Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 16:17 It is currently 05 May 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
xinga wrote:
datarashtra wrote:
Hi,

I recently got wait listed for the NUS Regular MBA '13 program. Is there anyone else on the same boat?

Wait listed with or without the interview?

I am waitlisted with the interview. Does anyone have information regarding past conversion rates for waitlisted candidates? This is the only school that I've applied to for the 2013 intake after a rather last decision to pursue an MBA, and hence the anxiety.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
datarashtra wrote:
xinga wrote:
datarashtra wrote:
Hi,

I recently got wait listed for the NUS Regular MBA '13 program. Is there anyone else on the same boat?

Wait listed with or without the interview?

I am waitlisted with the interview. Does anyone have information regarding past conversion rates for waitlisted candidates? This is the only school that I've applied to for the 2013 intake after a rather last decision to pursue an MBA, and hence the anxiety.

Oh, good luck with it.

How long after the interview did you hear back from NUS?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4055 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Guys,
Can any body please let me know when the NUS Essays for Fall 2013 session were out last year...?

What were the R1 and R2 deadlines...?

Really appreciate any feedback!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
Guys,
Can any body please let me know when the NUS Essays for Fall 2013 session were out last year...?

What were the R1 and R2 deadlines...?

Really appreciate any feedback!

Folks,
any update on this...?

Would really appreciate any information...

NUS applicants/admits-Can you please shot a reply...?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
I have a couple of questions about work/visas in Singapore if anyone can help:

* Would my wife be allowed to work, just with my student visa?
* As a student, would I be allowed to do part-time work during term time?

Thanks guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
You can work part time. (https://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... dents.aspx)
Your wife's case would be tricky. She will get Social Visit Pass (SVP) sponsored by your university. You cannot work while on SVP (https://www.contactsingapore.sg/visas_an ... _visitors/)
Depending upon demand of her skills/expertise in Singapore, she can always apply for Employment Pass (EP) independently (https://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx)

Ducksworth wrote:
I have a couple of questions about work/visas in Singapore if anyone can help:

* Would my wife be allowed to work, just with my student visa?
* As a student, would I be allowed to do part-time work during term time?

Thanks guys.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MsPineapple wrote:
You can work part time. (https://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... dents.aspx)
Your wife's case would be tricky. She will get Social Visit Pass (SVP) sponsored by your university. You cannot work while on SVP (https://www.contactsingapore.sg/visas_an ... _visitors/)
Depending upon demand of her skills/expertise in Singapore, she can always apply for Employment Pass (EP) independently (https://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx)

Thanks a lot for the reply MsPineapple and for the links!!!! Just checked the webpage regarding work for students and I am confused. It says that "[a student can work if he:] is under an industrial attachment programme conducted by his educational institution. The industrial attachment must either be a compulsory or elective programme which should contribute towards the students’ graduation from the course." So does it mean that I can only work if the school arranges it?

The situation for my wife is now clear I think!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Based on my experience when I was studying (Non-MBA course) at NUS many years ago
a- If you're working part time, you can only work 16 hours a week. This part time work can be related to any field. This can include working at McDonalds :P
b- Industrial attachment is like internship where a student is working full time, 40 hours a week for whole summer or one/two semesters. Normally, such industrial attachment is part of your degree requirements considering you are working full time.

If you are doing internship as part of your MBA requirements or something arranged by INSEAD, you don't need to worry. You can work 40 hours a week during that internship. But if you're planning to do something on your own, you can only work 16 hours a week.

I was wondering. Do you think you'll be able to get time to work part time while studying full time for MBA

Ducksworth wrote:
MsPineapple wrote:

Thanks a lot for the reply MsPineapple and for the links!!!! Just checked the webpage regarding work for students and I am confused. It says that "[a student can work if he:] is under an industrial attachment programme conducted by his educational institution. The industrial attachment must either be a compulsory or elective programme which should contribute towards the students’ graduation from the course." So does it mean that I can only work if the school arranges it?

The situation for my wife is now clear I think!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MsPineapple wrote:
Based on my experience when I was studying (Non-MBA course) at NUS many years ago
a- If you're working part time, you can only work 16 hours a week. This part time work can be related to any field. This can include working at McDonalds :P
b- Industrial attachment is like internship where a student is working full time, 40 hours a week for whole summer or one/two semesters. Normally, such industrial attachment is part of your degree requirements considering you are working full time.

If you are doing internship as part of your MBA requirements or something arranged by INSEAD, you don't need to worry. You can work 40 hours a week during that internship. But if you're planning to do something on your own, you can only work 16 hours a week.

I was wondering. Do you think you'll be able to get time to work part time while studying full time for MBA

Thanks a lot for the great info!!!! I REALLY appreciate it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 353 [0]
Given Kudos: 185
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V39
GRE 1: Q790 V650
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
[spoiler=]
souvik101990 wrote:

2.We would like you to tell us about your post-MBA immediate career goals and how your professional experiences have prepared you to achieve these goals. You may do so by a 300 words written essay or a two-minute video. If you wish to submit a video, you can upload it on YouTube, change the privacy settings to “Unlisted” and email us the URL. Alternatively, you can send in your video to us in a thumbdrive or CD.

Hi everybody,
Could anyone suggest if there is any preference given to video over essay or vice versa. You may also give your preference with reasons :)

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

Regards
Akhil
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hey guys,
How many rounds does NUS have? Is it similar to US schools R1,R2...or else?

Appreciate your feedback.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73049 [0]
Given Kudos: 18908
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All NUS Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All NUS Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All NUS Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated NUS Forum to dive into all things related to NUS's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts