Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 03:00 It is currently 08 May 2024, 03:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28609 [1]
Given Kudos: 130
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28609 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Re: GMAT on 1st of June; Feeling petrified and hopeless [#permalink]
Expert Reply
harishkunal wrote:
Thank you Magoosh for your help. Just when I thought I wasn't gonna get any reply, you entered :)

I took GMATPrep Test - 2 this morning. I secured 480 (31 Q; 25 V); the review list then showed that I answered 17 incorrect questions in Quant and 22 in Verbal. (I don't understand). I am trying to solve questions from the OG. I have 32 hours until the exam and I plan to utilize it wisely.

I could also use any last minute tips from your side. Also, could I find any link explaining the GMAT scoring system, I am aware that its adaptive, but does it take any other factor into consideration?

Dear Harish,

First of all, on the CAT, you may find this article helpful.
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/computeriz ... mat-score/

Here's an article about when to guess and when to skip, which you may find helpful:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/guessing-a ... -the-gmat/

Here's an article about the level of understanding for which to strive:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/understand ... rformance/

Other than those, you might peruse that blog (https://magoosh.com/gmat/) and glean what you can from the other articles.

I hope that helps. Best of luck to you, and let us know if you have any other last minute questions.

Mike :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
harishkunal wrote:
Thank you Magoosh for your help. Just when I thought I wasn't gonna get any reply, you entered :)

I took GMATPrep Test - 2 this morning. I secured 480 (31 Q; 25 V); the review list then showed that I answered 17 incorrect questions in Quant and 22 in Verbal. (I don't understand)

I am trying to solve questions from the OG. I have 32 hours until the exam and I plan to utilize it wisely.

I could also use any last minute tips from your side.

Also, could I find any link explaining the GMAT scoring system, I am aware that its adaptive, but does it take any other factor into consideration?

Thanks and regards,
Harish Kunal

Do not study today. Just relax and take the test tomorrow to see how it goes. I personally would not cancel the score no matter what, so you can take it again another time and do better on it.

You asked about headphones and earplugs. They are provided at the test center. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I had my test on 19th may here in US but since i am not citizen, I had to present my passport. They checked only passport, no other form of id. Also, I didn't carry appointment printout . They had all my information in their system.
I called them about a week before my test just to be sure that passport was required.
We get 8 mins break after awa; it seems sufficient but try to be back within 6 mins or so.
Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
sengarmahi wrote:
I had my test on 19th may here in US but since i am not citizen, I had to present my passport. They checked only passport, no other form of id. Also, I didn't carry appointment printout . They had all my information in their system.
I called them about a week before my test just to be sure that passport was required.
We get 8 mins break after awa; it seems sufficient but try to be back within 6 mins or so.
Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device

Excellent point. Breaks are shorter than we perceive them to be.
GMAT Club Bot