Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:25 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Marketing (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Have any January round international applicants received Tuck-initiated invites yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bigcountry wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:
I saw the "thanks for your interest in Tuck" line and was like, "early ding. great."

The wait is killing me and I applied in the January round. So much longer! AHH!

+1

+1
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:
I saw the "thanks for your interest in Tuck" line and was like, "early ding. great."

Sorry, does this mean "already received a Ding letter for Round 2?"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
Thousands wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

Sorry, does this mean "already received a Ding letter for Round 2?"

No. It was an email confirming they received my official GMAT scores, even though I sent them back in November.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Eagerly waiting for results now. Tuck has been my topmost choice ever since I started researching. Hopefully some light at the end of tunnel after this long wait.

Best to all fellow R1 applicants :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:

Can EA round admits/dings confirm the logic behind this email ? Does this email mean a ding and the reverse, not receiving this mean an admit/waitlist ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
JAGGnNoida wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

Can EA round admits/dings confirm the logic behind this email ? Does this email mean a ding and the reverse, not receiving this mean an admit/waitlist ?

You people need to actually read the responses from about a page before because this was an email CONFIRMING TUCK'S RECEIPT OF MY GMAT SCORES.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Did most other applicants receive a response to the "Thank You" email/letter sent to your interviewer after the interview?

I often tend to read way too far into these little things which likely hold very little meaning but was just curious.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Did most other applicants receive a response to the "Thank You" email/letter sent to your interviewer after the interview?

I often tend to read way too far into these little things which likely hold very little meaning but was just curious.

I didn't get one. Sent one to the admissions director and interviewer. The guy interviewed like 8 people that day alone so I can imagine he was swamped, too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
bschoolapps2012 wrote:
Have any January round international applicants received Tuck-initiated invites yet?

i have the same question. anyone have any clue?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

I sent notes to my interviewer, tour guide and a current student who introduced himself to me in the hallways, and received messages back from the 'TG' and 'adhoc' but not the interviewer. She was, however, one of the first to congratulate me on being accepted to Tuck when the time came.

So don't think too much into it...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

I know it's proper to send a thank you note after an interview, but do you think it really matters in these cases, since they interview so many and probably get deluged with notes? I plan to email my interviewer, but I was surprised to see that others of you are also emailing the admissions people and others. Just curious if people are doing it to be better safe than sorry, or if anyone knows that it definitely matters.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
dvanrip wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

I sent notes to my interviewer, tour guide and a current student who introduced himself to me in the hallways, and received messages back from the 'TG' and 'adhoc' but not the interviewer. She was, however, one of the first to congratulate me on being accepted to Tuck when the time came.

So don't think too much into it...

Thanks dvanrip! Hard not to let all these little things worry you but that is certainly encouraging.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [3]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
suecone8 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

I know it's proper to send a thank you note after an interview, but do you think it really matters in these cases, since they interview so many and probably get deluged with notes? I plan to email my interviewer, but I was surprised to see that others of you are also emailing the admissions people and others. Just curious if people are doing it to be better safe than sorry, or if anyone knows that it definitely matters.

I would recommend not fretting and fawning too much over the content of the thank you note. It is common courtesy to send one, and common sense to keep it short. The easiest way to look at it is by putting yourself in your interviewer's shoes. Would you really care that much whether an applicant you interviewed sent you a thank you note or not? Personally, I know I wouldn't. During the course of the interview, I would have made my mind up about her/him as a potential student of my school, and would have sent my report soon after as well. The applicant's thank you note would not cause me to change my decision about her/him.
Moral of the story - Send one in, if only to calm yourself, but keep it as short and to-the-point as possible. DO NOT use it as an opportunity to further your candidacy and add some more points about how awesome you are. It may be true, but at that point, it doesn't matter.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
MBAWanderlust
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [1]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
MBAWanderlust wrote:
The applicant's thank you note would not cause me to change my decision about her/him.
Moral of the story - Send one in, if only to calm yourself, but keep it as short and to-the-point as possible. DO NOT use it as an opportunity to further your candidacy and add some more points about how awesome you are. It may be true, but at that point, it doesn't matter.

Just think of it as good manners. I sent thank you notes for all the job interviews I had during undergrad even though they had no bearing on the outcome.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

Wrote a thank you note to my Skype interviewer back in December. Didn't get a reply. But I guess that is normal.

For the November round decision release, was expecting an email from the admissions reminding of the "one week countdown" as they did for Early Action applicants. Looks like they have taken the feedback from the applicants and stopped the practice.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

I did write one to my interviewer back in November, and he replied back within few minutes. I think it all depends on who you interview with and what kind of connection you have with your interviewer.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts