Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:13 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Need help with ESR analysis [#permalink]
Kudos
harshithaneel wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Here are my answers to the above questions.

1) How long did you study before taking the GMAT - and how long did you study in total? How many hours do you typically study each week? - So this was actually my second attempt and before this during my first attempt I got a 470. Here's the breakdown below
1st attempt I studied for about 3 months but was not very religious or serious about it. Used to study whenever I got time.
2nd attempt I studied for 2 months and this was when I actually was focused and used to give about 2 to 3 hours a day.
2) What study materials have you used so far? - I took up the CareerLabs GMAT prep to prepare for my first attempt. For the second attempt, I used the GMAT official books and the gmatclub forum to study concepts and practice. I also bought the Practice tests 3 and 4 from the official GMAT website.
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
Practice Test 1 - August 22 - 540 (Q38 V26)
Practice Test 2 - August 30 - 670 (Q47 V34)
Practice Test 3 - September 02 - 680 (Q44 V38)
Practice Test 4 - September 04 - 650 (Q44 V34)

4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to? - I am planning to apply to Business schools during the 2022 intake. Some Business schools that I have in mind are Kelloggs (Northwestern university), ISB Hyderabad, IIM Bangalore to name a few.

I will also send out my ESR via email to those who dropped in their emails.

The practice scores that you have shared are from tests that you took 4 months ago. I would encourage you to give a practice test again and report with the latest score so that experts here can help you with better guidance. Also what was your split for the 580?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 671 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Need help with ESR analysis [#permalink]
harshithaneel
There is a seperate forum to reach out to GMAT Experts to have your ESR Analyzed. Moving this post to Ask GMAT Experts forum.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi harshithaneel,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day didn't go as well as planned. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long did you study before taking the GMAT - and how long did you study in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Before you can include attachments with your posts/PMs, you need to have at least 5 posts in the forums (right now, you have just 1 post). If you would rather not go through those extra steps at this point, then you can feel free to email me directly (at Rich.C@empowergmat.com).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi harshithaneel,

I'm happy to provide some advice but would first like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. Once you respond to the questions already asked, I can provide some advice.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
harshithaneel wrote:
Hi Experts,

I took my GMAT exam 2 months ago and got a score of 580 which I was really disappointed with given that I was getting around 680s in my mock tests. I was especially disappointed with verbal because I considered Verbal to be my strong suit. So this time around my aim is to get a score of 700+ so it would be great if you can help me analyse my ESR and carve out a high level study plan that will help me achieve this goal. I'm having a hard time creating a study plan and time table for my retake. Any inputs or help will be greatly appreciated :)

P.S. I am unable to attach the ESR report to this post since I am getting an error saying that I need to have at least 5 posts before I am allowed to attach the report. Let me know if there is a work around for this or else if you are comfortable in sharing your email then I can mail the ESR to you.

Hi harshithaneel,

First of all, sorry to hear about how things went with your GMAT. Don't get disappointed. An improvement is always possible. It's just that you have to identify your weak areas and work on them. I will definitely help you in the process.

Having said that, I'll PM you my email id to which you can send your ESR. And you can use the below link to schedule a call with me so that we can analyze your ESR together.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot