Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: dfsd
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
fds: df
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
vampire123 wrote:
Any interview invites out there this week?

I think they have a habit of going out on Friday
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
hello, i interviewed yesterday with a senior admissions director. she was very nice and the interview was really conversational. the questions were standard - why mba, why usc, talk about what you do, with general follow-ups to understand what i've done and how i work. it seemed like the adcom member did not reviewed my application, although she did review my resume (don't forget to bring a copy!). she also asked some personal questions about what i like to do - topics that don't require much prep, other than knowing what you like doing on your off-time.

as to notifications, she said that they would be available April 2 (the 1st is a Sunday and their office is closed then).

anyways, good luck to everyone and i hope to see you this june!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I got some information back via email as regards to interviews. I suspect the scheduling is being done by one person, who was out last friday and monday was a holiday. That combined with the fact that there must be 150+ emails with ppl's preferences, it is taking some time to process. I would say give it another day unless you requested very early in the interview window.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
humphy wrote:
I got some information back via email as regards to interviews. I suspect the scheduling is being done by one person, who was out last friday and monday was a holiday. That combined with the fact that there must be 150+ emails with ppl's preferences, it is taking some time to process. I would say give it another day unless you requested very early in the interview window.

got confirmation back today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
when i interviewed for R1 it seemed they were manually scheduled by one person
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey folks,

Congrats to all the first round admits! We're currently planning Admit Weekend and hope to see you there!

Second rounders - we know the waiting process is tough, but good luck with interviews!

Third rounders - keep working on those apps - it's a painful process, but worth it once you hit the submit button...then comes the waiting...

With regards to the living situation for Marshall students, the two highest concentrations are probably downtown LA (DTLA) and Santa Monica/west side. There are a bunch of students scattered around Culver City, Koreatown, Manhattan Beach, Hollywood, and Silver Lake, with some even as far as Pasadena and Arcadia. It all depends on how far you're willing to drive and what sort of community you're looking for.

Couple of thoughts on the major locations:

DTLA - Downtown has really been revitalized over the last decade or so - you have a lot to do around LA Live (Staples Center, Nokia Theater, ESPN Zone, Yardhouse, Rosa Mexicana, etc.), plus there are a good number of places in the "financial district" to meet up. The drive to campus is about 6-8 minutes, 10-15 with traffic, so that's super convenient in your first semester with 8am classes. There still are some sketchy areas to the east, but you learn about them and they are easily avoided.

Santa Monica - You can't argue with living that close to the beach. The commute to campus will be about 15-20 minutes without traffic, but any accident or other incident on the freeway can really add a good amount to your commute time (this happened to a bunch of people on the first day of orientation!). The scene is a little hipper, more trendy, and you definitely see more people walking around on a regular basis.

We hope we can help you with any questions you may have, so feel free to reply or PM us. You can also reach out to specific Ambassadors via the Marshall Full Time MBA website (which we can't link to w/o at least 5 posts - PM us if you're having trouble finding it).

We look forward to meeting the admitted students, and best of luck to everyone else still waiting for results or applying!

Best,
Marshall Ambassadors
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MarshallAmbassadors wrote:
Hey folks,

Congrats to all the first round admits! We're currently planning Admit Weekend and hope to see you there!

Second rounders - we know the waiting process is tough, but good luck with interviews!

Third rounders - keep working on those apps - it's a painful process, but worth it once you hit the submit button...then comes the waiting...

With regards to the living situation for Marshall students, the two highest concentrations are probably downtown LA (DTLA) and Santa Monica/west side. There are a bunch of students scattered around Culver City, Koreatown, Manhattan Beach, Hollywood, and Silver Lake, with some even as far as Pasadena and Arcadia. It all depends on how far you're willing to drive and what sort of community you're looking for.

Couple of thoughts on the major locations:

DTLA - Downtown has really been revitalized over the last decade or so - you have a lot to do around LA Live (Staples Center, Nokia Theater, ESPN Zone, Yardhouse, Rosa Mexicana, etc.), plus there are a good number of places in the "financial district" to meet up. The drive to campus is about 6-8 minutes, 10-15 with traffic, so that's super convenient in your first semester with 8am classes. There still are some sketchy areas to the east, but you learn about them and they are easily avoided.

Santa Monica - You can't argue with living that close to the beach. The commute to campus will be about 15-20 minutes without traffic, but any accident or other incident on the freeway can really add a good amount to your commute time (this happened to a bunch of people on the first day of orientation!). The scene is a little hipper, more trendy, and you definitely see more people walking around on a regular basis.

We hope we can help you with any questions you may have, so feel free to reply or PM us. You can also reach out to specific Ambassadors via the Marshall Full Time MBA website (which we can't link to w/o at least 5 posts - PM us if you're having trouble finding it).

We look forward to meeting the admitted students, and best of luck to everyone else still waiting for results or applying!

Best,
Marshall Ambassadors

At what point will round two interview requests stop being sent out? Knowing this would definitely ease the wait.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@pacostacos - I know it's a frustrating and nerve wracking process, but unfortunately we don't get that data from the admissions office. A lot of the wait time probably depends on the volume of applications they receive in each round and how quickly they can process them to get back to the applicants. We're no strangers to the "helpless" waiting stage, having been in your shoes just a year ago. Hopefully you can distract yourself with something else in the meantime, and before you know it, hopefully you'll hear back with good news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
I received an interview invitation, and contacted Marshall on Feb 18 to set a date, but I still haven't heard back from them. Is anybody else waiting on a confirmation? I need to buy a plane ticket soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mdk250 wrote:
I received an interview invitation, and contacted Marshall on Feb 18 to set a date, but I still haven't heard back from them. Is anybody else waiting on a confirmation? I need to buy a plane ticket soon!

PM me with your name and I'll check with the office...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Just got the call. In!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
teq wrote:
Just got the call. In!

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied in round 2 and current got nothing updated from Marhshall. It showed submitted and nothing more. Can anyone please help me? Should I get update regarding my GMAT Score and my Transcript? I called three times, the lady told me they will notify me if anything is missed from my file, but isn't the information should be updated on the website? Can anyone help me out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
pandaattack wrote:
I applied in round 2 and current got nothing updated from Marhshall. It showed submitted and nothing more. Can anyone please help me? Should I get update regarding my GMAT Score and my Transcript? I called three times, the lady told me they will notify me if anything is missed from my file, but isn't the information should be updated on the website? Can anyone help me out?

Your submission status says submitted.
You called the office three times, and the lady told you that the school will notify you if anything is missing from the file.

She gave you all the answers you need. There's nobody who can help you better than she can. Sit back and chill out.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got an email with a confirmation time for my interview...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
is marshall updates the files such as GMAT report and transcript for the applicant online? I havn't got any updates besides the submit status
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pandaattack wrote:
is marshall updates the files such as GMAT report and transcript for the applicant online? I havn't got any updates besides the submit status

I don't think they provide updates to the status of your GMAT scores and/or transcripts...they will let you know if anything is missing. If you haven't heard anything, you're probably in good shape.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts