Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 21:57 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 21:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
well hopefully we will hear soon. looks like they started making round 2 calls yesterday. fingers crossed. good luck everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
socalledpremba wrote:
Do you believe they will let us know before the 28th, since the Round 2 deadline is on the 26th?

No reason not to think so..It wouldn't make sense to me to start informing waitlisters only after all R2 applicants have been informed..All decisions would anyway have been made by now except for R2 applicants who could be moved to the waitlist..

That's just me though..no idea what the Kellogg ad-com has in mind!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
My take is that they are going to grant admit from WL based on the yield of R1/R2. So March 6 is a deposit day, lots of R1 admits would decline; and in this week, some of the R2 admits will also decline Kellogg, WL is to fill the hols left by those admits. We'll see in less than a week. Hang in there, fellas!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Well, it looks like I will be joining you all on the Kellogg waitlist. They say nothing worthwhile is easy...

It looks like for Round 2 folks the waitlist notification dates are April 16 and May 9.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.84
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
Well, it looks like I will be joining you all on the Kellogg waitlist. They say nothing worthwhile is easy...

It looks like for Round 2 folks the waitlist notification dates are April 16 and May 9.

Also joining R2 WL. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Also joining R2 waitlist, for those of you who are currently on the wait list, would you consider re-taking GMAT if your quant score was low (66%)?

I wanted to ask the WL officer, but it says not to contact them until the week of April 3, which would def be too late to hit the April 16th decision.

What do you all think?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asmithtexas wrote:
Also joining R2 waitlist, for those of you who are currently on the wait list, would you consider re-taking GMAT if your quant score was low (66%)?

I wanted to ask the WL officer, but it says not to contact them until the week of April 3, which would def be too late to hit the April 16th decision.

What do you all think?

You should definitely wait until April 3rd. After you've talked with your wait-list manager, there's two options: He/She will ask for some update or to clarify something regarding your application (or maybe ask you to re-take your GMAT) or will tell you that there's nothing you can do, it is just a matter to see if there's a spot left.

My quantitative was the same as yours, and the GMAT score as well and they did not asked me to retake it. On the other hand, I am still on the waitlist, so who knows?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Folks,
I'm here in the WL crew too....strangely I felt best about my Kellogg interview....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Hi Folks,
I'm here in the WL crew too....strangely I felt best about my Kellogg interview....

Wow.. never expected that I would welcome you to this thread!! I've been following your posts for quite a bit and your waitlist decision is definitely one of the top weird decisions of this season!

Anyways..good luck and hope you will add one more green to your already impressive bouquet of green!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.69
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
any jd/mba's in here?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
scorpionz wrote:
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Hi Folks,

Wow.. never expected that I would welcome you to this thread!! I've been following your posts for quite a bit and your waitlist decision is definitely one of the top weird decisions of this season!

Anyways..good luck and hope you will add one more green to your already impressive bouquet of green!!

Thank you. Very kind words. No matter who the candidate is, this process is always a crapshoot.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
asmithtexas wrote:

What do you all think?

I don't think it would be too late if you wait til April 3. You get the score Q/V score instantly and assuming you did ok on the AWA the first time it won't be a problem a second time. I'm sure the school can review your application without it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just a point to note folks (R2 WLers)..

Although the dates mentioned on the FAQs are April 16 and May 9, these are NOT set in stone! During R1, the dates mentioned initially were Jan 24th and Feb 14th. The folks who were notified on the first date were those from whom Kellogg wanted some clarifications..stuff like GMAT score report, clarification on goals essay or things like that..The second date was arbitrarily changed from Feb 14th (on Feb 14th) to Mar 28th without any prior communication. I believe only one person was notified (ding) on Feb 14th. All the others, myself included, are still watiing...

Plan your updates accordingly and don't try to rush your updates in. If you get a helpful WL coordinator, he/she may very well truthfully tell you that most of you might not hear on April 16th...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
The website says not to contact them until April 3... does that include email as well as by phone?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 498 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Just spent a while going through the whole 2011 thread. Makes for some pretty depressing reading about people hanging on by a thread and receiving very little in the way of communication. But quite a few people got admitted, most were after rd1/2 deposits were due, after rd3 deposits were due and well into summer. Best of luck all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
afyl128 wrote:
Just spent a while going through the whole 2011 thread. Makes for some pretty depressing reading about people hanging on by a thread and receiving very little in the way of communication. But quite a few people got admitted, most were after rd1/2 deposits were due, after rd3 deposits were due and well into summer. Best of luck all.

I read it too....not necessarily a whole lot to be optimistic about but it does show it's not the end of the world yet. One encouraging thing was there were 2 or 3 people admitted with very similar backgrounds to me (of course every year is completely different). Some of the final folks seemed to have gotten in towards the end of August, so we could potentially have another 5 months of this.

It seems like most will learn by late May and it also seems that the thought of anyone really finding out by mid April is a pipe dream.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
afyl128 wrote:

I read it too....not necessarily a whole lot to be optimistic about but it does show it's not the end of the world yet. One encouraging thing was there were 2 or 3 people admitted with very similar backgrounds to me (of course every year is completely different). Some of the final folks seemed to have gotten in towards the end of August, so we could potentially have another 5 months of this.

It seems like most will learn by late May and it also seems that the thought of anyone really finding out by mid April is a pipe dream.

Waitlisted today. R2 applicant from India. Will wait until Apr 3rd to contact the admissions office.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23