Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
kineiton wrote:
Hi all,
pretty cool to find some people also accepted for the mbf program. My profile: Im chilean, studied in the US (NYU Stern) and did internships in several european countries (germany, switzerland and spain) and fortunately got accepted 2 weeks ago with a GMAT of 710. Afterwards, i am planning to work in europa (probably germany or switzerland). My german level is between mediocre and good id say, and i will definitely try to improve it during the time in switzerland.

Quote:
And again, does anyone know what Grades still outstanding mean?Does it mean exams at the universities still outstanding?!But if I have to send them a degree certificate, doesn't that suppose you don't have any exams left?

May be i can help. Do you mean the notifications in red color in the serviceportal (serviceportal.unisg.ch)? Do not worry about that, they would send you an email if anything was missing. But anyways, just call the admissions office, they are very kind.

Anyone else from latin america in the forum? havent read all the other pages.. :oops:

Very nice background, congrats!

I guess I'm among the youngest here, and I'm probably the only one without a work experience :?
I come from Italy, I moved to Milan to study for the undergraduate in Economics and Finance at Bocconi University, where I'm about to graduate, and I'll be in St Gallen in September :)
I'm 21..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hey guys,

I thought I'll give an update on my affairs. I got admitted (zugelassen mit Vorbehalt) in May, however, I was neither informed about the decision by E-Mail nor by mail. I found out thorugh the HSG Service Portal. Few documents were missing (Original Degree certificates ect.). About a month later I finally received a letter of admission along with a list of supplementary courses that I have to complete within the first year of my studies.

Among them are: Microeconomics III and Empirical Economic Research (A total of 12 credits).
Thereafter, I sent in my original documents and the status in the HSG Service Portal changed to "definitiv zugelassen".

My profile:
I did my undergraduate in Germany, Goethe University in Frankfurt. Then I went to Chicago to participate in a year-long volunteer programme with the elderly people and just to travel a bit. I came back to Germany and did/am doing a half-year internship in Corporate Finance. So I am a little bit older than average hehe, I am 24. I'll be on leave during July and August prior to the start in St. Gallen. Originally I am from Sri Lanka :)

Housing:
Right now I do not have a clou where and how I am going to find housing. I plan to travel several times to St. Gallen during July and August. If anyone is interested to establish a living community, feel free to let me know. I think the best way to find affordable yet a pleasant place to live is by renting a full apartment and then sharing it with 2 or max. 3 other students. There are a lot of advantages that way. If you guys are interested we could meet up there and visit a few apartments.

Questions remaining:
- Did you guys receive a seperate letter stating the payment procedure of tution fees?
- Where can I read more about the bidding process for courses?
- Does anyone else has to take the same supplementary courses as I do?

Yours sincerely
Jaffnakid
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
The new FT-ranking for pre-experience finance masters is out now and I can only congratulate all of you who decided to stick with St.Gallen!
https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-finance-pre-experience-2012
From 12th to 5th is very impressive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

my friend who was also accepted to MBF has made a facebook group for our intake. Its name is HSG MBF 2012. There will be lots of topics to talk about (e.g. accomodation, bidding etc.), please join us since it is much more convenient to talk there.

I've been to St.Gallen last week, the city is beautiful and everybody is really nice, so I advise all of you to go there ASAP and get a feeling about it. :)

Greg
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jaffnakid wrote:
Questions remaining:
- Did you guys receive a seperate letter stating the payment procedure of tution fees?

Yours sincerely
Jaffnakid

Hi Jaffnakid,

I have received the admission letter, but no fee invoice yet, so I guess they come in different letters, though some guys have already received them both..
But I asked to receive a scan image of the fee invoice and they've sent it through email!
No idea about the bidding process, I myself have asked about it here :)

kosageri wrote:
Hey guys,

my friend who was also accepted to MBF has made a facebook group for our intake. Its name is HSG MBF 2012. There will be lots of topics to talk about (e.g. accomodation, bidding etc.), please join us since it is much more convenient to talk there.

I've been to St.Gallen last week, the city is beautiful and everybody is really nice, so I advise all of you to go there ASAP and get a feeling about it. :)

Greg

Could you link the facebook group?Even in PM..I can't find it, I've just found a group made by the university, but it only has one member and they won't accept me in the group :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MrEmmeBi wrote:
jaffnakid wrote:
Questions remaining:

Yours sincerely
Jaffnakid

Hi Jaffnakid,

I have received the admission letter, but no fee invoice yet, so I guess they come in different letters, though some guys have already received them both..
But I asked to receive a scan image of the fee invoice and they've sent it through email!

kosageri wrote:
Hey guys,

Greg

Could you link the facebook group?Even in PM..I can't find it, I've just found a group made by the university, but it only has one member and they won't accept me in the group :?

According to the system administrator I have to post at least for five times before I colud attach links, so this is my second post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kosageri wrote:
MrEmmeBi wrote:
jaffnakid wrote:
Questions remaining:

Yours sincerely
Jaffnakid

Hi Jaffnakid,

kosageri wrote:
Hey guys,

Greg

According to the system administrator I have to post at least for five times before I colud attach links, so this is my second post.

The third.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The fourth.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kosageri wrote:
The fourth.

The fifth.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
And finally, here is the link to our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195378360587772/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kosageri wrote:
And finally, here is the link to our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195378360587772/

hahah!Got it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I have just received an email from HSG stating that I have been shortlisted for the scholarship program. I have to make an application to fight for the final reward. Has anyone else received such an e-mail?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
If you guys login into ServicePortal then you'll find all the information about the bidding process.
Another question: I still did not receive an invoice for the semester fees. How do you pay them? Is there a procedure described at the HSG website?

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jaffnakid wrote:
If you guys login into ServicePortal then you'll find all the information about the bidding process.
Another question: I still did not receive an invoice for the semester fees. How do you pay them? Is there a procedure described at the HSG website?

Regards

You should request the zulassung for the invoice. And you can check the amount due on the service portal. Go to my personal data>>account statement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jaffnakid wrote:

Regards

:) yes just as ronnie says, you could ask the admission office to send you the invoice and the amount is shown in your serviceportal.
The details about the beneficiary's bank account is the same when you pay your application fee. If you need, I could send you PM.

Regards,
Bosen
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, reading the earlier posts, I see that some of you have gotten an opportunity for a scholarship. I've got it too. Just curios as to how many people actually got the scholarship opportunity or is it that we all get that e-mail? Any ways, losing my mind about the housing. Is any one interested in sharing an apartment? I found a few places myself but I'm really not sure how close they are to the university. Also, I don't speak German causing a bit of a problem as I can tell. How are you guys going about the housing and lodging?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
IceColdVendetta wrote:
Hey guys, reading the earlier posts, I see that some of you have gotten an opportunity for a scholarship. I've got it too. Just curios as to how many people actually got the scholarship opportunity or is it that we all get that e-mail? Any ways, losing my mind about the housing. Is any one interested in sharing an apartment? I found a few places myself but I'm really not sure how close they are to the university. Also, I don't speak German causing a bit of a problem as I can tell. How are you guys going about the housing and lodging?

I too have been shortlisted for the scholarship, which is meant for intl students. A total of 20 students have been shortlisted for the single grant. It will be extremely competitive. I predict luck to be playing a pivotal role as only 1 candidate out of 20 will make the cut.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts