Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:Oxford '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1622 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Oxbridge 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
I am planning to travel for SBS interview to Oxford and need some inputs on the visa process and logistics.

Does anyone have experience of how to get UK visa (which visa ?) from USA and how much time does it take ?

Also if you are travelling to SBS does SBS help with arranging the logistics for few days of travel for interview.

Any help will be apprecited.
Current Student
Send PM
I don't know about visa procedures, but I guess you have to make the travel arrangements yourself. At least they explicitly state that no travel reimbursement is possible. Just book a flight and a hotel on the internet. There's one medium-priced opposite of the business school, called Royal Oxford.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum although I've been following it for a while.
I'll be going to the UK for inteviews at Cambridge and Oxford on the first week of March. If anyone will also be there, I'd love to meet up.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Oxford
 Q44  V49
Send PM
annae wrote:
I don't know about visa procedures, but I guess you have to make the travel arrangements yourself. At least they explicitly state that no travel reimbursement is possible. Just book a flight and a hotel on the internet. There's one medium-priced opposite of the business school, called Royal Oxford.

i stayed there when i went to visit the campus and interview. it's absolutely the most convenient place to stay at. literally across the street from the school and train station from london.

if you're flying into heathrow, you should bus over to the school. it's really quick and convenient. and the bus station is also less than a 5 minute walk from the school and hotel.
Current Student
Send PM
DrSatisfaction wrote:
if you're flying into heathrow, you should bus over to the school. it's really quick and convenient. and the bus station is also less than a 5 minute walk from the school and hotel.

Really? I thought I would take the train from Heathrow. Is there a direct connection from the airport and is it faster than by train? I did find a direct, convenient bus connection between Oxford and Cambridge.

And thanks for the positive hotel review!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
has anyone finished their interview yet? It'll be great if people can share their experiences..!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks DrSatisfaction

Since I will be flying from USA, any idea how I can book the hotel in advance.

Thanks

DrSatisfaction wrote:
annae wrote:

i stayed there when i went to visit the campus and interview. it's absolutely the most convenient place to stay at. literally across the street from the school and train station from london.

Current Student
Send PM
ap1010 wrote:
Since I will be flying from USA, any idea how I can book the hotel in advance.

How about using Google? ;) In case you're very busy, look here: https://www.royaloxfordhotel.co.uk/

For other accommodation in Oxford, search https://www.tripadvisor.com where you can look at hotels on the Oxford city map, as well as individual reviews and ratings.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Oxford
 Q44  V49
Send PM
annae wrote:

Really? I thought I would take the train from Heathrow. Is there a direct connection from the airport and is it faster than by train? I did find a direct, convenient bus connection between Oxford and Cambridge.

And thanks for the positive hotel review!

there's a direct bus from the airport to oxford for about GBP10-ish. it boards at the central bus terminal which is like right outside of terminal 3 or something...i forgot the exact terminal but it was super convenient.

https://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=24

also if you get your e-tickets or whatever they're called online, you just have to provide your reference number to the bus driver when you board. no need to line up again at the bus terminal for check in or to validate your ticket or anything like that.
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks! Seems super convenient, indeed! I'm really looking forward to visiting Oxford and Cambridge, not only because of the schools but also because I have some time to stroll around both towns.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:HEC, Oxford, ESADE, Cambridge, IMD
GMAT 2: 660  Q44  V37
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Did anyone catch the spelling error in the Career Objectives section on the Judge application?

Describe you career progression to date. What have been the milestones and/or turning points? What decisions and choices brought you to your current role?

:shock:

Sorry if it has been mentioned already, I'm too lazy to read through all 19 pages of this thread. :oops:
Current Student
Send PM
Haha, adcom James Barker seems to remindapplicants about spelling errors in every round, on his Twitter page. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:columbia - interview(RD), UCLA- interview (rd 2), USC- interview(rd 2), oxford- interview (rd 2), cambridge- waitlist (rd 3), london b-school- ding w/out interview(rd 2), yale (rd 2)
 Q46  V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
going to be in oxford from 3/1-3/7 for interview/touring but i'm looking for rooms now and they're really expensive. anyone want to split a room? I'm 25 y/o male from usa. thx.
Current Student
Send PM
Finnish cargo transport strike - suspended until March.
BA strike - earliest possible date 1. March.
Heavy snowfall in the UK - expected on Monday the latest.

Enough excitement in anticipation of my Oxbridge interviews next week... So far so good. :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Hi All, one query on the interview qsns: how is the question "why not LBS/wharton?" to be answered? Any tips from R1 admits? Would it be believable to say that you'd prefer Oxford over LBS/HBS? or else, is it ok to say that LBS is the prefered choice or maybe that you got dinged at LBS? Would a ding at another such school show you in a bad light?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:Oxford '11
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
Hi All, one query on the interview qsns: how is the question "why not LBS/wharton?" to be answered? Any tips from R1 admits? Would it be believable to say that you'd prefer Oxford over LBS/HBS? or else, is it ok to say that LBS is the prefered choice or maybe that you got dinged at LBS? Would a ding at another such school show you in a bad light?

What makes you think they would ask such a question? I would guess that the adcom will ask what schools you've applied to and then follow up about why SBS is a better fit. If you have applied to HBS/LBS/INSEAD/Wharton, and you tell the interviewer, be prepared to answer why SBS is a better fit than all of those. If not, I see no reason why the adcom would ask the above question.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone, who is going to UK for F2F interview, how you folks are managing the Forex?

I will be travelling from USA and not sure on where best to get the UK pound - at airport OR get traveller's chequ from banks in USA. Any help on this one folks ?

Also during my couple of days of stay - how do I take medical insurance - first of all is it a must in UK ?

Thanks a lot / AP
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  35