Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
I'm stuck in meetings for most of the day...whomp...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
I called the admissions office this morning and the person on the phone said that they are still working on Consortium applicants. She said that decisions would probably go out at the end of the week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
danjohn4real wrote:
I called the admissions office this morning and the person on the phone said that they are still working on Consortium applicants. She said that decisions would probably go out at the end of the week.

As Liz Lemon says: "what the what!"

https://www.nbc.com/30-rock/video/sht-liz-lemon-says/1381121/

I guess limbo is better than ding at this point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
danjohn4real wrote:

Thanks for calling and finding out for us. Until the weekend.

-JAR
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.42
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
"Probably go out at the end of the week" ? What a vague answser.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
So I got into Tepper. The admission letter says the deposit is due Feb 15th....a month before the fellowships are announced. Is this a solid date? Does this apply to Consortium applicants?? If so that's not fair! :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I have been accepted by Darden!!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
I just received the email. I am so happy. Since they didn't call, I thought I was being waitlisted or rejected. I am so happy and thankful to God.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted as well!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Bookmarks
So I've been hearing some interesting things from multiple people.-- that schools DO indeed know your rankings for admissions purposes and some will give you less chance of getting in based upon your rankings. For instance, I've heard that Tuck needs to be #1, Berk/NYU/Yale all like to be top 3 and that Ross is ranking blind for profile evaluation purposes.

I know we were originally told to not turn this into a game theory type of thing but hearing this makes me a little nervous and wondering if I may doom myself by putting my preferred/reach schools at the top :(

Also, if you are rejected from your top 2, does your #3 become you #1 pick in terms of the fellowship draft? Can anyone put some realistic paint on this picture?: )
Manager
Manager
Send PM
s8248 wrote:
Admitted as well!

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
So I've been hearing some interesting things from multiple people.-- that schools DO indeed know your rankings for admissions purposes and some will give you less chance of getting in based upon your rankings. For instance, I've heard that Tuck needs to be #1, Berk/NYU/Yale all like to be top 3 and that Ross is ranking blind for profile evaluation purposes.

I know we were originally told to not turn this into a game theory type of thing but hearing this makes me a little nervous and wondering if I may doom myself by putting my preferred/reach schools at the top :(

Also, if you are rejected from your top 2, does your #3 become you #1 pick in terms of the fellowship draft? Can anyone put some realistic paint on this picture?: )

I have heard several variations of most of the things you said above. As for your last question, you are spot on. If you are rejected from your top 2, your #3 THEN becomes your #1 pick in terms of the fellowship draft.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
WE:Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
In at Darden, also! :) I just got an email around 12:16 am :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
danjohn4real wrote:
I have been accepted by Darden!!!!!!

Congratulations! So happy to see this. I remember you from last year and I am glad you got into a great school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
danjohn4real wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:

I have heard several variations of most of the things you said above. As for your last question, you are spot on. If you are rejected from your top 2, your #3 THEN becomes your #1 pick in terms of the fellowship draft.

id love to hear what variations and conspiracy theories/truths youve found jhaha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got in as well. Got the phone call last night, unfortunately I was in a hearing and couldn't answer my phone. But they left an awesome voice mail and then got the email about midnight. Congrats to everyone else who got in as well.

-JAR
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
danjohn4real wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:

id love to hear what variations and conspiracy theories/truths youve found jhaha

This is my variation :-D . I was at one of my consortium schools some weeks ago and asked an admissions person there about rankings and she confirmed that they see the rankings before admissions decision is made. She said there are plans (I think from Consortium) to update the process so they don't see rankings in applications anymore but she's not sure when that's going to happen. She also made it clear that how you rank schools matter a lot and advised we plan accordingly before ranking.After submitting my app on 15th , I saw one of my schools copied over my "other schools" from Consortium application and ranked them exactly how I ranked in Consortium application (coincidence ?)

I have no idea about what works in case your top choice rejects you etc but there is a link on consortium homepage (news archives) where I saw the following (I hope this helps):
"We go around the table and each school goes through their first-round applicants and will say, 'We offer fellowships to six, and we pass on these two,'" explains Aranda. "The first-choice school has the first right of refusal. So if a school passes on an applicant in any round, then another school can pick the applicant in a later round."

Source : https://management.fortune.cnn.com/2011/04/22/the-20-million-mba-draft/
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts