Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 796 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink]
Had my interview this morning with Brad. It was fairly straightforward, with him mentioning in the beginning that he didn't really have any 'trick' questions for me :-D

Most of the questions he had for me were centered around my change of industry. I moved from IT Consulting to Marketing, so he asked about why I made the change, what I've gained out of it, what my family and friends thought when I was making the change and if I'm happy with where I am now. Apart from that he asked me about how I did my research for schools I want to apply to, what got me interested in the Kelley MBA, what I hope to gain out of it and where I see myself after the MBA.

This went on for about 15-18 mins, and the rest of the time was dedicated to answering any questions I had.

In the end he explained about what the next steps would be and mentioned that I can expect to hear from them by mid March.

It was pretty much a blind interview. Do remember to carry a hard copy of your resume to the interview, it will be easier for the interviewer to take notes and figure out what on your resume needs more explanation.

Good luck to the rest of you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
thanks peejay for sharing your experience!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Let me begin by saying that IU is a beautiful campus and I am in love with it. Bloomington is a neat little college town with tons of offer; especially great ethnic food, cheap cost of living, etc. I really hope I get in because Kelley is a great personal and professional fit for me.

I had my in-person interview with a 2nd year student at 2pm on 1/25/13. He was nice and very polite. I was asked - to walk through my resume, why b-school, why Kelley, and why now. In addition, I was asked - how do I solve a complex problem and then was asked to give a follow-up example, what would my supervisor say my strengths are, a time when I had taken a big risk (I wasn't very prepared for this one), and definition of a leader (I stumbled upon a few words but hopefully he got my point). In the end I was given 5-7 mins to ask questions. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. Two first year students gave me a tour of the building and explained to me in great depths why they appreciate Kelley so much, and honestly it all made sense and seemed genuine.

Kelley has a great culture and an extremely helpful set of students, staff, and faculty. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that I make it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
peejay wrote:
Had my interview this morning with Brad. It was fairly straightforward, with him mentioning in the beginning that he didn't really have any 'trick' questions for me :-D

Most of the questions he had for me were centered around my change of industry. I moved from IT Consulting to Marketing, so he asked about why I made the change, what I've gained out of it, what my family and friends thought when I was making the change and if I'm happy with where I am now. Apart from that he asked me about how I did my research for schools I want to apply to, what got me interested in the Kelley MBA, what I hope to gain out of it and where I see myself after the MBA.

This went on for about 15-18 mins, and the rest of the time was dedicated to answering any questions I had.

In the end he explained about what the next steps would be and mentioned that I can expect to hear from them by mid March.

It was pretty much a blind interview. Do remember to carry a hard copy of your resume to the interview, it will be easier for the interviewer to take notes and figure out what on your resume needs more explanation.

Awesome brother.. thanks for the feedback.. much appreciated..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I interviewed this morning with Brad in Mumbai.

As Peejay mentioned, it was indeed a very straightforward interview. 3 open ended questions that took 20 mins : professional growth so far, how did you plan for an MBA and career goals. Then 5 mins for my questions.

Very relaxed interview. All the best everyone

FYI.....I asked him ( why did i??) as to how many interviews he is conducting in India. He said about 10-12 per day, which means that the 7 days he is in India, he would have conducted around 75 interviews.
Phew!! Speak of the competition!!

One tip: Try to keep your answers short. I sometimes felt I was blabbering and spoke too much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
zpotm wrote:

As Peejay mentioned, it was indeed a very straightforward interview. 3 open ended questions that took 20 mins : professional growth so far, how did you plan for an MBA and career goals. Then 5 mins for my questions.

FYI.....I asked him ( why did i??) as to how many interviews he is conducting in India. He said about 10-12 per day, which means that the 7 days he is in India, he would have conducted around 75 interviews.

One tip: Try to keep your answers short. I sometimes felt I was blabbering and spoke too much.

Quite a competition!! Thanks for sharing your experience. Really helpful.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aalriy wrote:
peejay wrote:

ummm. That would be 'sister' :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm interviewing soon.. Good that he intends to keep the interview that short!!

zpotm wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by aalriy on 30 Jan 2013, 00:59.
Last edited by aalriy on 30 Jan 2013, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 796 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Apologies!! Sister!! :)

peejay wrote:
aalriy wrote:
peejay wrote:

ummm. That would be 'sister' :lol:

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
jxcho wrote:
Just got my interview invitation today! I submitted late (Jan 16) but they squeezed me into Round 2. Look forward to flying out to Bloomington for my interview. :)

Congruts! Still waiting to hear from them.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
nyama wrote:
jxcho wrote:
Just got my interview invitation today! I submitted late (Jan 16) but they squeezed me into Round 2. Look forward to flying out to Bloomington for my interview. :)

Congruts! Still waiting to hear from them.

does anyone know when they start handing out dings? Do they have specific dates for final interview invites, etc?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I interviewed with Brad today at Delhi. Post the basic questions, your career, why MBA, why Kelley, etc., we both started about the personality of Kelley school. First I talked at great length about what is important to me and then he talked a lot about his own personal experience at Kelley and his interview/performance appraisal etc. there. We then switched to life at Kelley and he told me about the clubs he likes and the sports he enjoys. Talked about the Broadway scene and the Indy race. Finally, he turned out to be a foodie and we discussed the various restaurants he likes and his all favorite chicken tikka masala pizza. Cant say if it went well or not but it was a nice and fun conversation with a like minded person.

Best of luck to everyone else. P.S. major traffic problems in Delhi these days so keep a 100% travel time buffer. I just barely made it today.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Now here's something weird. I just got a mail from the Admissions Services Coordinator that my essays weren't received with my application, and I was asked to send them in again! Just wondering what they based the interview invites on :shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
peejay wrote:
Now here's something weird. I just got a mail from the Admissions Services Coordinator that my essays weren't received with my application, and I was asked to send them in again! Just wondering what they based the interview invites on :shock:

Welcome to the world of weird. Carlson (UMinnesota), sent me an email the other day, saying thank you for submitting your gmat scores! I never sent them any scores, be they gmat or gre!

Owen (Vanderbilt), sent me an email last night, saying apply again when you have more experience! I have five years of experience!!!!! I actually think Owen based its decision on someone else's file, not mine. Doesn't really make sense. I submitted the same application to Ross and UIUC, and these sent me invites, but a ding from Owen without an interview.

I think that for some of the schools, the admission process is a mess.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
What's going on with the Kelley people? Anybody heard anything? If it is a ding, i prefer my dings, earlier, rather than endless waiting. The deadline was Jan 5, and now it is Feb 7....surely there should be some movement on the file?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: SAE
Own Kudos [?]: 962 [0]
Given Kudos: 269
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
nyama wrote:
What's going on with the Kelley people? Anybody heard anything? If it is a ding, i prefer my dings, earlier, rather than endless waiting. The deadline was Jan 5, and now it is Feb 7....surely there should be some movement on the file?

The Associate Director interviewd me and said that the results of the interview would be out by Mid-March.
Surely there is still lot of time to send interview invites.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and a good thing never dies. (Let's hope :))
Shawshank Redemption

Gyan :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: SAE
Own Kudos [?]: 962 [0]
Given Kudos: 269
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
nyama wrote:

Nyama

I had my interview on 31st of Jan and I missed my slot (traffic ofcourse, even when I had a buffer of an hour ! ). Somehow convinced Brad to take my interview during lunch time. This is not it. My phone rang in the middle of the interview (in all the rush I had forgotten to switch it off).

I had the worst interview ever but I am still hopeful. Life is fun only when you enjoy it.
Cheer up! You will get your call soon enough.

Gyan :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts