Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Darden 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
To reinforce the fact that invites are rolling at Darden, when offered an invite, I was only given five days to choose from (Feb 6, 13, 14, 16, and 17) and six available times each day. I would assume that later dates are reserved for people that receive invites at a later point in time, which makes sense as a way for Darden to manage the burden on the AdCom. If others have similar limited schedules to choose from, I think this points to the fact that many invites remain to be extended. By all means keep hope.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
To reinforce the fact that invites are rolling at Darden, when offered an invite, I was only given five days to choose from (Feb 6, 13, 14, 16, and 17) and six available times each day. I would assume that later dates are reserved for people that receive invites at a later point in time, which makes sense as a way for Darden to manage the burden on the AdCom. If others have similar limited schedules to choose from, I think this points to the fact that many invites remain to be extended. By all means keep hope.

That was a very thoughtful and encouraging post. :-) Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Guys, I have a question about scholarships. So I got a scholarship for one-year that can be renewed for the second year if I maintain a 3.0 after my first year. Is that a full-scholarship if I maintain the grade or 1/2 scholarship?? I'm a little confused. It's also a Forte Fellowship, anyone know about Forte Foundation and what does it mean to be a Forte Fellow??

I'm still deciding where I'll go on the fall as it is still early in the application cycle, so I don't want to ask adcom about this. If anyone knows more, please share. Thanks.

Oh, and I also didn't get an interview invite on the first day.
Current Student
Send PM
From your post I take it you have a half scholarship. I also have a half scholarship to Darden. What that means is that you'll get 50% of your tuition paid for in the form of a scholarship for both years you are at Darden (assuming you maintain the 3.0 average). If you have a full scholarship, that means that you'll get 100% of your tuition paid for, renewable for 100% for your second year assuming you maintain your GPA.

The Forte Fellow Scholarship is just the source of the funding for your particular scholarship - all scholarships have some source of donor/organization attached to it.

Hope that helps!
Current Student
Send PM
We'll be interviewing well beyond Feb 17, so please be aware you may still get interview invites beyond that date. Dates will get added on later in the R2 process.

Consulting2Finance wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.47
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
anyone know how long it takes for your interview submission to move from requested to confirmed? i want to book flight and hotel but am waiting for the confirmation
Current Student
Send PM
It shouldn't take longer than 24-48 hours. In general, we are pretty good with honoring all requested dates!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Received an interview invite 2pm Mountain time.

So so happy :-D :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got my interview invite at 4pm EST! So excited! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For R1 applicants/current students:
Is the class visit pretty helpful/insightful? I'd really love to schedule a class visit, but I'm incredibly pressed for time the day of my interview. I have grad class in northern VA that night, so I'm going to have to book it back. I'm more than willing to take a hit with my grad school professor if the Darden class visit is worthwhile, but I wanted to get your thoughts first!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
krzt wrote:
Is the class visit pretty helpful/insightful? I'd really love to schedule a class visit, but I'm incredibly pressed for time the day of my interview. I have grad class in northern VA that night, so I'm going to have to book it back. I'm more than willing to take a hit with my grad school professor if the Darden class visit is worthwhile, but I wanted to get your thoughts first!

I didn't think it was that important until I visited other schools and saw the contrast.
I don't think you can make an informed decision about attending Darden without having sat through a class.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
Send PM
Kudos
LionsSBC12 wrote:
krzt wrote:

I didn't think it was that important until I visited other schools and saw the contrast.
I don't think you can make an informed decision about attending Darden without having sat through a class.

Indeed. Nothing is better than seeing the place with your own eyes and experiencing the case method discussion firsthand. I remember that when I got to Darden last year (I visited 4 schools I applied to) I immediately felt the "x-factor", something that told me I belonged there.
About the class visit, I hosted two visitors this week. Both were impressed by the class discussion, the good atmosphere and the professional faculty.
Here's one note I got afterwords:
Quote:
and to tell you how much I enjoyed my visit at Darden. The class visit and the school tour were amazing and I can honestly say that from what I have seen - the Darden vibe is the best I experienced so far.

You'll be able to reach out to faculty and ask to meet you, or reach out to career/social clubs' officers and learn more about their activities.
Bottom line, it's a big decision, you put a lot of money and two years of your life - you'd better make the right, informed decision.
Plus you'll have the option to have free lunch with current students :lol:

Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
krzt wrote:

I have sat in on several classes at various schools and Darden is unique. I think you must sit in a class to truely appreciate the school and everything it has to offer.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'm absolutely convinced...registered for a class visit right after my interview slot. Super excited (and anxious).

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.76
WE:Science (Other)
Send PM
So any other gmat clubbers interviewing on Feb 13th besides me and ladyroadwarrior?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
I need some ideas on transportation to the campus. I am flying to IAD (Dulles airport). Rental cars are darn costly. Has anyone used Amtrak or Greyhound as a connection from this airport to the campus? Looks like stations are very close to the campus (3 miles). Am just concerned on getting from airport to catch train or bus. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
ajayiitr wrote:
I need some ideas on transportation to the campus. I am flying to IAD (Dulles airport). Rental cars are darn costly. Has anyone used Amtrak or Greyhound as a connection from this airport to the campus? Looks like stations are very close to the campus (3 miles). Am just concerned on getting from airport to catch train or bus. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any transportation directly from Dulles to C'ville; but if you're looking to get into DC to catch either the bus or train down there, there is a Metro bus (fare is $5 or $6) that runs about every 40 mins from the airport (picks up right outside the airport) into Rosslyn or DC (L'enfant Plaza) where you can catch the subway to Union Station for the Amtrak or Greyhound. To my knowledge thats the cheapest way from that airport.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  57   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts