Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:31 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Notre Dame (Mendoza) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
FuzzyDunlop wrote:
Applied R3 and got an interview invite.

Can anyone provide any insight into the interview? Questions asked? Best preparation tips?

Thanks in advance,

In terms of questions, it will all be pretty straight forward: Tell me about yourself, why an MBA, why now, why ND? There will be at least one case question too. You can get all that from previous threads.

The admissions staff at Mendoza are really great guys and they're also straight shooters in the interview. What they're looking for is fit with the rest of the student body so be yourself, be honest and open and help them make that decision.

Best prep advice I could give you is to really make an effort to understand what Mendoza would do for your career. B-school is not a guarantee for a job - show that you understand what it will take to get where you want to be and that you're prepared to work for it. There's not much to it beyond that. Good luck!
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 343 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
 Q49  V42
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Send PM
guys who had their interviews were you given a case question
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rawdeal wrote:
FuzzyDunlop wrote:
Applied R3 and got an interview invite.

Can anyone provide any insight into the interview? Questions asked? Best preparation tips?

Thanks in advance,

In terms of questions, it will all be pretty straight forward: Tell me about yourself, why an MBA, why now, why ND? There will be at least one case question too. You can get all that from previous threads.

The admissions staff at Mendoza are really great guys and they're also straight shooters in the interview. What they're looking for is fit with the rest of the student body so be yourself, be honest and open and help them make that decision.

Best prep advice I could give you is to really make an effort to understand what Mendoza would do for your career. B-school is not a guarantee for a job - show that you understand what it will take to get where you want to be and that you're prepared to work for it. There's not much to it beyond that. Good luck!

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got this letter as a preferred candidate a few days ago from ND, University of Denver, BC and Penn State. I was not going to apply to any of those programs because my GMAT is only a 560 and I wanted to go to school in NYC where I live. I called ND though and asked for a fee waiver and they agreed so I think that's the only one I will be applying to based on the tier and their interests in the community as I am interested in poverty alleviation.

Is it realistic for me to even apply though? I feel like I have no chance. I worked at a company that was at the top of the Fortune 500 for 3.5 years and got a promotion there, A- and B in calculus in undergrad, 3.16 ugrad gpa.

I was really aiming for Fordham - I know people who went there and ended up doing great in NYC, but if I got in ND I would absolutely consider it before I turned it down.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE:General Management (Law)
Send PM
Has anyone heard?! Does anyone know if ND likes to wait till deadline day to tell people?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PwC
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
musicbelle wrote:
I just got this letter as a preferred candidate a few days ago from ND, University of Denver, BC and Penn State. I was not going to apply to any of those programs because my GMAT is only a 560 and I wanted to go to school in NYC where I live. I called ND though and asked for a fee waiver and they agreed so I think that's the only one I will be applying to based on the tier and their interests in the community as I am interested in poverty alleviation.

Is it realistic for me to even apply though? I feel like I have no chance. I worked at a company that was at the top of the Fortune 500 for 3.5 years and got a promotion there, A- and B in calculus in undergrad, 3.16 ugrad gpa.

I was really aiming for Fordham - I know people who went there and ended up doing great in NYC, but if I got in ND I would absolutely consider it before I turned it down.

I also got invited as a preferred candidate etc. Does that give some form of guarantee that one would be accepted, my GMAT score is 590, though am currently a senior associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers. What were you able to dig up?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
asonupe wrote:
musicbelle wrote:

I also got invited as a preferred candidate etc. Does that give some form of guarantee that one would be accepted, my GMAT score is 590, though am currently a senior associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers. What were you able to dig up?

It is not guarantee that you'll be accepted, its just a marketing technique. I got one too, and so did most of the people on here. They will often times waive the application fee for you though, so thats nice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sometimesitsnows01 wrote:
Has anyone heard?! Does anyone know if ND likes to wait till deadline day to tell people?

From everything I have read and heard, they typically wait to the final day to inform applicants. Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any applicants from Singapore?
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-06-2012
Send PM
Are any invites for interview or notifications of acceptance by mail or by email??
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
kribs1 wrote:
Are any invites for interview or notifications of acceptance by mail or by email??
email
When did u apply ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-06-2012
Send PM
@mundasingh123

R2
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
kribs1 wrote:
@mundasingh123

R2

did u have ur interview ?
the results for r3 are coming on feb 29.where are u located
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I know at least one person who got their invitation to interview for this round in the past week. Personally I completed mine about 3 weeks ago.

Posted from my mobile device
Verbal Forum Moderator
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I know at least one person who got their invitation to interview for this round in the past week. Personally I completed mine about 3 weeks ago.

How long was ur interview ? who took it ? andrew sama or brian lohr
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mundasingh123 wrote:

How long was ur interview ? who took it ? andrew sama or brian lohr

Neither, I met with an alumni in Chicago. My interview was probably about an hour and half, but we got along really well and were chatting about life in general for about half an hour.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just submitted my R4 application today, and completed my interview last week. Let the waiting begin! Good luck to all who will be receiving their notifications this week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts