Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 13:26 It is currently 03 May 2024, 13:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.4
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72999 [0]
Given Kudos: 18906
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 634 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.4
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Need real help with relearning math to do the GMAT [#permalink]
No 47 haha, dont feel a day over 22.
At this stage in my career it would be pointless to try for a top tier full time school and to spend the money (I cant with 2 small kids at home and the wife brings home the bacon as such)

With the MBA I'm hoping for a a hop or two up the ladder to senior management in IT (Director of Sales, CXO) I have 2 patents as well I was also looking to develop into J/Vs so either or, the MBA will be of value to me

The OG scared me with the "How do I relearn algebra and geometry etc" and BB and Ron's suggestion of getting remedial math books (high school math books?)(I was planning on getting the Manhattan series after reading BB's reviews of them even before I get the OG) was the kind of advice I was looking for.

With my 2 kids they will be in school so I will have 3 days a week where I have 3 hrs a day of uninterrupted study time and the other 2 weekdays I can still get at least 1-2 hrs. Each week I could get at the least 15hrs of serious study time. I dont waste time on FB as I found it is just that a waste of time, like tweeting every 30 seconds about how Im feeling. Both are useful social media tools with specific uses but I dont have time to waste on being on it 24/7.

So my plan was 3 mths of study starting Sept 1 (graduate from my BSc Bus Admin Aug 30) take the GMAT Dec and be ready for Jan semester, as I said Im not going to Columbia or HBS but the better you do on the GMAT will also be something that can be used effectively in your resume, as a standardized test it shows flexible thinking and outside the box problem resolution.

Thanks again
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need real help with relearning math to do the GMAT [#permalink]