Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:15 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 206 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 206 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep,Kaplan results, test in 3 days:) [#permalink]
Let us know how the second GMAT Prep test goes. I would be very interested to see how it compares to the Kaplan tests. Best of luck in your studying.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Not only are those old tests on a totally different grading scale, but they also cover slightly different material and include some different question types. I would not use tests that are that old. I would recommend the GMATprep tests, or puchasing at least one of the Manhattan GMAT books. Puchasing one of the books will give you access to 6 CAT tests for approx $20.

Definitely let us know how GMATprep #2 goes! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good insight GMATLA. I forgot about the 6 CAT tests from MGMAT :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i did gmatprep 2 with a disappointing result, kind of. i got 660 (q:44,v:38). i think one verbal question overlapped with og12,but i still got it wrong. it was intentionally ;)
it is kind of weird as my results dont show any consistency. usually i am better at ds, but this time ps was better. additionally, i had roughly 15 mins left when i was done with the quantitative section. i guess i ll try again and adjust my pacing as most of my mistakes are due to not reading the questions carefully enough ....

i got the kaplan cd from 2006 with cat1-cat4. might do cat3-4 later today and tomorrow. haven't done anything for awa yet. i hope reading a couple of example essays is enough to memorize the basic structure. i hate writing passionately :)

anyhow, i think it is not really recommendable to do 2 tests in a row with less than 4h in between.

update:
doing kaplan version 2006 cat3 and there are too many questions overlapping with kaplan 2003 cat1&2
Intern
Intern
Send PM
done the cat3 of kaplan v2006. as i mentioned above, there were many questions that i already knew (though i didn't remember the corresponding answer). still, i didn't need as much time to actually start thinking about the problem as i would have for an unknown question. thus, i finished the q section in 50 mins, scoring 50. the verbal section had some overlaps too, but i still kind of failed, scoring only 38. overall result was 670.

i guess i ll relax for a bit before i do cat1,2,4 of kaplan 2006 and re-do gmatprep 1&2 in hope of no overlaps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
did gmatprep1 again yesterday. again there were a couple of overlaps. 47 in q, 37 in v. total 690.

its kind of weird as the results keep getting worse -.-
i started with 730 in gmatprep1, then 660, now 690. i am definitely better in q than v, but its always the same in the v section. i can narrow it down to two answers and then i choose the wrong one most of the time -.-

d-day is tmr, doing 2 more tests and then i am done.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok. Did my last mock exam. gmatprep 2. couple of overlaps (2-3 in q and v; i still took enough time to read the question and the answers as i got them wrong during the previous tests). q49,v42,740. this is probably the max i can achieve after merely 13 days of studying -.-
one strange thing though:
i did 10 mistakes in q, only 6 in v, yet the scaled scores were q49 and v42. got the 5th question in v wrong. that's probably the reason for the low score?!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Send PM
Don't think about the scaled scores on the same level. They are two totally different scores. A Q47 is actually worse than a V40 b/c the v40 is the 90th percentile and the Q47 is the 76th percentile. So when you think about the scales, don't compare the two. Here is a site that breaks down the scaling. It has changed slightly since this was updated. Plus or minus 1-3% on all scales.

https://www.testmasters.net/GmatAbout/Scoring-Scale

Congrats on doing so well with such short studying. Scoring in the high 600s means you have tons of potential. If you studied the recommended 3 months, you'd easily be able to achieve a 700+ in my opinion. But best of luck to you and your short time frame! It looks to me like you could do quite well for such a short amount of studying.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Your scores seem very promising! Best of luck tomorrow and be sure to give us a debrief!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks a bunch guys! so much positiveness :)

one last thing before i leave: was is the same with you guys that every time you made a mistake you pretty much knew how it had to be done after seeing the correct answer? thats so annoying as i actually know how to solve the questions. but during the mock tests i still fail to solve them -.-
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 206 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey. Scored 49q and 40v. total 720. More than i expected after 11 days of studying. though now i am regretting to not have started my preps earlier. anyhow i am satisfied and so is the grad school i applied at:)
Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Many congratulations!

You are probably the most efficient GMAT test taker I know...:)

+1 kudos fro me...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats on the great score! You got what you needed and blew away the minimum you originally were aiming for.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thx. i only found this forum late in the prep, but it did help me a lot by calming me down. i wasn't necessarily super anxious, but it helped me not freak out due to low kaplan test results.

have been thinking about retaking the exam to get in the 750+ region, maybe taking more than two weeks of time to prepare ;)
but in the end, its probably a waste of time and money as i won't get into any tier1 business school (nor do i really want to )
Manager
Manager
Send PM
If you set yourself the goal of making into a top tier school I'm sure you could. You were able to score in the top percentiles of the GMAT with relatively little studying. With more time I'm sure you could score 750+ and get into a top tier school.
GMAT Club Bot