Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:57 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: LBS '14 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: LBS 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
thanx for advice, will do certainly! patience to you with this crazy waiting, till Dec 16 yes?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Haha yes, just 10 more days to D day! Am trying not to think about it. Instead I am just going to do lots of yoga and go out with friends to keep myself busy!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sorry everyone, a new comer question on LBS. Different from other schools, LBS MBA admits students in 4 rounds. Does it make difference if I apply for round 2 or round 3 in terms of the chance/competitiveness to be in? Moreover, my GMAT is very low (700) and I am not sure I have profile as good as enkie to compensate the low score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
enkie wrote:
Haha yes, just 10 more days to D day! Am trying not to think about it. Instead I am just going to do lots of yoga and go out with friends to keep myself busy!

haha, enkie, i believe that you can be relax, you got a wonderful profile and I am sure that you will receive good news from both LBS and INSEAD in several days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Weber517b3 wrote:
Sorry everyone, a new comer question on LBS. Different from other schools, LBS MBA admits students in 4 rounds. Does it make difference if I apply for round 2 or round 3 in terms of the chance/competitiveness to be in? Moreover, my GMAT is very low (700) and I am not sure I have profile as good as enkie to compensate the low score.

Thank you Weber, that is really nice of you to say. I don't believe 700 is low and I will tell you why. 700 is the AVERAGE for LBS, which means there are plenty who are below that score. And in my opinion, a high score doesnt guarantee you in, but a LOW score definitely keeps you out. However, 700 is definitely not a low score -- as long as you hit average, then gmat is not a reason for your application to be discounted. A friend of mine has 680, and she is currently interviewing with Harvard, Stanford and Columbia. So it's all about your essays. Putting some real thought and passion into your essays I believe makes all the difference. Don't feel discouraged! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
enkie wrote:
Weber517b3 wrote:

Thank you Weber, that is really nice of you to say. I don't believe 700 is low and I will tell you why. 700 is the AVERAGE for LBS, which means there are plenty who are below that score. And in my opinion, a high score doesnt guarantee you in, but a LOW score definitely keeps you out. However, 700 is definitely not a low score -- as long as you hit average, then gmat is not a reason for your application to be discounted. A friend of mine has 680, and she is currently interviewing with Harvard, Stanford and Columbia. So it's all about your essays. Putting some real thought and passion into your essays I believe makes all the difference. Don't feel discouraged! :)

Thanks enkie, best luck for you in several days and for me in one month.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Kudos
LBS MBA2011 employment report is out :
https://www.london.edu/assets/documents/ ... 282%29.pdf
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Very impressive as usual. I am really hoping to be able to secure employment in UK, but with the impending econ crisis in Europe...hmmm sketchy sketchy prospects for those without EU work authorization.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Securing employment in UK should not be a problem for non-EU residents. I was reading (don't remember where) an interview given by Fiona Sandford (LBS's career services director) wherein she mentioned that LBS graduates who were placed on campus will not count towards the quota in place for UK work visas. I do hope I understood that correctly.

Even otherwise, if one is looking to work in UK or EU post MBA then there is no better place than LBS for completing one's MBA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vansh wrote:
Securing employment in UK should not be a problem for non-EU residents. I was reading (don't remember where) an interview given by Fiona Sandford (LBS's career services director) wherein she mentioned that LBS graduates who were placed on campus will not count towards the quota in place for UK work visas. I do hope I understood that correctly.

Even otherwise, if one is looking to work in UK or EU post MBA then there is no better place than LBS for completing one's MBA.

If this is the case, UK seems better than France. Here in Paris we recruited a HEC MBA but his work permit was rejected because French interior ministry issued in May 2011 the new rules to limit the work permits for foreigners (la circulaire du 31 mai de Claude Guéant)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
There is a lot of discussion around immigration law changes in the UK here :
uk-work-visa-abolished-for-internationals-108300.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone, do you know if there are any differences in seats available and admission rate for different rounds? I am trying to catch up with the second round but if I can only submit for round 3, do I have less chance to be admitted? I wrote a mail to LBS but no reply...
Thanks!!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I had the same question some time ago, but the School replied that generally they do not make any difference between applicants in different rounds. LBS has also a "great" wait-list policy: if they are not sure that you're the perfect fit for them even in R1 they can put you on WL and keep there until R4 to be sure that they get the best from the pool of available candidates. So basicly it is all about people rather than filling allocated spaces in some concrete manner. The only true difference between R1/2/3 and 4 applicants is that R4 have much less chances for the scholarships if not none at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Submitted LBS R2. hope for the best.

there were 3200 applications last year for LBS MBA. the number rocketed to the roof. I wonder what the acceptance rate can be for LBS nowadays.

40% x 40% rule works here?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Kellogg
 Q50  V20 GMAT 2: 580  Q49  V20 GMAT 3: 710  Q50  V35
GPA: 3.39
WE 1: Project Engineer (1yr)
WE 2: Analyst(3 yrs)
Send PM
I got a phone call last Friday, asking me about confident in my English skill and other stuffs.

Is this a good sign?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Prapruet wrote:
I got a phone call last Friday, asking me about confident in my English skill and other stuffs.

Is this a good sign?

Well, it seems that they would like to admit you but they are not sure whether your English is good enough. I would say that all depends on that phone call. :) If you managed to prove that everything is alright with your English, you should be fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Weber517b3 wrote:

Hi Weber

I would definetely advice you to apply in R2 rather than R3. Although they say it is the same, there are much more available seets at R2 than R3.
I think you gmat score is very good. I know of people being accepted at LBS with much lower scores. Write some good essays and you should be fine.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts