Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 18:49 It is currently 07 May 2024, 18:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 03-27-2012
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
GZR4DR wrote:
mbafall2011 wrote:
57 people in the chat room, 5 adcom members. 52 people on the waitlist

This chat has been very disappointing. I'm sick of hearing that gaining admission is not about a spot becoming available.............

Everyone knows that most admissions come from R1 and R2- and either way they should have sampled a large enough number of the applicants to be able to make a comparison.

Everything I have heard from adcom states that the EWMBA admission process is not like the Full-Time admission process. The EWMBA program does not fill the majority of seats in R1 and R2 with the intention of rounding out the class in R3 like most full-time programs. I've been told that there is a proportionate number of seats available per round (i'm assuming R4 may be an exception as it was recently added).

Everything i have heard from students in the classroom points otherwise. Anyway- all of this is mere speculation. Not much i can do but wait.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
R3 applicant here. Submitted evening of 3/15 and received invite to interview today. Status changed directly from "Received" to "Invited to Interview."

On a separate note, Courtney Chandler, one of the admissions directors, confirmed during an infosession that the reason they waitlist so many applicants is precisely to make R1, R2, and R3 equally competitive. With that in mind, it seems like it would make sense that many applicants are admitted in R3/R4 since many R1/R2 WL applicants and R3/R4 applicants are all admitted together.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
R3 applicant here. Submitted evening of 3/15 and received invite to interview today. Status changed directly from "Received" to "Invited to Interview."

On a separate note, Courtney Chandler, one of the admissions directors, confirmed during an infosession that the reason they waitlist so many applicants is precisely to make R1, R2, and R3 equally competitive. With that in mind, it seems like it would make sense that many applicants are admitted in R3/R4 since many R1/R2 WL applicants and R3/R4 applicants are all admitted together.

My theory is that they waitlist most of the candidates from the demographic and job function (fyi - no prizes for guessing) that is overly represented in the bay area. I remember one of the admissions officer saying that ave GMAT score for this group was upward of 740. The adcom must find it challenging to stitch a diverse class under such circumstances and hence wait until the final application is received before taking a holistic view. imho.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Haas EWMBA
Send PM
Round 2 admitted applicants,
is your KROLL verification complete? I paid the fees and submitted the authorization on Monday this week, but haven't heard back yet.
Does KROLL inform us or it is the admissions office when the verification is complete?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I hear that the weekend cohorts have more than half their classes held at a technology center at Santa clara instead of the Berkeley campus? Does anyone have insights into this? does not having classes on campus impact the overall experience in any way by not getting opportunities to be more active with clubs and other events on campus?
Also for campus recruiting, are EWMBA students disadvantaged in any way compared to full time students by being mandated to mentioned part time MBA on their resumes when using career center services?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here. It's been some time. I was under the impression this process would be complete in 72 hrs.

neosal wrote:
Round 2 admitted applicants,
is your KROLL verification complete? I paid the fees and submitted the authorization on Monday this week, but haven't heard back yet.
Does KROLL inform us or it is the admissions office when the verification is complete?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
My friends in full time programs at Haas and UCLA recommended going full time vs part-time. They say it's takes quite a bit of time to attend all the networking functions the schools and companies set-up. They did mention if you know where you want to go after and have the networks already setup then part-time should be no problem. They also did say companies rate full time students higher than part-time students if applying for the same job. Not sure why?

bschoolapp8 wrote:
I hear that the weekend cohorts have more than half their classes held at a technology center at Santa clara instead of the Berkeley campus? Does anyone have insights into this? does not having classes on campus impact the overall experience in any way by not getting opportunities to be more active with clubs and other events on campus?
Also for campus recruiting, are EWMBA students disadvantaged in any way compared to full time students by being mandated to mentioned part time MBA on their resumes when using career center services?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
For the pre req waiver exams, has anybody out there tried brushing up on math and statistics using khan academy? spending $1000 on the online extension class is a pain, esp considering i am a R3 applicant and might get dinged anyway. Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
A number of us are taking online courses through community colleges, which are a little more affordable.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Just got the intw invite! Thanks everyone for keeping up the spirits on this awesome forum!

Desiaggie and others from R3 who got interview invites, how long was it after you got your invite before you can schedule the interview? I got invited last Thursday and still haven't gotten contacted for scheduling yet. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Just got the intw invite! Thanks everyone for keeping up the spirits on this awesome forum!

Desiaggie and others from R3 who got interview invites, how long was it after you got your invite before you can schedule the interview? I got invited last Thursday and still haven't gotten contacted for scheduling yet. Thanks!

Log on to your online application and click the link that says (invited to interview) to pick a time slot
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Lomei,
Which community college online courses have you see for the stats prereq? I am considering the online stats course that will be offered this summer through Haas, but would like to pay less at a CC if possible.

lomei wrote:
A number of us are taking online courses through community colleges, which are a little more affordable.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chicagomba wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:

Log on to your online application and click the link that says (invited to interview) to pick a time slot

Major thanks. Guess we were expected to figure it out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thats strange, for me I think it said specifically in the email to go to the application account to schedule the intw.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hi,

Myself Submitted for R4 Haas EWMBA. Good to see this forum. Although I am late in the game, I am hoping for a good result. Nice to meet all of you folks.
Anyone know how R4 statistics will look like ? I didnot do much research on R4 of Haas.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any outside the bay area commuters out there? I will be commuting from San Diego, and wanted to get thoughts on how feasible it is to still have a good b-school experience with that commute?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Not sure if you all saw, but Haas just opened up a Saturday statistics waiver exam. What is the best book to study for this test? I know the Haas site lists various texts, but what is the #1 book to pass this thing?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts