Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 21:58 It is currently 14 May 2024, 21:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
JJ14 wrote:
The Sept 2013 waitlist forum indicates a few ppl were accepted already to 14D on MBAconnect.

Oh boy...

What I learned from Jan 13 thread is that the first acceptance calls will start around Jun 17th, but only for those who asked adcom to expedite because of pending decisions on other schools. And yes, there will be some defferals or former waitlisters accepted.

Most calls will come starting Tuesday of deadline week, in our case June 25th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
ramachaitanya wrote:
Next day I was so tensed I skipped work... and waited for a response, checking my mail every 2 minutes.

welcome to the club!

Hahahaha... Well I think I have.. A long wait now to see if INSEAD deems me fit for the interviews or not! Any idea how long it takes before we get a application accepted and a preselect mail?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
docks007 wrote:
Lucky you!! You tried submitting a day before atleast. I hit the submit button at 2pm CET on 12th June and pdf crashed :-P

Just imagine my panic level (because of that I submitted my transcript twice ;-), got so tensed :)). But then this forum helped + I kept calling them again and again. By mistake, called the Singapore campus twice and the lady said Mam its 9pm here, plz call tomorrow :)

Diana replied to me as well.

I guess Diana must have had a harrowing day! Anyway, I have promised myself that I wont let my other apps get as delayed as I got for INSEAD, and certainly not the last day! My heart cannot take another attack for now.. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ramachaitanya wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
ramachaitanya wrote:
Next day I was so tensed I skipped work... and waited for a response, checking my mail every 2 minutes.

welcome to the club!

Hahahaha... Well I think I have.. A long wait now to see if INSEAD deems me fit for the interviews or not! Any idea how long it takes before we get a application accepted and a preselect mail?

In my case it was 2 days after deadline passed. Interview preselection email - 6 weeks, but some folks received 1 week earlier than I did
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For me its INSEAD !!

ramachaitanya wrote:

I guess Diana must have had a harrowing day! Anyway, I have promised myself that I wont let my other apps get as delayed as I got for INSEAD, and certainly not the last day! My heart cannot take another attack for now.. :)[/quote]

Originally posted by docks007 on 13 Jun 2013, 05:23.
Last edited by docks007 on 25 Jun 2013, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Guys and gals,

you gotta relax a little :P. INSEAD admission staffs are well-informed of the problem with pdf application. I think they are making a move toward a web-based application like other school. If it is not your fault, they will understand and give you a break.

I emailed my coordinator as soon as I figure out I made a mistakes on my application. She was very helpful and usually replay within the same day. If INSEAD is a business and admission staffs is the customer service staffs, I would rate them an A+ , so dont worry.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
There are 21 admits for class of December 2014 (starting Jan 2014, graduate Dec 2014) according to the information on MBAconnect. Could these people are deferral from last year ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
There are 21 admits for class of December 2014 (starting Jan 2014, graduate Dec 2014) according to the information on MBAconnect. Could these people are deferral from last year ?

Yea, it's probably deferrals. Might also be some early admits from applicants who are accepted to other schools.

While the past isn't a perfect predictor for the future (who knows if routines are changed or not, or how representative the GC applicants were last year), it seems we have about a week and half of waiting to go until we can realistically expect an answer.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ducceus, I am sure you are going to get the admit :-)

I dont know my coordinator yet. No mail received. I guess it will come within a week ? Will send the right score then.

ducceus wrote:
Guys and gals,

you gotta relax a little :P. INSEAD admission staffs are well-informed of the problem with pdf application. I think they are making a move toward a web-based application like other school. If it is not your fault, they will understand and give you a break.

I emailed my coordinator as soon as I figure out I made a mistakes on my application. She was very helpful and usually replay within the same day. If INSEAD is a business and admission staffs is the customer service staffs, I would rate them an A+ , so dont worry.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
My personal INSEAD application timeline if anyone interested

Quote:
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day ??: not sure, will update later. admission decision.

Quote:
Ducceus, I am sure you are going to get the admit

I only wish to hear this from admission office at INSEAD lol
Manager
Manager
Send PM
does anyone know an insider info how exactly interview reports are used by adcom? it is said that they conduct whole evaluation once again, this time with interview reports. this is so interesting to know to what extent interviews count in the final decision
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
cyberhawk wrote:
does anyone know an insider info how exactly interview reports are used by adcom? it is said that they conduct whole evaluation once again, this time with interview reports. this is so interesting to know to what extent interviews count in the final decision

The point of an alumni interview is to determine your "fit" to the program. It makes sense because just like anywhere else, you can be extremely intelligent and well-experience, but you can't get along with other people, then you are setting up for failure. So, I think (and this is my guess) from the point the application submit to the pre-select interview decision is based on your intelligence and experience. Then, after the interview to the point of final admission decision is base on your fit.

This way, they will get the people who are smart, well experience, can get along, and further INSEAD cultural of diversity. Base on the link I post earlier, INSEAD mentioned that the ad com is made up of faculties and alumni, so let's get into INSEAD, become alumni, so we can figure this black box out lol ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:

The point of an alumni interview is to determine your "fit" to the program. It makes sense because just like anywhere else, you can be extremely intelligent and well-experience, but you can't get along with other people, then you are setting up for failure. So, I think (and this is my guess) from the point the application submit to the pre-select interview decision is based on your intelligence and experience. Then, after the interview to the point of final admission decision is base on your fit.

This way, they will get the people who are smart, well experience, can get along, and further INSEAD cultural of diversity. Base on the link I post earlier, INSEAD mentioned that the ad com is made up of faculties and alumni, so let's get into INSEAD, become alumni, so we can figure this black box out lol ?

oh yeah! can't wait to grill some applicants on the interview as an alumnus! lol

thanks for posting this, it provided kind of relief (temporary). cannot forget some bullshit I told during the 1st interview. so if it's about fit not about the precision of answers than it's manageable
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I interviewed people for jobs in my office, and I experience the same thing. If they are not smart, well.. it is obvious. If they are smart, then I will try to figure out if I can get along with him or her. If not, then they are out the door. Every big firm, organization have their own identity and culture, you need fit in that cultural to survive. The worst thing that could happen is for you to get there and realize you hate it. It will make your life miserable and the life of people around you.

Let's see if I can fit in at INSEAD lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
So in a few days I head off on vacation around Asia for a couple of weeks, overlapping right with the decision deadline. I'll probably be unreachable by phone, does anyone know how INSEAD tend to contact you regarding the decision? I should probably notify my coordinator as well...

Either way I will either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Cart wrote:
So in a few days I head off on vacation around Asia for a couple of weeks, overlapping right with the decision deadline. I'll probably be unreachable by phone, does anyone know how INSEAD tend to contact you regarding the decision? I should probably notify my coordinator as well...

Either way I will either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows!

Sometime email, sometime phone call. If they decided that you are in, there is nothing you can do to stop them to go to INSEAD. Enjoy your vacation :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus, what other schools did you consider or will consider in case of unfavorable outcome?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts