Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
WE:Research (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
TheSenator wrote:
Gorges17 wrote:
Hey All -

Long time lurker here. All of your posts and insight have really helped me remain sane throughout this whole process, so i figured it only right to contribute as best I can.

I'm a Consortium rd 1 Applicant. Received a call from Johnson last Friday with an IN. Really excited about attending Cornell!! I love everything about that place.

Brief profile of me - Sub 700 GMAT and roughly 3.0 GPA with amost 6 years of work experience.

I havent received my admit package yet, but had some questions for anyone else admitted to Johnson. Its about the Scholarship weekend. Is the "Scholarship weekend" the same as one of the Park finalists weekend? Does being invited to one of these weekends guarantee that you'll be receiving soem financial aid? And lastly, what's the deal with these weekends? Are you competing for a Park fellow, or have they already determined who receives the scholarship? If competing, how many people are you roughly up against and what does the competition consist of?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd be happy to in turn answer anyones questions.

Gorges, thanks for introducing yourself and good luck, please don't forget to add yourself to the Consortium roll call if you haven't already... below you will find partial answers to your ques.

This is the excerpt from accepted.com:

Linda Abraham: Great, thank you very much. Angeline asks, "What do you look for when evaluating candidates for fellowships, specifically the Park Leadership and Consortium?"

Ann Richards: For the Park Leadership Program – well, for any of our scholarship or fellowship money – we’re really looking for outstanding candidates to our MBA program, but also people who will contribute and add value to our program, who’ll be a good fit, and who bring some unique experience.

Regarding the Park Fellowship, which is limited just to U.S. citizens, we’re looking for standout leaders, those candidates who have either prior leadership experience or tremendous leadership potential, who with some cultivation will go on to be tomorrow’s business leaders.

Now, in addition to the application that you have to write for the Park consideration, we also are implementing a scholarship weekend this year where we invite a number of students to come to campus and participate in some leadership and team-building activities, to get the opportunity to meet current students, and also to meet some of the faculty and staff. At the culmination of that weekend, we’ll announce students who have been selected for a Park Fellowship, or other named scholarships or fellowships.

Regarding the Consortium Fellowship, we’re really looking for, once again, is candidates who will be leaders, who will add value to our program, and who will help us to make this school better. We really like and value those students who want to work to improve all of the activities and events that they’re participating in.

So we’re not just looking for the folks who are the 4.0 or the straight-A students; we’re really looking for students who do implement change, embrace change, and try to make everything that they are a part of better and stronger, who have a track record of success in their career and in their personal and professional life.

From the way I read it, sounds like the weekend is more for the Park Fellowship but not so much for the Consortium Fellowship. Which leaves me some Consortium Fellowship hope! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
iamvolitant wrote:
Did anyone apply to Tepper in their consortium application?

my third log in email trickled in yesterday, this one was from tepper and i didn't think much of it, but when i logged in my status said:
"Stage 2: Application Complete pending Interview"
I never got an interview invite in my email, but is this some weird indication that i might be getting one?

just wondering if the same thing happened to anyone else

Nevermind, I got the email today

that counts as my first interview invite from Consortium Round 2!
(ranked them as #6)
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:
iamvolitant wrote:
Did anyone apply to Tepper in their consortium application?

my third log in email trickled in yesterday, this one was from tepper and i didn't think much of it, but when i logged in my status said:
"Stage 2: Application Complete pending Interview"
I never got an interview invite in my email, but is this some weird indication that i might be getting one?

just wondering if the same thing happened to anyone else

Nevermind, I got the email today

that counts as my first interview invite from Consortium Round 2!
(ranked them as #6)

Congratulations. Have you heard from any other schools yet?

I have 1 invite from my #4 school, and I am still waiting for the other 5. A Consortium applicant in the Yale thread already confirmed receiving an invite. It's making me nervous!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [5]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
We would be remiss on this Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday not to recognize the tremendous sacrifice of Dr. King, our parents, grandparents and others who made 'the dream' possible for young people like ourselves. The Consortium Graduate Study in Management is founded in the ideals of Dr. King and his supporters of the civil rights movement. Today is a day to respect, appreciate and serve the mission of equality and leveling the playing field. Whether that's volunteering at an MLK event, updating your Facebook status or posting a note of appreciation on GMATclub we should all serve in some capacity.

Most, if not all of us will move on to heights that the majority of our brothers and sisters have not even dreamed of. With this opportunity of pursing a Masters in Business Administration comes the welcome burden of making sure we are leveraging our education to elevate the future of those that follow our footsteps -- let us all remember that. On this day, I encourage you to take a step back from your daily grind and reflect for one minute on your past... and dream about your future. We are lucky... without visionaries like Dr. King and Dr. Sterling Schoen (founder of the Consortium) your dream would not be so close to reality.

“We must remember that intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education. The complete education gives one not only power of concentration, but worthy objectives upon which to concentrate. ”

― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Manager
Manager

Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:

Congratulations. Have you heard from any other schools yet?

I have 1 invite from my #4 school, and I am still waiting for the other 5. A Consortium applicant in the Yale thread already confirmed receiving an invite. It's making me nervous!

Thanks!
I also got an invite to interview for MIT LGO (which I am ultra-stoked about, they only interview 100 applicants each year) but MIT was separate from my consortium app.

for the consortium round 2 this is what i've heard back so far:

Stern: log-in
Johnson: nothing
Yale: log-in
Tuck: nothing
Marshall: nothing
Tepper: log-in, Invite
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
I like that TheSenator,

“Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”
― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
so..... am i the only one who received an email from cornell today entitled, "Next Step - Johnson MBA" and thought it was an interview invite...... only to discover it was a Round 3 due date reminder????

:shock:

not cool..... cornell....... not cool.

:|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
@ TheSenator -

I'll be sure to add my name to the roll call now.

Thanks for taking the time to post that response. That text is actually what had me confused in the first place (I remember having read it somewhere else). I just didn't understand if the "Scholarship weekend" she references is directly related to the Park fellowship.

For anyone else that might have had the same question - I called the financial aid office at johnson yesterday and got some more info. Basically, new this year, Cornell has 3 "scholarship weekends" all somewhat related to the Park fellowship. Being invited to a weekend does NOT guarantee you some sort of scholarship, but by the very definition of the event - you have a pretty good shot of at least receiving something. The weekend is comprised mainly of interviews and team building events, and at the end of the weekend - the park fellows are announced along with all other scholarships that are given out (the amount they have available is subject to change given yield, attendance, etc.) It is my impression that at the end of this weekend you'll either be told you're getting some $, $$, $$$, Park fellow or tough luck and thanks for coming out. They told me specifically that I will not be receiving any scholarship info before then. Seems a little strange bc i know people on other boards have reported receiving emails with scholarship info, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. Maybe it's bc I'm a Consortium applicant? Who knows. Does anyone have any more information they could share with reagrds to how these weekends work??

Either way - I'm definitely not complaining. Simply getting an admit to Johnson was a dream come true and anything on top of that would simply be extra icing on the cake. I'm just trying to figure out as much deets as possible, so that if needed, I can best prepare.

Hope that helps. Adding myself to roll call now.
Manager
Manager

Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:

Thanks!
I also got an invite to interview for MIT LGO (which I am ultra-stoked about, they only interview 100 applicants each year) but MIT was separate from my consortium app.

update:
I just heard back from Marshall, they said they received my application
they said invites will go out on January 30th
and rd 1 and 2 consortium applicants will both hear back end of February.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
For the Ross applicants, do we even have an application that we can log into?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Did you get an invite yet?

method wrote:
For the Ross applicants, do we even have an application that we can log into?
Director
Director
Send PM
Nope. Not that I'm a single measure here, but I'm hoping that Consortium applicants have been separated until all CGSM R2 applications are in, per Soojin's blog. But it's certainly possible I've been skipped, my essays to Ross are my worst :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:
iamvolitant wrote:

Thanks!

update:
I just heard back from Marshall, they said they received my application
they said invites will go out on January 30th
and rd 1 and 2 consortium applicants will both hear back end of February.

Same here. Got a confirmation email from Marshall, although I didn't get an email from Consortium letting me know they've forwarded my app to the schools.

It just got real, didn't it. LEGGO....
Director
Director
Send PM
jassiinpublic wrote:

I scoured the 2011 Ross and Consortium threads. Ross sent out interview invites on Monday, January 17th, 2011, but Consortium R1 applicants reported receiving invites on Tuesday, January 25th, 2011. So if the pattern holds, it looks like us Ross+Consortium applicants may be waiting up to another week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Thanks.

I hope the delays don't affect our chances of admission.

method wrote:
jassiinpublic wrote:

I scoured the 2011 Ross and Consortium threads. Ross sent out interview invites on Monday, January 17th, 2011, but Consortium R1 applicants reported receiving invites on Tuesday, January 25th, 2011. So if the pattern holds, it looks like us Ross+Consortium applicants may be waiting up to another week.
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
armymba2012 wrote:
so..... am i the only one who received an email from cornell today entitled, "Next Step - Johnson MBA" and thought it was an interview invite...... only to discover it was a Round 3 due date reminder????

:shock:

not cool..... cornell....... not cool.

:|

That is awful. But anytime my iphone vibrates (signaling an email) I always panic. I had to switch off my email's auto-fetch feature and switch to manual checking. Lol
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
Any other R2 applicants here receive word from Yale, UCLA, Darden, Johnson?

I have my login for Yale, that's it!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts