than the GMAT prep, but that's not always the case for everyone.

Important warning though, don't study the MGMAT questions. Stick to the official guide. MGMAT CATs are great for building endurance and learning to avoid silly mistakes, but the material is a little different than the real gmat. This is especially true of the verbal's CR and RC.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
kilograms,

So are you taking the test on M10 or not?

I am in the same boat as you are, and I was able to break the barrier of 600 in my last CAT. That did give my confidence a boost.

I have yet to take more CATs. Probably one on this weekend.

Have a Happy GMAT!!! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
maverick101 wrote:
kilograms,

So are you taking the test on M10 or not?

I am in the same boat as you are, and I was able to break the barrier of 600 in my last CAT. That did give my confidence a boost.

I have yet to take more CATs. Probably one on this weekend.

Have a Happy GMAT!!! :)

Hey Mav, yep, taking it Monday! We are gonna rock that test.

Im taking the 2nd GMAT Prep tomorrow and possibly a MGMAT on Sunday morning...then NOTHING.

Ive been going over CR, RC and Quant basics today. Gonna hit some SC and a bit of Geometry tomorrow, then will take a CAT around the same time I will on Monday (1pm). Where are you taking it? Im in NYC but am leavin the city to take it closer to home back in CT.

Good luck pal!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
Good Luck to you too.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder