Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 22:39 It is currently 19 May 2024, 22:39
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Detail: MBA admissions help
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2000
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - Financial analyst tech sector 710 [#permalink]
A few points:

Becoming a senior in 3 years at the Big 4 isn't really an accomplishment, is it? Doesn't it normally go Audit 2, Audit 1, Senior in the first 3 years (unless you're terrible)? I mean, assuming you're a CA/CPA, it's still good - but it's not going to set you apart from the throngs of other Big 4 audit people looking for an MBA. Your work at the startup seems pretty HR/training/operations oriented. The financial modeling/valuation (depending on how you define valuation) could be a leg up though.

Your biggest hurdle will be going into IBD. Your background in accounting could help but I know lots of people with similar profiles that wanted IBD or Equity Research and ended up in a mid-30/40s ranked school doing corporate finance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hypermeganet wrote:
A few points:

Becoming a senior in 3 years at the Big 4 isn't really an accomplishment, is it? Doesn't it normally go Audit 2, Audit 1, Senior in the first 3 years (unless you're terrible)? I mean, assuming you're a CA/CPA, it's still good - but it's not going to set you apart from the throngs of other Big 4 audit people looking for an MBA. Your work at the startup seems pretty HR/training/operations oriented. The financial modeling/valuation (depending on how you define valuation) could be a leg up though.

Your biggest hurdle will be going into IBD. Your background in accounting could help but I know lots of people with similar profiles that wanted IBD or Equity Research and ended up in a mid-30/40s ranked school doing corporate finance.

Your right becoming a senior after 3 years is not a big accomplishment but I became senior after 1 year because I received two promotions in the same year. My role at the start-up was to develop the international financial operations. I worked on an acquisition we made in Sweden which involved valuation (discounted cash flow method over 10 years which was complex given most of the value was in the IP), I developed the transfer pricing policy strategy which will save millions over the next 3 years, manage the reporting for several entities, currently preparing the company for IPO on Nasdaq (within 36 months) etc. I also had the opportunity to travel in a couple European countries to setup entities and infrastructure for the company. Managing, directing and training people is part of any leadership position so I don't know where your comment is coming from to say my role is mainly HR.
I know people with CFAs and CPAs that ended up in mid 30s school and top 10 as well so I don't understand that comment suggesting I will end up in top 30-40s schools.
GMAT Club Bot