Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:49 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
mba20155 wrote:
jrhat wrote:
Hi folks,
Congratulations to all the accepted candidates!

I was accepted this afternoon with no mention of scholarship funding. Should I assume that I will not be awarded any?

I need to decide tonight if I'll enroll in INSEAD and some funding from SOM might tip the balance.

Thanks!

If they did not mention it, you were not awarded a scholarship.

mba20155 is right, and Yale doesn't give out very many merit scholarships as it is (not this year anyways...more to come in the next few years).

Money aside though, check out thebschoollife's decision here (gotta sell Yale until the end haha): insead-vs-yale-som-decide-my-fate-144363.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
thank you both.
I'm heading to INSEAD it seems. The 1 year and european network is appealing to me - esp since I'm already a bit old for the MBA.
cheers
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
jrhat wrote:
thank you both.
I'm heading to INSEAD it seems. The 1 year and european network is appealing to me - esp since I'm already a bit old for the MBA.
cheers

Understandable! Have a great time at INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I saw the admission letter in the system, but did not receive an email regarding the status update. Should I worry? Anyone met a similar situation?

(Is it because I kept on checking the system, when the system immediately posted an update with light yellow shade, I opened it?)
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
holdtomaturity wrote:
I saw the admission letter in the system, but did not receive an email regarding the status update. Should I worry? Anyone met a similar situation?

(Is it because I kept on checking the system, when the system immediately posted an update with light yellow shade, I opened it?)

If it's in the system, then it's your decision (care to divulge what your result was?). It's possible the status update email went to spam?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
I got an email asking me to check my status. Thought it was a ding or WL but it's a congratulation letter! I'm thrilled!!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisted w/o an interview... Anyone know what that's about? I was frankly shocked, expecting a ding. Almost didn't bother to check my status when I got the "status updated" email. Seems like there are quite a few WL folks so I'm assuming my chances are pretty minimal, but does anyone have any thoughts on the rationale behind this (no interview but not dinged??).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.1
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
@aerien can't wait to meet you! i've been following this thread for a while, along with the anderson one and looks like i'm coming here!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
homegrown wrote:
@aerien can't wait to meet you! i've been following this thread for a while, along with the anderson one and looks like i'm coming here!

Yay! Admits, join the facebook group too -- link on the first page :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No, it wasn;t in the spam... so weird. I hope everything is OK...

Will the admits receive official email from the adcom regarding next steps? Thx

aerien wrote:
holdtomaturity wrote:

If it's in the system, then it's your decision (care to divulge what your result was?). It's possible the status update email went to spam?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
holdtomaturity wrote:

aerien wrote:
holdtomaturity wrote:

That's odd. But as long as the admit letter is there, it should be right... I did receive an official email from adcom about the admit and then of course, there's the admit package that comes in the mail.

Admits should also be getting information about upcoming receptions in the US. They start next week so mark your calendars.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
holdtomaturity wrote:

aerien wrote:
holdtomaturity wrote:

I received the admit letter about an hour after my call (call was around 1pm EST, letter arrived via email at 2:30pm EST). The status change notification just came through around 8pm EST. I think you'll get it - just a touch later!
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Heartiest congratulations to all the admits!! Evans hall is waiting for its first class :)

Please update your schools status to Admit/WL/Ding whenever you get a chance.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
machichi wrote:
We have our first R2 "matriculator"! Yayayayay! S/he didn't even hesitate it seems! :)

haha think that was me. Waiting for this one, but had a solid option from UCLA... fell in love with the students, the community and the campus during the interview tour. Plus the name doesn't hurt either!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I didn't receive any emails, I only have the admission letter in the app system. It's 10pm EST now, I still have not received any status update notification:(

homegrown wrote:
holdtomaturity wrote:

I received the admit letter about an hour after my call (call was around 1pm EST, letter arrived via email at 2:30pm EST). The status change notification just came through around 8pm EST. I think you'll get it - just a touch later!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Yale '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V50
GPA: 3.72
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Law)
Send PM
Congrats to all of today's admits! (Glad to be one of you. Haha.)

Quick question: did you just get a status update (with the admit letter / link to 2015 page(s)), or did you get an additional email from admissions? I was told on the phone to expect both, but I only received the former -- which is fine, as I'm sure it includes everything I need, but just wondering!

This has been a very interesting day for me, as those $$$ have very likely entirely changed where I thought I'd be next year... Eek!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
overdressed wrote:
Congrats to all of today's admits! (Glad to be one of you. Haha.)

Quick question: did you just get a status update (with the admit letter / link to 2015 page(s)), or did you get an additional email from admissions? I was told on the phone to expect both, but I only received the former -- which is fine, as I'm sure it includes everything I need, but just wondering!

This has been a very interesting day for me, as those $$$ have very likely entirely changed where I thought I'd be next year... Eek!

I was told the same on the phone, but only received the status update too. Maybe the admission officers were swamped and decided to call it a day and send the letters later? To those who did receive one, is there any pertinent/interesting info on the email that's not on the admitted student website??
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts