Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:08 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.09
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IESE 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
lamanxa wrote:
DukeCityMBA wrote:
I think I'm going to call the financial aid office tomorrow to get this figured out. I'm a combination of excited (about my acceptance) and worried (about the installment). Anyone that's got this figured out, please post!

Actually this 15k EUR commitment fee is quite a steep sum compared with other schools', specially when taken in consideration that the provided loan can cover only 80% of the balance in the case where no spanish co-signer is provided. Will also appreciate any information you guys get from financial aid office.

Regards

Hi lamanxa,

You do not need a Spanish co-signer to be eligible for the 100% loan as far as I know. You can get a bank guarantee from your own country, unless I have misunderstood the loan's requirements.

Also, if the tuition loan given by the Global Loan covers your 80%, you can assume that the other 20% are the 15k EUR which you will have already paid. The Global Loan covers 80% of the tuition cost, not of the tuition balance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ugh. Its confirmed: one must finance the 10k euro reservation fee without assistance from the school (in addition to the 5k one due right after acceptance). I was hoping that it would be financed somehow through the financial aid package, but the package you qualify for will kick in at the start of the semester in September. Until then, you're on your own. I've gotta start applying for private loans to get me through til then. This is gonna be tough for me. I have the 5k euros. The other 10? I don't know...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: IESE '15 (M$)
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
DukeCityMBA wrote:
Ugh. Its confirmed: one must finance the 10k euro reservation fee without assistance from the school (in addition to the 5k one due right after acceptance). I was hoping that it would be financed somehow through the financial aid package, but the package you qualify for will kick in at the start of the semester in September. Until then, you're on your own. I've gotta start applying for private loans to get me through til then. This is gonna be tough for me. I have the 5k euros. The other 10? I don't know...

I think if we all make it past that 10k hurdle and Matriculate at IESE somehow, we should petition the school to have it lessened or removed.. because it is ridiculously high!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sunshineavenue wrote:
DukeCityMBA wrote:

I think if we all make it past that 10k hurdle and Matriculate at IESE somehow, we should petition the school to have it lessened or removed.. because it is ridiculously high!

Indeed, it is quite the sum... Have you guys sorted out your financials? I am still waiting for a bank's reply this week, fingers crossed. The main issue has been getting an educational loan to cover the living expenses. Lots of banks have formulas to cover the tuition fees, but very few offer to cover living expenses as well... I find this rather silly as living expenses amount to half the tuition fees at times, such as IESE's 40k euros + living expenses over two years. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I havent sorted out living expenses yet either.... its but for some reason, I am so sure something will work out... Im sure something will work out for you as well... Quick question.. where are you from? @Prm86
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, does anybody know what is the Guarantee that is required for the Global Loan to be 100% instead of the 80% of tuition fees? What kind of guarantee does the bank ask for?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow, 0 movement in here :) Anybody alive, and anybody using the Facebook group of IESE?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Lol...yeah, totally dead...people must be too busy hustling up ten k euros hehe...I'm on the face book group, but not very active

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, been looking up the FB page for admitted students. Also, been looking for financing still. You guys have any luck? I'm from the US, so I applied for a Sallie Mae loan. We'll see how it goes...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DukeCityMBA wrote:
Yeah, been looking up the FB page for admitted students. Also, been looking for financing still. You guys have any luck? I'm from the US, so I applied for a Sallie Mae loan. We'll see how it goes...

I'm still working on my financials as well. Local banks weren't helpful at all so I'm relying on the 80% Global Loan to make this work. The rest, reservations fees and living expenses, will be covered by a loan from a local bank, with my father as guarantor, and also the loan might not cover all the expenses...

I will be applying to the global loan tonight or tomorrow at the latest. In case anyone missed the e-mail from IESE, you can now apply to the Global Loan starting May 1 instead of June 1. That is one piece of information I wished they had given us one month ago.

I can honestly say I was hoping for better ways of financing my MBA.

Have you guys begun searching for an apartment? I was hoping that I'd be able to get to Barcelona sometime around August, however I've read that August is a "dead" month for apartment search.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys, my link for the global loan doesnt work, so I still havent applied.. is there anybody willing to email it to me? or is there a way I can find it publically?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sunshineavenue wrote:
hey guys, my link for the global loan doesnt work, so I still havent applied.. is there anybody willing to email it to me? or is there a way I can find it publically?

Hello sunshineavenue,

The link sent by email does not work because there is a space added in front of the www, which translates to %20 when clicked. I'll send you the fixed link by pm.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prm86 wrote:
sunshineavenue wrote:

Hello sunshineavenue,

The link sent by email does not work because there is a space added in front of the www, which translates to %20 when clicked. I'll send you the fixed link by pm.

Thank you so much! let me get started...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
sunshineavenue wrote:
prm86 wrote:
sunshineavenue wrote:

Hello sunshineavenue,

Thank you so much! let me get started...

Hi guys,

I didn't get any email regarding the Global Loan, can you guys please forward me this information through PM? Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi lamanxa,

I sent you the link by PM. For other people who need the updated loan conditions (I'm not sure if the link has been updated on the IESE website), this is it:

https://www.youblisher.com/p/627928-Glob ... -MBA-2013/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So... Its June now..... are we all matriculating? Did we manage to pull together 15,000 freaking euros?.. Il be really happy if I get to meet all you guys on Campus in a few months
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sunshineavenue wrote:
So... Its June now..... are we all matriculating? Did we manage to pull together 15,000 freaking euros?.. Il be really happy if I get to meet all you guys on Campus in a few months

Still matriculating here. Applied for the VISA, it should be out on June 24 at the latest. Applied to Global Loan as well and I'm waiting for their answer. And yes, I did manage to pull those frigging 15k :shock:

I'm targeting August 20 or so to be in Barcelona, so I can attend the Business Spanish classes. I'm thinking of renting an apartment for about 2 weeks, so I can search for a good place to stay comfortably while I'm there.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts