Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
MrEmmeBi wrote:
And I think we're not even allowed to take electives during the first semester, since on the website it says that electives are to be taken during the second and third semester..This would further increase the number of exams to be taken during the second and third semester!There's got to be something wrong in my count..

As far as i know, one is allowed to study optionals in the first semester( otherwise there will be no bidding for first semester students).
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
I don't know about MBF, but a friend who's a current SIM student mentioned that it's a lot easier at HSG compared to Cambridge where he finished his bachelor's degree.

By the way, when are you guys planning to book housing?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I hope we're allowed to take electives during the first semester, although I think letting international students bid for exams in August while they don't even know what bidding is, is pretty stupid..
I have to graduate first, and then I'll be looking for housing, next month probably..

By the way, what is the next step?I mean, do we have to fill some kind of form online/pay the fee for the first semester by a certain deadline?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
I don't know about MBF, but a friend who's a current SIM student mentioned that it's a lot easier at HSG compared to Cambridge where he finished his bachelor's degree.

Hey sk8e,
Wassup with your SIM application?
I don't have a place as of yet, planning to search from next month.

Originally posted by ronnie987 on 08 Jun 2012, 03:50.
Last edited by ronnie987 on 08 Jun 2012, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V35 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
Send PM
MrEmmeBi wrote:
I hope we're allowed to take electives during the first semester, although I think letting international students bid for exams in August while they don't even know what bidding is, is pretty stupid..
I have to graduate first, and then I'll be looking for housing, next month probably..

By the way, what is the next step?I mean, do we have to fill some kind of form online/pay the fee for the first semester by a certain deadline?

@MrEmmeBi - Next step would be to pay the tuition for first semester. Note that you won't be able to bid for subjects if you don't pay tuition on time, the billing process at the HSG seems very slow so I'd suggest paying the fees as soon as you can.

Cheers!
Pradeep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pradeepskunwar wrote:
MrEmmeBi wrote:

@MrEmmeBi - Next step would be to pay the tuition for first semester. Note that you won't be able to bid for subjects if you don't pay tuition on time, the billing process at the HSG seems very slow so I'd suggest paying the fees as soon as you can.

Cheers!
Pradeep

Yeah, but when is the deadline, how much do I have to pay and how? :-D
Is there anywhere I can read all of these info?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
sk8e wrote:

Hey sk8e,

Hi ronnie

My case is quite strange. For two days I had a status of nicht zugelassen, but later it changed to zugelassen mit Vorbehalt. Now I am sure that I have made it due to some other reasons, however, I'am still waiting for the letter.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
sk8e wrote:

Hey sk8e,

Hi ronnie

My case is quite strange. For two days I had a status of nicht zugelassen, but later it changed to zugelassen mit Vorbehalt. Now I am sure that I have made it due to some other reasons, however, I'am still waiting for the letter.

@sk8e,
In my opinion, you are through. It seems adcom changed its mind after 2 days.
I have been admitted on 1st May and I'm still awaiting the admission letter through post. But I have received the electronic confirmation. I hope that you don't have to wait this long for the letter.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ronnie...this might be a really stupid question but how did you figure out what supplementary courses you've been assigned. I've only gotten an admissions letter through email but it didnt mention any supplementary courses. where on the service portal website are we supposed to go?

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sidd90x wrote:
@ronnie...this might be a really stupid question but how did you figure out what supplementary courses you've been assigned. I've only gotten an admissions letter through email but it didnt mention any supplementary courses. where on the service portal website are we supposed to go?

thanks

You don't have to figure it out. It's mentioned in a letter you get along with your admission letter. If you haven't received it, you will get it very soon. (Maybe adcom has not yet ascertained the number of supplementary courses you have to complete)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, I need some help with the German language, since I can't understand what documents I have to submit by the end of August..
In the Service Portal I can see I have to sumbit the following:
-Reifezeugnis im Original: Matura bzw. anderer Zulassungsausweis.. Is it the high school leaving certificate?
-Ausstehende Noten: no idea here
-Erworbener Abschluss im Original: degree certificate?
-Erworbener Abschluss in Kopie: copy of the degree certificate? :D

Thanks for your help
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Guys, I ve heard about that new website duolingo and all the hype going on about it. I am thinking about starting learning some basic German. Think should be useful ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MrEmmeBi wrote:
Guys, I need some help with the German language, since I can't understand what documents I have to submit by the end of August..
-Reifezeugnis im Original: Matura bzw. anderer Zulassungsausweis.. Is it the high school leaving certificate?

Thanks for your help

@mREmmeBi - try this link: https://serviceportal.unisg.ch/Download ... Status.pdf
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MrEmmeBi wrote:
pradeepskunwar wrote:
MrEmmeBi wrote:

Cheers!
Pradeep

Thanks

@MrEmmeBi- You must have received an invoice along with your admission letter. That invoice has all the details you need i.e. deadline/amount/mode of payment etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Guys, do you know how their GPA points are distributed according to the U.S 0-4.00 scale GPA ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pradeepskunwar wrote:
MrEmmeBi wrote:
pradeepskunwar wrote:

Cheers!
Pradeep

Thanks

@MrEmmeBi- You must have received an invoice along with your admission letter. That invoice has all the details you need i.e. deadline/amount/mode of payment etc.

Problem is I haven't received it!I have just received the admission letter without any other info..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pradeepskunwar wrote:
MrEmmeBi wrote:

Thanks for your help

@mREmmeBi - try this link: https://serviceportal.unisg.ch/Download ... Status.pdf

Thanks for the link!

What does Grades still outstanding mean? :\
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts