Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 11:27 It is currently 10 May 2024, 11:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.99
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
jjborne wrote:
Would anyone happen to know if any schools make calls on weekends?

Wouldn't count on it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Woof. This almost makes other schools seem merciful for releasing all decisions on the same day.
I decided I'm not going to worry about anything until next Friday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LionsSBC12 wrote:
Woof. This almost makes other schools seem merciful for releasing all decisions on the same day.

I totally agree...this is somewhat brutal lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
LionsSBC12 wrote:

Yea, although I think we are all just anxious in general. The timing of the release doesn't affect our individual chances at all, so in a way, them calling ahead of the deadline is a gift. I am glad they are doing it so at least I know there is a chance to hear before the 20th.

I think it's brutal we hear from Darden the day after Johnson. Imagine two dings, back-to-back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
unit157 wrote:
I think it's brutal we hear from Darden the day after Johnson. Imagine two dings, back-to-back.

You're a horrible person for even mentioning that possibility.

unit157 wrote:
Yea, although I think we are all just anxious in general. The timing of the release doesn't affect our individual chances at all, so in a way, them calling ahead of the deadline is a gift. I am glad they are doing it so at least I know there is a chance to hear before the 20th.

I agree somewhat. I would be completely fine being the last person notified of acceptance because, like you said, the order of notification has no meaning whatsoever. However, the fact that other people have received acceptances while I have not, introduces the possibility of a ding whereas if no one has received notification, I have no reason to suspect being denied.
In general, though, I haven't begun to actually worry yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LionsSBC12 wrote:
unit157 wrote:

Lol. Sorry about that one.

Between Duke interview invites next Friday, Johnson's decision the following Tuesday, and Darden the day after, this is gearing up to be the slowest week of all time.

I know you're in the same boat as me, so hopefully I'll be writing to you about which one to choose in about 10 days!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
unit157 wrote:
I know you're in the same boat as me, so hopefully I'll be writing to you about which one to choose in about 10 days!

I sure hope so! If the Dreaded Double Ding scenario does come true, I'll be hanging onto that Duke app for dear life!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
unit157 wrote:
LionsSBC12 wrote:
unit157 wrote:

Lol. Sorry about that one.

Between Duke interview invites next Friday, Johnson's decision the following Tuesday, and Darden the day after, this is gearing up to be the slowest week of all time.

LionsSBC12 wrote:
unit157 wrote:

I sure hope so! If the Dreaded Double Ding scenario does come true, I'll be hanging onto that Duke app for dear life!

Good luck next week, guys! I'm so glad that the three schools to which I applied scheduled their decision dates on separate weeks - Duke EA on the week of 12/5, Cornell on the week(s) of 12/12 and 12/19, and Michigan on the week of 1/9.

If you haven't done it yet, it would be a good idea to have a Fuqua alum/current student or two officially send in a supplemental recommendation for you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
Good luck next week, guys! I'm so glad that the three schools to which I applied scheduled their decision dates on separate weeks - Duke EA on the week of 12/5, Cornell on the week(s) of 12/12 and 12/19, and Michigan on the week of 1/9.

If you haven't done it yet, it would be a good idea to have a Fuqua alum/current student or two officially send in a supplemental recommendation for you.

Im not sure if I know any Fuqua grads. If I find one, I'll certainly ask for that. If not, I hope that it's not a huge deal breaker without one!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
unit157 wrote:
threestripes wrote:

Im not sure if I know any Fuqua grads. If I find one, I'll certainly ask for that. If not, I hope that it's not a huge deal breaker without one!

It certainly isn't a deal breaker, but it will give you an advantage. Fuqua is big on fit, and there is nothing that proves that you will make a great addition to the class more than having alums/current students recommend you.

Going back to Johnson, I just added the following YouTube video to the first post. It is not specific to Johnson, but it is one of the best tributes to any university that I have seen so far.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXK4npGxKE[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Avault wrote:
alliwant4xmas wrote:
Got the call this afternoon, also! :)

Posted from my mobile device

Congrats alliwant4xmas!!! For my sake I hope all the calls haven't gone out yet! Can you please update your status in your profile so it feeds the Johnson stats?

Thanks avault! Most calls are probably happening next week, so good luck! :)

The status has been updated.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
threestripes wrote:

Thanks for the tip and congrats on your Duke acceptance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
wonder how many people applied for AMBA. can't tell from the first page data.
Thanks for sharing your info!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
unit157 wrote:
threestripes wrote:

It certainly isn't a deal breaker, but it will give you an advantage. Fuqua is big on fit, and there is nothing that proves that you will make a great addition to the class more than having alums/current students recommend you.

Going back to Johnson, I just added the following YouTube video to the first post. It is not specific to Johnson, but it is one of the best tributes to any university that I have seen so far.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXK4npGxKE[/youtube]

Thanks a bunch for finding / posting that video. Reminded me how much I loved the campus / downtown.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
LionsSBC12 wrote:
threestripes wrote:

Thanks for the tip and congrats on your Duke acceptance!

No problem, and thanks! Good luck again! We're approaching the home stretch now...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Schools:Cornell (accepted)
Send PM
Congratulations to those who have been admitted. As a 1st year Johnson student now who was doing the same exact thing last year as you guys are doing now, I completely feel your frustration! Just know that it will work out for everyone. The reason I write on here now is because last year a classmate of mine started our class facebook page after he got his acceptance in December. It now consists all of the 1st years and is a resource that has helped us since February (prior to arriving on campus) through now... it's still incredibly active and it's just 1st years. Admissions/Administration has nothing to do with our FB page. So what I've done is created the FB page for the Johnson Class of 2014

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JohnsonClassOf2014/

Just trying to get some grassroots efforts spreading the word, so I decided to come on here. Best of luck to all! let me know if you have any questions about applications or just Johnson in general! Feel free to email me at rab492@cornell.edu
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Send PM
In!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  72   
Moderators: