Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Are you aware if these accepted folks are from an assessment day held in July or August?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 219 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
I have applied in R4 as well. Anyone else got calls for interview? Any idea how many seats are filled ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
imd2013 wrote:
many got in R3
Hi everyone
Is anyone from Netherlands joining. Please le me kno

Hey IMD2013,

You seem to be saying that almost everyone got accepted R3! Could you share more details about that?

From one deleted post you were stating that some rumors was spreading about the low number of applications this year due to the swiss franc! Please share any data you might have as it could be very informative for any prospect applicants...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 219 [0]
Send PM
Does IMD send a regret letter to applicants who are rejected or is no response assumed to be rejection ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: IMD '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
They send the letters for waitlist and ding; call for offer. :)

PS oops, just noticed the question is more related to the first part, application consideration. For application feedback promised expectations are 3-6 weeks I believe.

pawan82 wrote:
Does IMD send a regret letter to applicants who are rejected or is no response assumed to be rejection ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R3 Applicant; offered a place on the waitlist. :-( Worst day of my life.

Do we have any folks here who are in a similar situation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 3.65
WE:Brand Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hi. I am applying in R5. Is it a solo flight or is there anyone on this forum who is also an R5?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Anybody who applied for August 1st round received interview call? I submitted my application a couple of days before the August 1st deadline; I have not heard from IMD thus far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
To Hashbash

I have just submitted the application for Round 5. I do believe there will not be many applicants, taking into account almost obsessive stand of IMD on the class diversity and good fit to the rest of the class. It seems that at this stage it is more about how different your profile is from the rest, rather than your capabilities.
Might be wrong though, will see on the interview day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 3.65
WE:Brand Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
To SwissNomad,

Best of luck. Hope we meet on interview day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
From what I can tell, IMD seems consistent with its strategy of accepting 15-20 applicants each round. In R5 it might be some gap filling which could certainly be at your advantages or disavantages depending on your profile (nationality but also work experience, age, background ...). However, IMD puts lot of emphasis on the employability of the candidate so a strong profile will still catch their attention no matter his background, they will manage to find a seat for him!

My two cents,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just to share......
What I struggle to grasp in IMD selction logic is such a strong quota on nationality (at least it is what I understood from the posts I have read on this thread). Taking into account, that many people who apply for IMD, work outside of their home countries, would the diversity in cultural/market exposure be a more relevant factor than Nationality per se? For example, I have worked in 6 countries in the last 9 years and have no work experience in my country of birth and very limited cultural exposure to it. Why would my nationality play any role at all in a selection process?
We live in such a mobile and diverse world that nationality cannot, by any means, be a reliable variable in determining person`s thinking process or cultural peculiarities.
p.s good luck to all applying for Round 5 and if you get an invite for interview, let me know if you have any questions on what to do/where to stay in Lausanne during your stay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To SwissNomad , Hashbash

I'm also in for R5. Submitted my application.

Any clue by when they start sending interview details ?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Swissnomad,

Maybe some marketing there. They want to highlight the diversity of the class and what clear benchmark could be used instead of the number of nationalities (by the way 46 for 2012). However, I do think that they have a flexibility in the selection in terms of nationality. They certainly don't have any quota saying "we need 4 Swiss this year" for instance. Another parameter they use I felt was the work experience, don't forget that their reputation rely tremendiously on their good placements, so I think they really try to diversify the background, work experience and career goal of the participants as much as possible to ease the placements post-MBA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To NS1234,
My understanding is that it is roughly 3 weeks after the deadline. So you would be looking at the end of September.

To mazwaz,
you are probably right- it does sound like a "claim exercise". I provided them with all my nationalities. Adcom can pick the one they find the most appealing for the claim composition of the group:)
By the way, does anyone know how many Australians have been admitted for 2013 or where I can look it up? FB page shows only 40 odd students for 2013 and is hard to see where these people are from.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
SwissNomad wrote:
(...)
By the way, does anyone know how many Australians have been admitted for 2013 or where I can look it up?(...)

Hi,
I know of at least one: myself :)
I am not aware of any easy way to get hold of the nationalities of those already admitted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
noinpac wrote:
SwissNomad wrote:
(...)
By the way, does anyone know how many Australians have been admitted for 2013 or where I can look it up?(...)

Hi,
I know of at least one: myself :)
I am not aware of any easy way to get hold of the nationalities of those already admitted.

Gday, you are not in FMCG NPD, are you:)? Otherwise, I can safely plan for holidays around late Sept:). Out of curiosity, why all the way from Oz? Keen to know your background, so will know what to focus on during the interview (if I even get one, taking account that all my nationalities are now represented).

Thanks a million for sharing...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts