Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT Date: 10-07-2011
GPA: 3.2
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 580 Q41 V29
GPA: 3.25
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Hult 2012 Applicants [#permalink]
any advices on HULT BOSTON for 2012 ADMITS - How is the school reputation in America and how are the placements
Intern
Intern
Send PM
come on guys please revert with your views and comments on this
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
am also eager to hear about the placements of hult @ boston.... someone please help
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 422 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Hi guys,

I got a call from Hult boston couple of days back and spoke to their admission rep today. The rankings seems attractive and so as the course description. But why SO mixed reviews? Anyone who have got admit recently would like to comment? I'm very much interested in this course but not sure how the placements are like.

Please help!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Send PM
Don't they publish employment reports? That would probably give you the best indicator for job placement. Also, are you a foreign national looking to work in the US? That may be a bit more complicated to answer, as I know quite a few of Columbia Business School graduates who are foreign and had a hard time finding an American employer to sponsor their visas.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 422 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
I agree with what you are saying. I'm not US resident, but currently working in US. I dont know if that will help. In two minds about HULT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
In that case, I think you need to be very realistic about the risk about not being able to find an employer who will sponsor visa post graduation. Unless your current employer will agree to hire you on again after graduation (which there is no guarantee that they won't change their minds). What can a MBA really offer you for your career and if geography is important, can a Hult MBA help in that regard?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey guys.. Found this on one of the forums I visited..

Not sure about the authenticity, please verify yourselves!

Hult MBA Reality

I am a Hult MBA alumni 2011. Please never join Hult MBA or any other program at Hult. There is zero zero zero zero placements. There is zero or no career services at all. Professors are ok but what and why will you study if you don't get jobs?

They also fool all people and make scholarship schemes and dramas with every person getting a different scholarship as much as he/she can bargain till the end. The school is so poor and has zero brand value that all our batch mates are still unemployed an only 4-5 students have got jobs through their relatives or friends.

They also make you fool by giving away fake loans when the load giving agency "Goed" is their own company only. It is just like that they are selling junk vehicles to you because no one buys them at installments.

I strongly warn you to not join Hult MBA and if you join you will lose all your money and parents savings and still remain unemployed.

All our batch mates are students are crying and so depressed that they are not keeping in contact or touch with one another.

They have none of their own campuses all rented spaces very small, no libraries all crap. Believe me the infrastructure of top 25 indian business schools are far better than all that of Hult. Except in London they acquired a big old building of Huron university.

There is zero reputation of Hult in India and students are not even getting jobs 4-5 months after graduation. By graduation only 5-7% students got jobs. Student quality is good from India but Hult quality is poor. Never listen to any Hult employees. They will try to brainwash you.

In 2011 when economist intelligence unit came us for interviews for Eiu MBA rankings of Hult, the Hult officers and employees blackmailed us to give good fake and excellent feedback to Economist people and if we dont Hult ranking will fall and the value of our degree will fall also.

This is the reality.

I have given you all enough information to think and decide about Hult and I did it as a responsible Indian. Please don't send me any further queries about Hult or any more questions as I will not be responding them.

Hult MBA Alumni 2011
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
gandalf007 wrote:
Hey guys.. Found this on one of the forums I visited..

Not sure about the authenticity, please verify yourselves!

Hult MBA Reality

I am a Hult MBA alumni 2011. Please never join Hult MBA or any other program at Hult. There is zero zero zero zero placements. There is zero or no career services at all. Professors are ok but what and why will you study if you don't get jobs?

They also fool all people and make scholarship schemes and dramas with every person getting a different scholarship as much as he/she can bargain till the end. The school is so poor and has zero brand value that all our batch mates are still unemployed an only 4-5 students have got jobs through their relatives or friends.

They also make you fool by giving away fake loans when the load giving agency "Goed" is their own company only. It is just like that they are selling junk vehicles to you because no one buys them at installments.

I strongly warn you to not join Hult MBA and if you join you will lose all your money and parents savings and still remain unemployed.

All our batch mates are students are crying and so depressed that they are not keeping in contact or touch with one another.

They have none of their own campuses all rented spaces very small, no libraries all crap. Believe me the infrastructure of top 25 indian business schools are far better than all that of Hult. Except in London they acquired a big old building of Huron university.

There is zero reputation of Hult in India and students are not even getting jobs 4-5 months after graduation. By graduation only 5-7% students got jobs. Student quality is good from India but Hult quality is poor. Never listen to any Hult employees. They will try to brainwash you.

In 2011 when economist intelligence unit came us for interviews for Eiu MBA rankings of Hult, the Hult officers and employees blackmailed us to give good fake and excellent feedback to Economist people and if we dont Hult ranking will fall and the value of our degree will fall also.

This is the reality.

I have given you all enough information to think and decide about Hult and I did it as a responsible Indian. Please don't send me any further queries about Hult or any more questions as I will not be responding them.

Hult MBA Alumni 2011

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Could you provide the source please.

FYI, here's their employment stats:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I got accepted into Hult SF campus and am deciding right now if I should make my deposit to reserve my place. Considering the huge amount of investment here, I was wondering if there are any alumni or thoughts out there that you can share regarding this school?

Thanks heaps!

x
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
I fail to understand why would anyone who has ever prepared and taken GMAT, spent their time writing essays and has contemplated their future career and even a bit serious about their education and career consider Hult. Its like getting an MBA from Strayer University. Sure its an MBA and sure you have to apply, get admitted and actually complete the course to get an MBA, but what is the point?

These institutions are for-profit organizations looking to use Military tuition benefits and federal scholarship grants. AVOID.

In business week rankings there are good 50-60 ranked business programs in US and outside US. There are few decent non-ranked schools as well (note this is different from not considered for ranking). Please do yourself a favor and send in an application to one of these universities.

I doubt you will find an actual Hult (or for that matter Strayer) alum on this or other GMAT boards talking about their experience.

PS: I was so outraged at seeing this thread here that I wrote things without proper references. Economist does rank Hult. As per Economist it is run by not-for-profit organization. None of that changes the fact that I will not attend Hult even if they gave me a full ride and a $50k stipend, nor will I recommend it to family and friends.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mbanovice wrote:
Hi All,

I got accepted into Hult SF campus and am deciding right now if I should make my deposit to reserve my place. Considering the huge amount of investment here, I was wondering if there are any alumni or thoughts out there that you can share regarding this school?

Thanks heaps!

x

Yeah, I'm not too sure about HULT. Sure it's been climb up the rankings ladder, but it still appears to be a bit shady. There's a dearth of HULT students/alumni on mba forums. Why don't you ask the school to connect you with some students and alum with similar profiles/ goals. Also ask to be connected to some local alum. If they are reluctant to do so, then you know something's up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, everybody!

Probably, I'm the stupidest person at this forum, but I got admitted from Hult Boston and I accepted it (paid the deposit).
I was thinking about the school for a while, I didn't find a lot of reviews, but all I found were quite complicated - some people blame the school, some thought it is good.
I also asked the adcom to give me current student's contacts and I got it. I was speaking for half an hour with current student from Russia and that briefly what he told me:
1. This is a perfect school for those who is under 650 in GMAT (I am 610)
2. The school has a great international diversity.
3. Usually professors are from other universities (e.g. he mentioned Harvard and Babson)
4. The study program is very interesting and team oriented.
BUT
5. It has NO career service (that's the bad point). They will help you with the job applications an so on, BUT they didn't find you a job by themselves.
6. Boston campus doesn't provide housing.

To be honest, I wasn't admitted to one of the top 40 US school and Hult is the only alternative for me for a moment.
Blame me, admire me, but I did it.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
Send PM
from what i know after speaking to an alum, the college is good in terms of faculty, except for a few of them, but lacks in career services. I am not too sure how the students at Boston campus get such good placements.
source. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13503874/Hult%2 ... 202012.pdf

Is it the effort of the students or something else for such good placements?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hmm, just my humble 2 cents but I think the major reason for paying an astronomical tuition for b school isnt for the classes, it's for the career opportunities and networks. To be really honest, no one comes out of b school an expert in anything unless he or she already had practical work experience in that particular field. It's all about how strong the career services and networks are to get you in the door for the job that you want. From what im reading above, if Hult has no career services whatsoever, then what is the point in attending? Surely you can get into a top 50 school that has an actual career office to help you along in your professional goals?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
There's something very shady and desperate about Hult. They would call me repeatedly to talk about their program and to schedule an "interview" promising "scholarship", this is after I've already told them that I'm not interested. I would not recommend this school, something is seriously off about them. Financial Times and Economist should be ashamed for ranking this school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Couldn't help commenting on this thread. I received numerous calls from their Dubai office (strangely not a single email) and briefly considered Hult for a time. Be fully aware of what the degree can and cannot do for you. Check the accreditation, the usefulness of the alumni network and how they found employment despite there being no career department. It seems that many of the students are older candidates and its possible that they rely on their pre MBA networks heavily. Hult being relatively young could also explain that but still, it's nice to know how the school tries to maintain its connections to the alumni.

If you are cool with what Hult has to offer then go ahead. Personally, I didn't see the value for money in Hult because career services is such a vital part of what makes an MBA so valuable. I still believe that an MBA from a top 50 like Smeal, a part time MBA at top 20, or a Masters in finance/analytics is a stronger degree to have than a Hult MBA. Value for money, si?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts