Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
Stacey wrote:
Hi all!

I'm a last-minute applicant, but still hope to succeed:)

I just wonder, what kind of proof I can present for social project I participated in? (We just got grant for project and all information I have-number of pictures and article on foundation website, cuz the creator of the project holds the certificate, and even there names are not listed).

Also what should be included in letter from my employer? My CEO is St. Gallen alumna, but I'm not sure that it is appropriate to include this information...

I would appreciate any advice!

Hi Stacey,
You can simply provide participation certificate.
The letter from employer should atleast state your role and duration of employment.
Hope it helps!
By the way, please share you profile with us.
My profile: 23yrs, Indian, 800 GRE, 2.5 yrs economic analyst
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:

Hey ronnie,

thank you! I'll try to get this certificate.. Do you think they are very strict with proof?

My profile:
22, GMAT 700, GPA 4.97/5.00 in economics, 1.5 international experience (semester abroad & gap year working in China), german & chinese intermediate level

Though NO financial experience (I'm marketing analyst in health care swiss company), and I'm not sure my profile fits :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Stacey wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:

Hey ronnie,

thank you! I'll try to get this certificate.. Do you think they are very strict with proof?

My profile:
22, GMAT 700, GPA 4.97/5.00 in economics, 1.5 international experience (semester abroad & gap year working in China), german & chinese intermediate level

Though NO financial experience (I'm marketing analyst in health care swiss company), and I'm not sure my profile fits :(

There is no question of being strict or lenient. They'll believe the contents of your CV only if you provide relevant documents as proof. Simple as that.
You are a very strong candidate. International work-ex and foreign language will get you extra points.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all

I'll be sending my application package on tuesday (thank you Fedex) but I just wanted to make sure of one thing.

Can somebody confirm that, for the MBF, there is NO NEED to do the crediting application?

In that case, how does StG decide what extra courses you will have to do? Just by looking at the transcripts?

Thank you

Short bio; male, 24 years old, from Belgium. GMAT 700
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rbertosuccoo wrote:
Hello all

I'll be sending my application package on tuesday (thank you Fedex) but I just wanted to make sure of one thing.

Can somebody confirm that, for the MBF, there is NO NEED to do the crediting application?

In that case, how does StG decide what extra courses you will have to do? Just by looking at the transcripts?

Thank you

Short bio; male, 24 years old, from Belgium. GMAT 700

Hi rbertosuccoo,
As stated in my previous posts, there is no need for crediting application for MBF applications. The admissions will determine the number of required supplementary courses based on the basket solution (check website). If you have done undergrad in business or economics, you'll probably end up with no or very few supplementary courses.
Best of luck! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alright, that clears it up, thanks a lot.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys,

plz update as soon as you get some notification of st gallen regarding admission. I applied for MiQeF on march 26th. anyone has an idea how long it will take?

my profile: i am 22 from vienna, gre 770, gpa 1.3/5 in economics, studied uproad in netherlands, no relevant work exp

regards, Philipp
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
hey man,
i sent my documents (for MIQFE) today via DHl, i know it's a last moment application but i hope everything will go alright.
send me your facebook so i can add you to MIQFE group
Good luck all

Originally posted by Silver89 on 22 Apr 2012, 09:40.
Last edited by Silver89 on 22 Apr 2012, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, everyone, I think St.gallen will begin to release the offer this week. Best wishes to all of us.
I will have the APS interview next Monday. (Actually it's mandatory if Chinese students apply schools in Germany, Austria and Belguim. But HSG also requires this certificate for 2012 intake :( ) My friend got interviewed last Wednesday. When beiing asked what's your motivation to study in Germany, She answered I'm gonna to study in Switzerland for business. The interviewer smiled and answered, then it must be St.Gallen. :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hey guys,

i am applying as well to the MBF and will be submitting my application materials today. I have a question concerning the GRE and TOEFL. I took both tests last year and was not selecting St. Gallen as a recipient of my test scores. In fact, I was not picking any school back then, as I was not sure where I wanted to apply.

Recently, I read on the website, that the application will not be considered if the application is incomplete by the deadline. So if ETS does not send in the scores by April 30th, does it mean they won't consider my app? I ordered the additional test scores on Saturday (21st April).

My profile male, 24, gre Q:780, gpa 1.4/5.0, german undergrad! I will send them a copy of my scores of course, but hope they won't kill my app if my test scores don't get in by the 30th. Usually the schools ask to hand in official reports only if you get admitted. That's why I just made a stupid general assumption -.-

kind regards,
jaffna
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jaffnakid wrote:
Hey guys,

i am applying as well to the MBF and will be submitting my application materials today. I have a question concerning the GRE and TOEFL. I took both tests last year and was not selecting St. Gallen as a recipient of my test scores. In fact, I was not picking any school back then, as I was not sure where I wanted to apply.

Recently, I read on the website, that the application will not be considered if the application is incomplete by the deadline. So if ETS does not send in the scores by April 30th, does it mean they won't consider my app? I ordered the additional test scores on Saturday (21st April).

My profile male, 24, gre Q:780, gpa 1.4/5.0, german undergrad! I will send them a copy of my scores of course, but hope they won't kill my app if my test scores don't get in by the 30th. Usually the schools ask to hand in official reports only if you get admitted. That's why I just made a stupid general assumption -.-

kind regards,
jaffna

Yours is a very peculiar case. I would suggest you to contact the admissions as soon as possible. You should call them since they are taking a long time in responding to the emails.
My guess is that your score will not be accepted. Unfortunately, the application deadline is April 30, which means that no submissions will be entertained after that. But since you are submitting the unofficial scores before the deadline, HSG might show some leniency. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey ronnie thanks for replying that fast,

I tried to call them, but they just operate the telephone line from 8-11 a.m.. Therefore, I won't get a definite answer today. However, I checked the ETS website and it says the following: •Score reports will be mailed to you and to your designated institutions approximately five business days after your request.

Not being a native English speaker I do not understand if that means the score report will be reaching the school in approx. 5 days or whether they have processed my request and merely send out the report by then, meaning that shipping time in not included and has to be added on top of the aforementioned 5 business days. Since I requested on Saturday... there are 6 business days inbetween -.-
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jaffnakid wrote:
Hey ronnie thanks for replying that fast,

I tried to call them, but they just operate the telephone line from 8-11 a.m.. Therefore, I won't get a definite answer today. However, I checked the ETS website and it says the following: •Score reports will be mailed to you and to your designated institutions approximately five business days after your request.

Not being a native English speaker I do not understand if that means the score report will be reaching the school in approx. 5 days or whether they have processed my request and merely send out the report by then, meaning that shipping time in not included and has to be added on top of the aforementioned 5 business days. Since I requested on Saturday... there are 6 business days inbetween -.-

According to my interpretation, it means that ETS will dispatch scores after 5 days, it will take longer for the school to receive it. I dont trust ETS. It took me longer than usual to receive my official scores. :|
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
It took ~2-3 weeks to receive my original score. They usually dispatch it quite soon though
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeahhhh guys I will send in my application as well!

They were really nice when I called Admissions Office. She said as I was submitting hard copies it was enough to make an admission decision based on these. In case I get accepted, it was my responsibility, however, to hand in the official scores by 31st August 2012.

I would have send it in anyway, this was by far my most expensive application in my entire life :)

Besides the application material reaching the office on time, do you guys think I have chances of getting admitted?
I really do not understand their admission procedure. On the one hand it says by swiss law only 25% international students are allowed, on the other the class profile shows sth like 47% international students. Then on the website it says if you reach a certain score accoring to their scoring system a place is secured. How can a place be secured when there is a quota?

Again my profile is: 1.4/5.0 Goethe University/Frankfurt/Germany; GRE Quant 162; Assume it is an ok motivational letter and I did quite a bit of international exchanges, work exp., assume I get 2/3 of the points in those sections. I made my calculations. But not sure If I get it right -.-

Thanks guys would help me a lot. Anyone else applying last minute?

regards,
jaffnakid
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jaffnakid wrote:
yeahhhh guys I will send in my application as well!

They were really nice when I called Admissions Office. She said as I was submitting hard copies it was enough to make an admission decision based on these. In case I get accepted, it was my responsibility, however, to hand in the official scores by 31st August 2012.

I would have send it in anyway, this was by far my most expensive application in my entire life :)

Besides the application material reaching the office on time, do you guys think I have chances of getting admitted?
I really do not understand their admission procedure. On the one hand it says by swiss law only 25% international students are allowed, on the other the class profile shows sth like 47% international students. Then on the website it says if you reach a certain score accoring to their scoring system a place is secured. How can a place be secured when there is a quota?

Again my profile is: 1.4/5.0 Goethe University/Frankfurt/Germany; GRE Quant 162; Assume it is an ok motivational letter and I did quite a bit of international exchanges, work exp., assume I get 2/3 of the points in those sections. I made my calculations. But not sure If I get it right -.-

Thanks guys would help me a lot. Anyone else applying last minute?

regards,
jaffnakid

I think the cap (25%) is on the total number of students at the University. Of course, the bachelors and some other (not very popular) masters program will have lesser number of international students. Therefore, the university is able to accommodate greater number of internationals in the popular programs such as MBF and SIM.~That's my Guess~
I'm not qualified enough to evaluate your chances as Adcoms usually look at a number of factors. I have a low GPA and your 1.4/5 also seems to be on a lower side. We're on the same boat. Cheers! 8-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[/quote]
I think the cap (25%) is on the total number of students at the University. Of course, the bachelors and some other (not very popular) masters program will have lesser number of international students. Therefore, the university is able to accommodate greater number of internationals in the popular programs such as MBF and SIM.~That's my Guess~
I'm not qualified enough to evaluate your chances as Adcoms usually look at a number of factors. I have a low GPA and your 1.4/5 also seems to be on a lower side. We're on the same boat. Cheers! 8-)[/quote]

hey ronnie,

that sounds like a good explanation to me concerning the 25% cap. To me it seems like HSG puts a lot of attention to test scores. it is kind of ironic that learning a couple of months for a standardised test is more important than your entire undergraduate degree. But well on the other hand institutions cannot be compared that easily. I attained my undergrad in germany. the scoring works the other way around.

Btw ronnie you have a very strong profile 800 GRE (quant only i assume) and 2.5y work exp. You get the total 50 points in the test score part and there is only 35 points to gain with your undergrad. Then you have workexp. / have lived in cultures "other than the German one"... What is your official HSG status?

I'll give you guys an update as soon as I have a HSG status!

regards,
jaffnakid
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts