Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
cyberhawk wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
@cyber

so it does in India..the unorganised segment of any sector here is highly lucrative..provided u kno how to do business the ''Indian'' way

I've recently read Shantaram, an amazing book

i met the author..@cafe leopolds in mumbai...what an amazing man!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Quote:
my take (after living some time in moscow) - invest all post-mba income to moscow real estate and start renting to the flocks of labor migrants.

The first Vietnamese billionaires made his first 100 millions selling instant noodle to the Ukraine population. He beats me to the 1st Vietnamese to be on Forbes Billionaires list :P.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Quote:
my take (after living some time in moscow) - invest all post-mba income to moscow real estate and start renting to the flocks of labor migrants.

The first Vietnamese billionaires made his first 100 millions selling instant noodle to the Ukraine population. He beats me to the 1st Vietnamese to be on Forbes Billionaires list :P.

after soviet union collapsed we had a big disproportion between heavy/weapons industries and consumer oriented industries. so, some of our forbes billionaires earned their 1st capitals by trading quite basic stuff.

Originally posted by cyberhawk on 18 Jun 2013, 05:31.
Last edited by cyberhawk on 18 Jun 2013, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Nadezda wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
Personally I posted >100 posts though I could limit myself only to 4

that's a contribution! I think we shall relax on this week as notification will start coming from 24th probably.

Are you based in Kiev now? where you plan to start - Fonty?

Im from Russia, but based in Sing now, and want to start here.

Cyber and Nadezda
95% of my post is in this thread, and i will be same as cyber if ding. Please explain why Singy is better campus choice for you ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Nadezda wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
Personally I posted >100 posts though I could limit myself only to 4

that's a contribution! I think we shall relax on this week as notification will start coming from 24th probably.

Are you based in Kiev now? where you plan to start - Fonty?

Im from Russia, but based in Sing now, and want to start here.

Cyber and Nadezda
95% of my post is in this thread, and i will be same as cyber if ding. Please explain why Singy is better campus choice for you ?

I bet it's climate! everyone from russia has a dream to spend 1 winter in a warmer climate.

I initially wanted to end up in Singy and to spend here the last 3 periods. INSEAD claims every recruiter should not discriminate based on campus. So even if you are in Singy you can conduct interviews with recruiters from Fonty campus via video conf. However, talking to current students, alumni, and companies I realized it's not like that. So if admitted I would try to switch to Singy to end up in Fonty

personally for me, I've never been to SEA, but I've traveled and done business with western europe, so Fonty is 2nd priority
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Quote:
I bet it's climate! everyone from russia has a dream to spend 1 winter in a warmer climate.

I initially wanted to end up in Singy and to spend here the last 3 periods. INSEAD claims every recruiter should not discriminate based on campus. So even if you are in Singy you can conduct interviews with recruiters from Fonty campus via video conf. However, talking to current students, alumni, and companies I realized it's not like that. So if admitted I would try to switch to Singy to end up in Fonty

personally for me, I've never been to SEA, but I've traveled and done business with western europe, so Fonty is 2nd priority

You want to work in Western Euro then ? Usually people start at a campus then end in the campus they want to work in. I also talk to the current student and from what I heard career service only help you minimally. It is still up to you to find your dream job after INSEAD. I don't have the expectation of going to INSEAD, and my dream job will automatically drop in my lap lol. Like everything else, you gotta earn it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Quote:
after soviet union collapsed we had a big disproportion between heavy/weapons industries and consumer oriented industries. so, some of our forbes billionaires earned their 1st capitals by trading quite basic stuff.

So now that he is on that list. My goal is to be in the top 10 :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

You want to work in Western Euro then ? Usually people start at a campus then end in the campus they want to work in. I also talk to the current student and from what I heard career service only help you minimally. It is still up to you to find your dream job after INSEAD. I don't have the expectation of going to INSEAD, and my dream job will automatically drop in my lap lol. Like everything else, you gotta earn it.

I aim for eastern europe. and recruiters come to Fonty. Still if any opportunity pops up I will not limit myself
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

ducceus,

don't limit yourself. Forbes participants change as frequently as Fortune 100 companies. By the time of your 1st billion others may go bankrupt, so you can spot # 1
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

ducceus,

don't limit yourself. Forbes participants change as frequently as Fortune 100 companies. By the time of your 1st billion others may go bankrupt, so you can spot # 1

Sorry, what I meant was I will be number #1, but after donate a significant portion of my fortune to INSEAD for scholarship, I will remain in top 10 lol
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Quote:
I aim for eastern europe. and recruiters come to Fonty. Still if any opportunity pops up I will not limit myself

isn't Singy closer to Eastern Europe o.o ???By Eastern Euro, you meant Russia and related country right ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any more Russian\Ukranian\Kazakh candidates for Jan 2014 intake?
Me, Nadezhda and Cyberhawk... maybe somebody else?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:

Sorry, what I meant was I will be number #1, but after donate a significant portion of my fortune to INSEAD for scholarship, I will remain in top 10 lol

if you mentioned that in your essay than you should not worry about admission lol
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

isn't Singy closer to Eastern Europe o.o ???By Eastern Euro, you meant Russia and related country right ?

I mean Russia and Ukraine. They are significantly closer to Fonty, because they are in Europe.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus wrote:

if you mentioned that in your essay than you should not worry about admission lol

I did not mention anything about the Forbes #1 spot, but I do mention that I am willing to donate my financial resources to higher education institution (AKA MBA school, I did not mention INSEAD specifically tho lol)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Aila12345 wrote:
Any more Russian\Ukranian\Kazakh candidates for Jan 2014 intake?
Me, Nadezhda and Cyberhawk... maybe somebody else?

nice to hear, can you post your profile?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

I mean Russia and Ukraine. They are significantly closer to Fonty, because they are in Europe.

Emerging county is where the money at, brah. You are navigating dangerous territory dealing with corruption, nepotism and else. But still, if you going to hit something, you going to hit it big. You guys talking about doing business the "Indian way". If I understand it correctly, I dont think it is the "Indian way", it is just doing business. Corruption and nepotism is everywhere. In the more developed country, they just hide it better. lol

I don't feel like compete with the already-entrenched U.S or Western European Capitalists who have vast amount of resources and political connection.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts