Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:16 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Duke Fuqua 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hope to see everyone at Blue Devil Weekend today!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
Send PM
Hope I am at the right place for my question. Can someone please shed some lights on the Cross-Continenet program? Is it consider a part-time/accelerated program? What type of students are Duke looking for for this program?

I am just casually browsing through the website right now and I found some info regarding the program, but don't recall seeing it being discuss much on here and various GMAT sites. Can anyone give me some pointers on this?

I am looking to do a PT program and the Cross-Continent format seems to be somewhat less demanding in terms of length and actual class time (16 months, 6 In-person session at the campus at Durham), and the GMAT avg. is definitely not as high (mid. 80% ranges from 540 - 720).

Thanks for the help, and congrats to all of the admits!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ariz3260 wrote:
Hope I am at the right place for my question. Can someone please shed some lights on the Cross-Continenet program? Is it consider a part-time/accelerated program? What type of students are Duke looking for for this program?

I am just casually browsing through the website right now and I found some info regarding the program, but don't recall seeing it being discuss much on here and various GMAT sites. Can anyone give me some pointers on this?

I am looking to do a PT program and the Cross-Continent format seems to be somewhat less demanding in terms of length and actual class time (16 months, 6 In-person session at the campus at Durham), and the GMAT avg. is definitely not as high (mid. 80% ranges from 540 - 720).

Thanks for the help, and congrats to all of the admits!
CCMBA is a part-time MBA program. The key differentiator is that you attend 6 intensive academic sessions in classrooms across the world.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
asimov wrote:
CCMBA is a part-time MBA program. The key differentiator is that you attend 6 intensive academic sessions in classrooms across the world.

Thanks for the reply!

The reason I wasn't sure was that because I don't see it being ranked at various PT MBA ranking. I thought the program is considered as Online or some other form of MBA.

Is it competitive to get into? Is the program cater more to international students over US applicants? Is there any key differences between Cross Continent MBA vs FT and EMBA at Duke?

Sorry for all of the questions... as I have mentioned, there just isn't much available info on this that I've came across
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ariz3260 wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

The reason I wasn't sure was that because I don't see it being ranked at various PT MBA ranking. I thought the program is considered as Online or some other form of MBA.

Is it competitive to get into? Is the program cater more to international students over US applicants? Is there any key differences between Cross Continent MBA vs FT and EMBA at Duke?

Sorry for all of the questions... as I have mentioned, there just isn't much available info on this that I've came across

Sorry, I'm not farmiliar with the program. If you are interested, feel free to call the program office, I'm sure they will be happy to answer some of your questions.

Just to provide a different perspective on the program, here's an outside article on CCMBA: https://www.businessbecause.com/news/Exe ... -mba-81410
Manager
Manager
Send PM
asimov wrote:
Sorry, I'm not farmiliar with the program. If you are interested, feel free to call the program office, I'm sure they will be happy to answer some of your questions.

Just to provide a different perspective on the program, here's an outside article on CCMBA: https://www.businessbecause.com/news/Exe ... -mba-81410

Thanks for the article! I'll definitely give the program office a call/email some time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.56
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
hello, everyone, I am a waitlist in R2 of Duke who was put into R3 for interview. I am not suire my chance to get in R3. Is there any international students ever enrolled in R3?
VP
VP
Send PM
linmeimei wrote:
hello, everyone, I am a waitlist in R2 of Duke who was put into R3 for interview. I am not suire my chance to get in R3. Is there any international students ever enrolled in R3?
From your information, it appears you are chinese. I think you will find the Chinese version of GMATClub more helpful with answering these types of question. https://forum.chasedream.com/

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
I'm in the same boat. I applied in R2, got waitlisted, asked to interview, interviewed in RD3 and awaiting the May 4th decision.

I've heard that if you are waitlisted and then invited to the interview, the interview matters quite a bit. I think it's still an uphill battle though.

Can anyone else shed light on the topic?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
smk636 wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I applied in R2, got waitlisted, asked to interview, interviewed in RD3 and awaiting the May 4th decision.

I've heard that if you are waitlisted and then invited to the interview, the interview matters quite a bit. I think it's still an uphill battle though.

Can anyone else shed light on the topic?

It's always an uphill battle when you get waitlisted, whether it is before or after the interview. The good thing about being invited to interview after getting waitlisted is that you are more aware of where you stand, so you will more likely be a lot more prepared to address your weaknesses.

As far as your chances are concerned, all I can say is that R3 is an enigma. It really depends on how the class is shaping up after the first two rounds. Plenty of qualified candidates are not accepted in R3, so you better hope that admitted applicants, who share a similar background, decide not to pay the deposit on the May 1st deposit deadline.

Good luck!
VP
VP
Send PM
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qU7NnUtD4[/youtube]
This is how we roll at Fuqua.

Fuqua Idol performing the class song, Dynamite, as a second year send off sends the 500+ crowd wild.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
asimov wrote:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qU7NnUtD4[/youtube]
This is how we roll at Fuqua.

Fuqua Idol performing the class song, Dynamite, as a second year send off sends the 500+ crowd wild.

Couldn't understand a single word in what they sang:) Perhaps, the request of AdCom that I have to take language institute courses was right.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Has anyone been admitted off the waitlist? I was an early action applicant and was wait listed in December. They don't really offer much information when I call the office. I've submitted my transcript showing I took Calculus, my annual review from my boss showing that I performed well this year (I received a nice bonus and a 10% raise) and I have called on family friends who are Fuqua Alum to put in a good word. Apparently, the good word doesn't go nearly as far if it happens after I get waitlisted. They said this themselves. It would have been better to get those as recommendations in my initial application. They say this is because of the structure of the waitlist and how it ties to the class profile. Does anyone have any bright ideas about additional, non-annoying things I could do to improve my chances? I asked the admissions office if they wanted another interview or if they wanted another essay and they said no. My situation is unique in that my family is from Durham and I have an infant, so Duke is the only school I would like to go to (for support). It sucks feeling in limbo, but I know a lot of other people are in the same position. Good luck to all and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
I know that some decisions will be rendered on the 4th with the R3 applicants.

Not all waitlisted applicants will receive a decision. My question is, how good is the chance past that 4th of May decision date for the waitlisted applicants?

Is the activity usually really slow historically past that date?
Ding/Acceptance will be a good closure for sure.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Just hoping the 2012 applicants could provide some advice. I'm looking to understand when I should expect to see the 2013 application questions released? When were they for the previous year?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
In last year's thread there was one admit off the waitlist in June (quite a bit after the R3 deadline).

As an international applicant I think R3 will be judgement day for better or worse. As it is, a visa may be difficult to turn around before August. Fingers cross for the R3 call!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
canadianchamp wrote:
In last year's thread there was one admit off the waitlist in June (quite a bit after the R3 deadline).

As an international applicant I think R3 will be judgement day for better or worse. As it is, a visa may be difficult to turn around before August. Fingers cross for the R3 call!

Well I think it is actually dependent on what happens today, the deposit deadline day for R1 and R2. If a large number of admits accept, then you are correct, R3 is the best last chance for WLters especially internationals. If a large number of admits do not accept, then adcom has its work cut out, sifting between R3 and WL piles to pullout the best candidates.
They would have done their groundwork of course, shortlisting a consolidated list of probables from both pools but it depends on whether that shortlist is sufficient or not. Also note that the shortlist may continuously evolve based on updates submitted by R3 and WL applicants.
Fuqua gives itself only 3 days to finalize things between the deposit deadline and R3 decision day, as opposed to say Ross which gives itself a couple of weeks. That can mean that Fuqua adcom is either very good at estimating yield or chances of getting admitted after R3 decisions are higher in Fuqua than Ross, all other things considered equal.

Ah well never mind. :) Just relax and all the very best of luck to you!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts